Original Artwork Vs Fan Made Artwork

• ★ Moderator

So if you are on twitter, you probably would have seen so much of fan made artwork for singles or albums and sometimes i feel like its better than the original artwork for that particular single/album. What are your thoughts? Do you think artist should hire fans to help do their artwork? 

• Love 2

That's so good! I didn't know Katy did that! 

It really is great when people who have a public voice can bring new artists to light... some artworks are stunning :floor: 

6 hours ago, tony said:

I’m completely agree! Look what just Katy Perry did with Smile. She used one fan art for an alternative smile artwork 

I remember this and I remember the fan who did this is a Little Monster as well.

I do believe sometimes fan do better and are more creative. That doesn't mean what artists do it's bad, but some fans are just amazing and extremely talented!! Just look at all the creative concepts, artworks and videos some fans did for Chromatica, and those for the Adobe contest too....they are brilliant!

I do remember when back in 2012 Gaga used Helen Green artworks for something 🤔
I think the BTWF bus  was also design by a fan, wasn't it??

af5ba6c7ee9c5f7b5397db485cbf2fd7.jpeg

These were also made by an Italian little monster, Maddalena, back in 2013 for the BTW Foundation...I remember she was contacted directly by Maya or the Haus.

house-of-gaga-1.jpeg

image.jpeg

These were also sold on Gaga's official website. Also made by a fan.

bb2c243cd42fa8923d44a4baf4567d4e.jpeg

Schermata 2021-04-03 alle 11.09.42.png

I think if the Haus would let some fan design some of the merch would be amazing 😍

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

I remember this and I remember the fan who did this is a Little Monster as well.

I do believe sometimes fan do better and are more creative. That doesn't mean what artists do it's bad, but some fans are just amazing and extremely talented!! Just look at all the creative concepts, artworks and videos some fans did for Chromatica, and those for the Adobe contest too....they are brilliant!

These were also made by an Italian little monster, Maddalena, back in 2013 for the BTW Foundation...I remember she was contacted directly by Maya or the Haus.

house-of-gaga-1.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think if the Haus would let some fan design some of the merch would be amazing 😍

Thanks for those info and the pictures ! I didn't know about that 😘

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

house-of-gaga-1.jpeg

image.jpeg

I love gaga’s supporting💓

1 hour ago, Giulia Monster said:

house-of-gaga-1.jpeg

image.jpeg

That t-shirt was so cute 🥺 

• ★ Moderator
2 hours ago, Giulia Monster said:

house-of-gaga-1.jpeg

image.jpeg

I agree with you, and omg i just remembered helen, its been so long. She always did drawings of Gaga and all. It would be amazing if Haus would invite fans to design. Like its pretty obvious alot of these people are talented asf.

8 hours ago, tony said:

I’m completely agree! Look what just Katy Perry did with Smile. She used one fan art for an alternative smile artwork 

YESS i just joined stan twitter and i remember this was one of the first tweets i saw.  She was so sweet to do this and the artwork slaps. Hopefully more artist do this.

• 3 weeks later...

i  feel like artists should start hiring more fans as graphic designers since the fans are actually passionate about the project and are connected to the artist in a way! it just really makes a difference if you're doing something just to get paid or if you are actually excited about doing it!