Denmark suspends the use of AstraZeneca after blood clots

Denmark suspended the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine because of concerns about links to an increased risk of blood clots, the Danish Health Authority announced on Thursday.

All use of the vaccine is now halted for at least 14 days after several severe cases of clots were reported among people who had received the shot, the national broadcaster DR reported.

The Danish Medicines Agency said in a statement that it was investigating the death of a person vaccinated with the AstraZeneca shot who developed a blood clot.

The Danish minister of health, Magnus Heunicke, posted a message on Twitterconfirming that the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine had been suspended, “following a signal of possible serious side effects in the form of fatal blood clots.”

“It is currently not possible to conclude whether there is a connection,” he added. “We acted early, it needs to be thoroughly investigated.”

A total of just over 142,000 people in Denmark, which has a population of about six million, have been injected with the vaccine produced by AstraZeneca, a British-Swedish company.

Read More.

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

My dad got shot a doses from the same slot. I'm praying there's nothing related but it is a bit too random to be completely disconnected. 

They withdrew it in many European countries now. 

My mom used to work for AstraZeneca, she was named circle of excellence in 2001. But its a shame they are just triying to get healthy but they are getting blood clots. My mom also got the first does of vaccine but not the AstraZeneca one, she got the monderna one. Lets just pray that they will be ok if they got the AstraZeneca shot