Experience with COVID-19

Gagas_artpoptech

1 minute ago, taygerm said:

absolutely. wash fruits very well so that they are clean. Hygiene is very important in the pandemic process.

At the beginning of the pandemic my brother was the only one going outside and he would bring home groceries. We would spray them first with a disinfectant (the one with packages) and then we would leave them out for sometime and then wash them. It was a lot of work but that's how we stayed safe. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Wash the groceries very carefully because covid can get attached to nonliving materials too. Sending you love and prayers ❤️

Just now, dafniye said:

At the beginning of the pandemic my brother was the only one going outside and he would bring home groceries. We would spray them first with a disinfectant (the one with packages) and then we would leave them out for sometime and then wash them. It was a lot of work but that's how we stayed safe. 

Yes after buying groceries my mom let them on a wardrobe for 72 hours.With vegetables and fruits she soak them with salt water for 3 minutes.

1 minute ago, chimera2.0 said:

Yes after buying groceries my mom let them on a wardrobe for 72 hours.With vegetables and fruits she soak them with salt water for 3 minutes.

That's good. Your mom sounds great! On top of the stress of your grandmother and caring for her she's also doing all this. Mothers are the best. 

2 minutes ago, taygerm said:

We did the same, but I went out. I used to wear 2 layers of masks when going out and follow the social distance rule. This process will be difficult for me if I get a virus. because I have asthma

Hopefully not. Have you been vaccinated yet? 

Just now, taygerm said:

no i didn't. although the vaccine is important for my health i guess i am afraid :(

Of the reactions to it? Yeah I am afraid of that too. But I guess it's for our best. 

3 minutes ago, dafniye said:

That's good. Your mom sounds great! On top of the stress of your grandmother and caring for her she's also doing all this. Mothers are the best. 

Hopefully not. Have you been vaccinated yet? 

Yes I love my mom very much. She takes care of my grandmother so well with every single activities of her. My grandmother can't recognize anyone now but thanks God her physical health is still ok.  

10 minutes ago, taygerm said:

We did the same, but I went out. I used to wear 2 layers of masks when going out and follow the social distance rule. This process will be difficult for me if I get a virus. because I have asthma

Yes the virus is so much more dangerous to asthma patient. Are you having opportunity to get vaccination any time soon?

1 minute ago, chimera2.0 said:

Yes I love my mom very much. She takes care of my grandmother so well with every single activities of her. My grandmother can't recognize anyone now but thanks God her physical health is still ok.  

Yes the virus is so much more dangerous to asthma patient. Are you having opportunity to get vaccination any time soon?

A strong mother can put a strong child out in the world. I'm so thankful for mine. 

My experience with COVID 19 is not that much but my mom almost got it and almost spread it to me in April of 2020. In early April she had learned that her good friend got COVID, my mom was around her at a business meeting in early March and they sat right next to each other (to note they also hugged) so she was at risk. At first my mom through she got it from the business meeting in the hospital (it was in the hospital because she is a pharma rep) but the truth is, it’s late February of 2021 and they still don’t know if she got it from the hospital or a trip she took in the D.R. But my mom did not get it, she got tested and her results were COVID negative. I still don’t know how she did not get it but I think her blood type O+ had something to do with it. Her friend was very sick, she had to say in the upstairs of her house so her son daughter and husband don’t get sick and that’s the whole story.

Seany Gaga

• ★ Senior Moderator

My experience with COVID was awful. First my dad’s cousin got it, and she died a couple of days later and it was shocking. 
But my grandparents got it 15 days ago, and it was hard and devastating. 

My grandmother recovered faster and showed a little bit of symptoms, she healed fast. But my grandfather got worse. He died last Thursday at 12:35pm by pneumonia caused by the virus. Those days were hard for all of our family. My mom is devastated, and so am I. I was traveling with her every day, and she stayed there as well. I didn’t go to the hospital because of my dad, I don’t want him to get it. 

When we got the news I was strong, but I was dying inside. My mom was so sad and couldn’t stop crying. 

• WOW 1

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I hope you're feeling fine! ❤️

I am writing you this because I have been having Covid for the last 4 weeks now. Me and my parents are stuck at home since the end of March cause we all have it. I had symptoms the first week/10 days, but now I feel fine, and my parents as well. Fortunately I have their company and they have mine.

It's been a really weird, anxious month, especially at the beginning, since I was most worried about them, because they are in their 60s.
We tried to spend it in the best way possible. We spent Easter, my birthday, and my mom's birthday together, that were all in April, but at least we had each other.
I am so grateful we are all fine now, and I know that there are so many people who are not, and are struggling because of this horrible virus. So I have to consider myself and my family lucky for this.

Despite this, we are mentally and psychologically tired, and I can see that in my parents as well. 
Both me and my parents are taking covid tests every week, and even if we feel fine in terms of symptoms, we are still positive. It's like a never ending cycle. You feel physically good, but at the same time you know you have this virus inside you, that doesn't want to leave your body, and it's really frustrating cause there's nothing you can do but just wait...

This last month I really realized how some less fortunate people really feel, and I became somehow more attached to them, in my thoughts. Not only people who have covid, but also people who have serious and chronic diseases, or people who are terminally-ill... And I have this feeling I would like to do something for them, but I can't because of the pandemic.
When I look outside the window and see all the colorful trees, and the sunny sky, I feel good and a bit nostalgic at the same time, because I cannot go outside.
Despite this, I know that I will be able to do it soon, while many people can't....

