ARTPOP ACT II Discussion

Hello little monsters!

So, the fandom is going crazy about the petition for the release of ARTPOP Act II... Not sure where it will lead but anyway, why don't we take this moment as an opportunity to celebrate such a great album? For me, it's one of my favourites...

I think the world will probably never be ready for ARTPOP, because of its nature... I don't think it's one of those albums that anybody can listen to shallowly and immediately like it... but I'm happy people have finally acknowledged it and are fighting to get the second act released.

What are your thoughts about ARTPOP? What are your favourite tracks, MV, performances, outfits, interviews?

ARTPOP (the song) is probably my favourite song... I love that Gaga sang it with bare feet too... It feels like if she manages to give voice to the art through her whole body...

I also really like her performance with Elton:

She seemed so happy and self-expressed 😍

I think the whole album is a great expression of her artistry, she really is unafraid to reference (:tricon:) and I think that's one of the things that make her a huge icon.

I mean... these 11.46 minutes are pure art:

You guys have probably listened to this but here is Gaga explaining every track of the ALBUM (bonus: listening to her voice is so soothing 😌):

Can't wait to hear your thoughts about this controversial album! Whether we will get a second act or not (I do believe that at some point it will be released - I hope we will still be alive by then 😂), let's celebrate what we have 🔵

• Love 2

Hey, how to start lol

I love artpop obviously  ! My favourites are venus and artpop, I think because they made feel really light and joy , it's like you are somewhere else for few minutes.  I also really like swine for the rage in it ,listening to that song makes me wants to scream and dance it's a good way to evacuate tension.  I love  the others too of course.

My favourite performance is the artRAVE!  I wish I was there it's like a crazy party full of colours ❤

I cant say I have a favourite outfit, I'm pretty much uncomfortable with the fashion on this era, but I guess it was the point lol 

• Love 1

I love ARTPOP, and I love the art references 😍

One of my favorite songs is GYPSY cause I relate to the lyrics and feel connected to it.

1 hour ago, gia said:

You guys have probably listened to this but here is Gaga explaining every track of the ALBUM

Omg yes I remember this. Thanks. I will listen it to it again cause I love her voice 😍

ARTPOP is amazing !!

Everytime i listen to it, it feels like i'm in an other dimension espacially with Venus and ARTPOP my favorite songs!! This album is a true journey.

Also the ArtRave is amazing A true party, so colourfull.

How To not mention the flying dress!

I love the concept. ARTPOP was an innovation. I hope ARTPOP Will have its revenge.

:puff:

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Loloreanne said:

ARTPOP is amazing !!

Everytime i listen to it, it feels like i'm in an other dimension espacially with Venus and ARTPOP my favorite songs!! This album is a true journey.

I love the concept. ARTPOP was an innovation. I hope ARTPOP Will have its revenge.

We have the same thoughts lol,  I wrote the same things in my comment lol 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Loloreanne said:

ARTPOP is amazing !!

The flying dress! 🤩 

I love her seashell bikinis 😍 

2 hours ago, Adeline said:

Hey, how to start lol

I love artpop obviously  ! My favourites are venus and artpop, I think because they made feel really light and joy , it's like you are somewhere else for few minutes.  I also really like swine for the rage in it ,listening to that song makes me wants to scream and dance it's a good way to evacuate tension.  I love  the others too of course.

My favourite performance is the artRAVE!  I wish I was there it's like a crazy party full of colours ❤

I cant say I have a favourite outfit, I'm pretty much uncomfortable with the fashion on this era, but I guess it was the point lol 

I like Swine too! Some people say it's a skip... I actually really like that song! There's so much anger and disgust that she manages to release 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, gia said:

I like Swine too! Some people say it's a skip... I actually really like that song! There's so much anger and disgust that she manages to release 

I never skip swine and I usually listen to it twice in a row at least lol 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Adeline said:

We have the same thoughts lol,  I wrote the same things in my comment lol 

It's fun we talk about the same point. So funny. We agree. We have the same thoughts that's cool.

Edited by Loloreanne
  • Love 1
  • ★ Senior Moderator
Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2021 at 2:33 AM, gia said:

What are your thoughts about ARTPOP?

Oh my God 2013... It was a hard year for all. But this album was EVERYTHING even if things weren’t going to be perfect as Gaga thought. This album was right but way too ahead of its time. Unfortunately hip-hop was dominating the charts during the time, but you know, this album survived and it sell well in the end. In my opinion, it’s not my favorite Gaga album, but I don’t hate it, I love it. spacer.png

On 4/4/2021 at 2:33 AM, gia said:

What are your favourite tracks, MV, performances, outfits, interviews?

Top 5 Tracks: 

1. ARTPOP
  2. Aura
  3. Jewels & Drugs 
  4. Fashion! 
  5. Donatella

My favorite performance: 

My favorite outfits:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Tony

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

• Matt changed the title to ARTPOP ACT II Discussion
4 minutes ago, Matt said:

As of today, What's your favorite ARTPOP track?

Title track remains on of her best songs for me.

Same! 

My favourite one is ARTPOP... 🔵 

I also love Venus and Dope 

3 minutes ago, TheRealTadeo said:

I feel like last Gaga's tweets about ARTPOP are saying "ok thanks for caring about that project but stop it, I don't want to refresh that sh*t"

I really didn't see anything that made me think that way 🤔 

• ★ Administrator
3 minutes ago, TheRealTadeo said:

I feel like last Gaga's tweets about ARTPOP are saying "ok thanks for caring about that project but stop it, I don't want to refresh that sh*t"

OMG no, I totally thought she meant it like "Thank you, I'll think about it" ahahah

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
4 minutes ago, Matt said:

OMG no, I totally thought she meant it like "Thank you, I'll think about it" ahahah

I hope so, even if she releases it like Miley's "Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz" when it was free to download, that was nice.

1 hour ago, TheRealTadeo said:

Me too , I take it like that lol but bot the stop it part.  Just that she very touched by this project but it was too painful 

Personally I see ARTPOP as something that helped her bring out all the pain and struggles she went through... I see it more as something cathartic rather than just painful. 

34 minutes ago, danibon1 said:

the title track - Venus - Gipsy 

I couldn't choose just one lol :DerpGa:

That also would be my top 3 I think! But Applause could be up there too, such an incredible lead single! At the time I was disappointed because we all expected Aura to be the lead, and it was so different, but Applause is a masterclass of a pop song, no wonder she's still performing it today!

15 minutes ago, Leography said:

That also would be my top 3 I think! But Applause could be up there too, such an incredible lead single! At the time I was disappointed because we all expected Aura to be the lead, and it was so different, but Applause is a masterclass of a pop song, no wonder she's still performing it today!

Applause is just a little step below those 3 songs imo! 

There will be a streaming party at 7pm CET. 

Make sure you tweet using the hashtag #StreamARTPOP too! 🔵 

The whole thing makes me so happy! 

2001178886_--_20210410_1.gif.05b819e342af161232ddf99cb8537856.gif

• Love 3