Jump to content

Which song would you choose to introduce somebody to Gaga


Recommended Posts

First impression is really a huge factor. You want to make it last and the other person to be completely hooked. 

Which song would you choose to introduce a friend or a stranger to Lady Gaga? 

For me, I first try to make an understanding of their music type, and then I either tell them to listen to Million Reasons or Bad Romance

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion Always Remember Us This Way is her most likeable song. Everyone I have introduced this song to loved it from the first listen. Some other songs I usually recommend are: Million Reasons, Shallow, The Cure, Sour Candy.

Edited by chimera2.0
Link to post
Share on other sites

It really depends on the person you want to introducing her. If the like ballad or rock or pop or jazz.  The answer is not your favourite song but what is the style of music they like lol. For example I made a coworker listen to her duet with sting , king of pain, because this guy like money for nothing from the dire straits for example where sting sing on it and he loved it

Edited by Adeline
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel like 'bad romance' would be a nice first impression, because it's catchy, unique, has a great music video, the lyrics are art, it shows that she can sing and it's relatable. 

but like everyone says, it would depend on the person and she's such a versatile artist that it's difficult to show her full spectrum with just one song! it would also depend on what you'd like to show: ARTPOP would be one of her most creative songs, while 'I'll never love again' would focus more on her vocal capacities. :tricon:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ★ Moderator

I feel like alot of people know Bad Romance, Poker Face and Shallow so i would suggest them to stream TFM, it has all the classics so i think its easily digestable for anyone wanting to get into gaga. Its worked so far 😹.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Like @Adeline wrote, it depends on the person, but luckily Gaga has something to offer for almost everyone.

But I often hear from pop-haters, that they think everyone who makes pop is superficial, manufactured and not talented. To those people I would recommend "Born This Way Acapella from the HBO Special" and "Swine at SXSW". These Video should prove them wrong^^ :hot:

  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’m going to pick a song from each album... I’ll avoid very popular songs. 

TF: Paparazzi 

TFM: Alejandro 

BTW: Marry The Night 

AP: DWUW (feat Xtina of course)

CTC: Anything Goes 

Joanne: Joanne 

ASIB: Heal Me 

C: Replay 

 

If I have to pick one from all of these songs, I’ll choose: Alejandro. 

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 7:52 PM, tony said:

I think I’m going to pick a song from each album... I’ll avoid very popular songs. 

TF: Paparazzi 

TFM: Alejandro 

BTW: Marry The Night 

AP: DWUW (feat Xtina of course)

CTC: Anything Goes 

Joanne: Joanne 

ASIB: Heal Me 

C: Replay 

 

If I have to pick one from all of these songs, I’ll choose: Alejandro. 

Same here, they are all good songs but i would say i would start introducing them on replay and then go on to Alejandro

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 6:28 AM, Verus Turbo said:

Like @Adeline wrote, it depends on the person, but luckily Gaga has something to offer for almost everyone.

But I often hear from pop-haters, that they think everyone who makes pop is superficial, manufactured and not talented. To those people I would recommend "Born This Way Acapella from the HBO Special" and "Swine at SXSW". These Video should prove them wrong^^ :hot:

I, too, might start on her live performances, probably Dope & DWUW at Alan Carr. Also, John Wayne, Angel Down, and Grigio Girls on her Dive Bar, simply to introduce her fantastic length and musicality (bcs maybe people know her best from the hits such as Bad Romance, Poker Face, Shallow, and God know we love all that too).

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ★ Moderator
On 2/28/2021 at 4:12 PM, dafniye said:

First impression is really a huge factor. You want to make it last and the other person to be completely hooked. 

Which song would you choose to introduce a friend or a stranger to Lady Gaga? 

For me, I first try to make an understanding of their music type, and then I either tell them to listen to Million Reasons or Bad Romance

for some reason locals love Million Reasons, i mean we do too but they suck that song up. I love it.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...