Which song would you choose to introduce somebody to Gaga

dafniye

First impression is really a huge factor. You want to make it last and the other person to be completely hooked. 

Which song would you choose to introduce a friend or a stranger to Lady Gaga? 

For me, I first try to make an understanding of their music type, and then I either tell them to listen to Million Reasons or Bad Romance

In my opinion Always Remember Us This Way is her most likeable song. Everyone I have introduced this song to loved it from the first listen. Some other songs I usually recommend are: Million Reasons, Shallow, The Cure, Sour Candy.

Edited by chimera2.0

It really depends on the person you want to introducing her. If the like ballad or rock or pop or jazz.  The answer is not your favourite song but what is the style of music they like lol. For example I made a coworker listen to her duet with sting , king of pain, because this guy like money for nothing from the dire straits for example where sting sing on it and he loved it

Edited by Adeline
  • Love 1

i feel like 'bad romance' would be a nice first impression, because it's catchy, unique, has a great music video, the lyrics are art, it shows that she can sing and it's relatable. 

but like everyone says, it would depend on the person and she's such a versatile artist that it's difficult to show her full spectrum with just one song! it would also depend on what you'd like to show: ARTPOP would be one of her most creative songs, while 'I'll never love again' would focus more on her vocal capacities. :tricon:

• ★ Moderator

I feel like alot of people know Bad Romance, Poker Face and Shallow so i would suggest them to stream TFM, it has all the classics so i think its easily digestable for anyone wanting to get into gaga. Its worked so far 😹.

Like @Adeline wrote, it depends on the person, but luckily Gaga has something to offer for almost everyone.

But I often hear from pop-haters, that they think everyone who makes pop is superficial, manufactured and not talented. To those people I would recommend "Born This Way Acapella from the HBO Special" and "Swine at SXSW". These Video should prove them wrong^^ :hot:

• Love 2

• ★ Senior Moderator

I think I’m going to pick a song from each album... I’ll avoid very popular songs. 

TF: Paparazzi 

TFM: Alejandro 

BTW: Marry The Night 

AP: DWUW (feat Xtina of course)

CTC: Anything Goes 

Joanne: Joanne 

ASIB: Heal Me 

C: Replay 

If I have to pick one from all of these songs, I’ll choose: Alejandro. 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

On 3/1/2021 at 7:52 PM, tony said:

I think I’m going to pick a song from each album... I’ll avoid very popular songs. 

TF: Paparazzi 

TFM: Alejandro 

BTW: Marry The Night 

AP: DWUW (feat Xtina of course)

CTC: Anything Goes 

Joanne: Joanne 

ASIB: Heal Me 

C: Replay 

If I have to pick one from all of these songs, I’ll choose: Alejandro. 

Same here, they are all good songs but i would say i would start introducing them on replay and then go on to Alejandro

• Love 1

Seany Gaga

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 6:28 AM, Verus Turbo said:

Like @Adeline wrote, it depends on the person, but luckily Gaga has something to offer for almost everyone.

But I often hear from pop-haters, that they think everyone who makes pop is superficial, manufactured and not talented. To those people I would recommend "Born This Way Acapella from the HBO Special" and "Swine at SXSW". These Video should prove them wrong^^ :hot:

I, too, might start on her live performances, probably Dope & DWUW at Alan Carr. Also, John Wayne, Angel Down, and Grigio Girls on her Dive Bar, simply to introduce her fantastic length and musicality (bcs maybe people know her best from the hits such as Bad Romance, Poker Face, Shallow, and God know we love all that too).

• Love 1

• ★ Moderator
On 2/28/2021 at 4:12 PM, dafniye said:

First impression is really a huge factor. You want to make it last and the other person to be completely hooked. 

Which song would you choose to introduce a friend or a stranger to Lady Gaga? 

For me, I first try to make an understanding of their music type, and then I either tell them to listen to Million Reasons or Bad Romance

for some reason locals love Million Reasons, i mean we do too but they suck that song up. I love it.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, like the snake i am i would know this person well and know how to get them to.  I would take in all of their Listening data and then make choices. What i would do before hand is play her in the background at all times :fun:

• 2 weeks later...

Hm. That's a tough choice. I'd happily say Monster or Teeth cause, like, idk I like the more obscene ones although I'm a minor lol. But yeah overall I think these are best songs to get someone hooked on Gaga cause not only are they catchy but they also lean more towards the dark pop genre and I miss her dark pop days. RIP hahah

• Love 1