I know this is gonna be over, even though it's taking a long time....but I will always be grateful for this.

If that happened to you as well, how did you manage the situation? Have you had covid and for how long?

• Love 1

37 minutes ago, Erosadams said:

I haven’t had it but I got the vaccine next week because I’m starting volunteering at a retirement home.

That's so nice of you ❤️

I wish I could get the vaccine too, but where I live they are giving the vaccine to people who are over 70. They are pretty slow...
I wish I'll get it before August at least.

• Love 2

It will get over soon, don't give up. You and your parents will be fine and healthy ❤️

I personally haven't got it yet, and I'm currently applying for a vaccine (but it's hard to get mainly because I'm under 18), I don't go out much unless it's a necessity, 3 people in my home do though but luckily enough we haven't contacted it, and I hope it stays that way

• ★ Senior Moderator

In Honduras we are still waiting for the vaccine. But it never comes. Some people are traveling to the USA to get vaccinated. It’s a shame that the rest of Central America are already vaccinating their people, but in my country they only vaccinated doctors and nurses. 

• WOW 1

7 hours ago, dafniye said:

It will get over soon, don't give up. You and your parents will be fine and healthy ❤️

Thanks ❤️
I know, we are just very frustrated and extremely bored...

It's really a shame that they are going so slow with the vaccines. 
And I can't think about the fact that in some countries they don't have the vaccine at all 😭

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Giulia Monster said:

Thanks ❤️
I know, we are just very frustrated and extremely bored...

It's really a shame that they are going so slow with the vaccines. 
And I can't think about the fact that in some countries they don't have the vaccine at all 😭

Exactly. I went today too and wasn't given the vaccine. The underdeveloped and underdeveloping countries should have access to it too. I can't imagine how many recorded and unrecorded people have died there. 

Dealing with quarantine is something new to all of us. I’ve never been so scared to go outside and interact in my life. I’m so scared of getting sick, I fear for everyone that goes outside and exposes themselves, especially the ones who don’t believe in wearing masks. I just want this pandemic to be over, I want to stop feeling fear. Anyone relate?

11 hours ago, MaulJHolland said:

Dealing with quarantine is something new to all of us. I’ve never been so scared to go outside and interact in my life. I’m so scared of getting sick, I fear for everyone that goes outside and exposes themselves, especially the ones who don’t believe in wearing masks. I just want this pandemic to be over, I want to stop feeling fear. Anyone relate?

Same!!! I’m not afraid to go out. But the last time I saw my friends in person was on Halloween 😭 we had dinner together so we took our masks off to eat, and I had this feeling of anxiety and scare.

That happens all the time, and I hate to have that feeling and being scared to be around people, or being scared to touch something. If we wears masks that’s ok, but if I get too close to someone I feel anxious, even while wearing a mask. It’s such a weird feeling, because being around people and hugging each other is something that comes so natural, and I hate the fact that now we are scared to do so. It’s like being scared about getting too close to someone you love and it’s weird...

• ★ Senior Moderator
15 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

Same!!! I’m not afraid to go out. But the last time I saw my friends in person was on Halloween 😭 we had dinner together so we took our masks off to eat, and I had this feeling of anxiety and scare.

That happens all the time, and I hate to have that feeling and being scared to be around people, or being scared to touch something. If we wears masks that’s ok, but if I get too close to someone I feel anxious, even while wearing a mask. It’s such a weird feeling, because being around people and hugging each other is something that comes so natural, and I hate the fact that now we are scared to do so. It’s like being scared about getting too close to someone you love and it’s weird...

I get scared too. But I always carry alcohol and disinfectant. Even in the gym I always wash my hands and clean the areas I used for working out. 

2 minutes ago, tony said:

I get scared too. But I always carry alcohol and disinfectant. Even in the gym I always wash my hands and clean the areas I used for working out. 

I do that too! I always have one in my pursue when I go out. Even if I haven't gone out in over a month now, only to take covid tests 😩

Gyms are still closed here, but I did the same back in fall when I used to go to the gym.

• ★ Senior Moderator
8 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

I do that too! I always have one in my pursue when I go out. Even if I haven't gone out in over a month now, only to take covid tests 😩

Gyms are still closed here, but I did the same back in fall when I used to go to the gym.

Keep protecting yourself it’s so important to do so. And even though after you have vaccinated. I’ve took a COVID test 15 days after my grandfather died, and that test is horrible, I left the laboratory in tears because of my nose. But my test was negative after all. 

Just now, tony said:

Keep protecting yourself it’s so important to do so. And even though after you have vaccinated. I’ve took a COVID test 15 days after my grandfather died, and that test is horrible, I left the laboratory in tears because of my nose. But my test was negative after all. 

That's great!!!
Yes the test is horrible, the first time I got it my nose bled 🤦🏻‍♀️ I did covid tests about 3-4 times, I'll do another one in a few days, I hope to be negative this time 😩

• ★ Senior Moderator
4 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

That's great!!!
Yes the test is horrible, the first time I got it my nose bled 🤦🏻‍♀️ I did covid tests about 3-4 times, I'll do another one in a few days, I hope to be negative this time 😩

I have to do a new test next month. And your test will be negative. Don’t worry:kiss: