Quitting Social Media

Hey monsters, I quit social media (for now) and I’ve been focusing on looking at things, observing, listening. I’m replaying the chromatica interviews and album and it’s so much fun without all the noise. How are y’all doing?

Edited by little_monster_amy
No tag
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Matt changed the title to Quitting Social Media
  • ★ Moderator

Yes, social media can be a bit overwhelming at times, although I'll admit I've been spending way more time on it during lockdown than I ever did before. It can be difficult for me to take a break from it bc it's the only way I can keep in touch with my irl friends during the pandemic. This might sound silly, but another thing that's making it difficult for me to take a break from social media is that I'm afraid to miss anything my favourite celebrities announce on there 😅😂. I'm also a moderator on a lot of fandoms, aside from this one, that require quite a lot of care at times, but although it can be quite time consuming, I really enjoy moderating all of the fandoms, including this one 🥰🥰. And I do try to take a few breaks during the day, even if it's just to do something as simple as playing with my dog or watching one of my favourite movies, or playing the piano or singing 🙃

• Love 2
8 hours ago, little_monster_amy said:

Yes, social media can be a bit overwhelming at times, although I'll admit I've been spending way more time on it during lockdown than I ever did before. It can be difficult for me to take a break from it bc it's the only way I can keep in touch with my irl friends during the pandemic. This might sound silly, but another thing that's making it difficult for me to take a break from social media is that I'm afraid to miss anything my favourite celebrities announce on there 😅😂. I'm also a moderator on a lot of fandoms, aside from this one, that require quite a lot of care at times, but although it can be quite time consuming, I really enjoy moderating all of the fandoms, including this one 🥰🥰. And I do try to take a few breaks during the day, even if it's just to do something as simple as playing with my dog or watching one of my favourite movies, or playing the piano or singing 🙃

I think it's very healthy to quit social media sometimes. Especially if you feel the need to , social media are very addictive so it's a big thing if you found the strength to quit sometimes 👍

• Love 2
9 hours ago, little_monster_amy said:

I definitely know what you mean. Whenever I tried deactivating my accounts in the past, fb would always remind me “but what about your page?” or “what about your friends?”. But tbh since the beginning of the pandemic I’ve been on social media non-stop as if any time I refreshed the page I thought I was going to  find out something major, which never happened. 
I think real friends are different from followers or online friends; meaning a real friend will text/call you. We don’t need social media to be in contact with our friends, we can always use the tools we had before the Internet era. 
as for keeping up with your fave I come on this app to see what’s new with Gaga. 
🖤🖤🖤

44 minutes ago, Adeline said:

I think it's very healthy to quit social media sometimes. Especially if you feel the need to , social media are very addictive so it's a big thing if you found the strength to quit sometimes 👍

Thanks!! I think everyone needs to take a break and watch the world with their own eyes instead of looking at it through a screen. There’s a lot that we are missing out on because of this machine that most of us are addicted to.

paws up

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Erosadams said:

Thanks!! I think everyone needs to take a break and watch the world with their own eyes instead of looking at it through a screen. There’s a lot that we are missing out on because of this machine that most of us are addicted to.

paws up

I think your right 🙃 also sometimes it's just changing the way you use it . Not following everybody,  choose carefully the people you want to look at and unfollow everyone who spreads things you don't like 🙂

24 minutes ago, Adeline said:

I think your right 🙃 also sometimes it's just changing the way you use it . Not following everybody,  choose carefully the people you want to look at and unfollow everyone who spreads things you don't like 🙂

Also, I have LGNon pop up,  so , If anything happens I will know it.  I don't have to check all day, and anyway I only trust them for the info,  I rather not see the other ones because often its fake news lol

• Love 1

That's a good decision. I want to sometimes try that but most of my friends are online and there's no other way for me to interact with themxso that's the only thing that keeps me away from doing that! 

19 hours ago, Erosadams said:

Hey monsters, I quit social media (for now) and I’ve been focusing on looking at things, observing, listening. I’m replaying the chromatica interviews and album and it’s so much fun without all the noise. How are y’all doing?

I've been thinking on doing it too. My anxiety has been worse, but the gym helps me a lot. I hope you're doing okay. :kiss:

• Love 1

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

I wish I would be able to do it too one day. Not just social media but everything! I wish I would go to a place for a few days, where I don't have internet connection and see how I'm doing 😂

However, like @little_monster_amy said, now it's the only way to stay in touch with friends, during this pandemic. I would totally go crazy if I couldn't use social media (or the internet in general) right now when I have nothing to do but stay at home....Social Media help me to escape and see things I like, keep in touch with friends, discuss, and get distracted from the whole situation.

But I believe being away from social media for some time would be very helpful and healing and everybody should try at least once. I would like to try, when the situation will get better...

On 3/30/2021 at 11:50 PM, little_monster_amy said:

This might sound silly, but another thing that's making it difficult for me to take a break from social media is that I'm afraid to miss anything my favourite celebrities announce on there 😅😂.

Saaaaame 😂😂😂

• Love 1