Eating disorder and Body dysmorphia

dafniye

I used to be very confident as a child, but I started having body issues around the age of 14.

I try to limit my meals a lot, going to the extremes of crash diets of eating only a certain product for 5-7 days straight which makes me lose weight obviously.

My BMI is normal for my height, which is about 19.2. A normal BMI is supposed to be at 18-24 btw.

I know that I am not fat, yet I can't help but feel disgusted and ashamed every time I see myself in the mirror. I sometimes eat and drink nothing but a glass of milk the whole day, and then the next day I might find myself binge eating. 

It's so exhausting to live like this tbh, I appear so confident and body positive to others, yet all I feel is negativity when I look at myself. 

My family tries to make me eat all the time. Eat this for me, eat that and then we can do you favorite thing and this and that, but I can't help myself with it. 

Any tips on how I can overcome this? 

1 minute ago, taygerm said:

I don't know because I have this problem too. I'm ashamed of my weight and I can't look at myself in the mirror :(

I'm so sorry.

I want to find out where these issues stem from, because I had never been this ashamed before nor did anyone shame me as a child. 

21 minutes ago, chimera2.0 said:

I don't feel ashamed of my body but I don't like it either. I rarely look in the mirror.

I sometimes feel good about my body, and then there are days where I want to vomit all that I ate. 

Just now, dafniye said:

I sometimes feel good about my body, and then there are days where I want to vomit all that I ate. 

My problem is that I'm too skinny. There are days I eat everything and other days I barely eat anything. I want to gain way but struggle to do that.

Just now, chimera2.0 said:

My problem is that I'm too skinny. There are days I eat everything and other days I barely eat anything. I want to gain way but struggle to do that.

Have you looked for a consistent diet? I read somewhere that the portion control diet is good for gaining weight as well as losing weight. It includes each and everything from every portion and gives you the proper nutrients too. 

7 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Have you looked for a consistent diet? I read somewhere that the portion control diet is good for gaining weight as well as losing weight. It includes each and everything from every portion and gives you the proper nutrients too. 

I've never looking for one but surely I'll take a look at it. Thank you!

I've never looking for one but surely I'll take a look at it. Thank you!

You're welcome.

I have considered starting it too but it has so too many portions, I know I will lose control if I eat that much food three times a day, so it keeps putting me off. 

2 minutes ago, dafniye said:

You're welcome.

I have considered starting it too but it has so too many portions, I know I will lose control if I eat that much food three times a day, so it keeps putting me off. 

Surely it'll be tough so good luck to both of us.

I sometimes feel the same but then I'm always thinking, God gave me a body and makes it so I have a meal everyday so I always try yo be grateful even tho I hate my body sm.

8 minutes ago, chimera2.0 said:

It's a terrible and very difficult to get through. But I'm trying my best to accept and start to love myself.

Same. I wish I could be more muscled tho cuz im too skinny imo and its at a point where its ugly and not attractive 

10 minutes ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

I sometimes feel the same but then I'm always thinking, God gave me a body and makes it so I have a meal everyday so I always try yo be grateful even tho I hate my body sm.

Same. I wish I could be more muscled tho cuz im too skinny imo and its at a point where its ugly and not attractive 

I understand. My biggest problem is that I eat a lot but not a wide variety of food because there are so many kind of food that I dislike.

I understand. My biggest problem is that I eat a lot but not a wide variety of food because there are so many kind of food that I dislike.

You should try to incorporate food you dislike in a food you like without having the taste of the food you dislike 

5 minutes ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

You should try to incorporate food you dislike in a food you like without having the taste of the food you dislike 

Yes. I usually try different cooking method to cook them but I'm very sensitive to their smell so I can only eat very few.

1 minute ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

Oww idk what you can do else for it tbh. I hope you'll find a solution soon

Thank you. I've been looking for flavor and seasonings that can be used with a large amount without harm but not succeed yet.

12 minutes ago, taygerm said:

I wish I could feel good too

You can try to improve your physical being by drink water or do excessive. These can also boost your mood.Remember to have enoug of sleep is important too.

4 hours ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

Same my body shape is weird to me sometimes I hate it 

Me too. I sometime think about the lyrics of Born This Way and then feel bad about being ashamed of myself. Then the feelings come back. Then I try to be thankful to God for giving me all working physical parts and making me healthy, but then the feelings come back again. It's a constant cycle of love and hate. 

3 hours ago, chimera2.0 said:

Yes. I usually try different cooking method to cook them but I'm very sensitive to their smell so I can only eat very few.

I'm so sorry. That can be so hard. I'm not that much of a picky eater. I hope it gets better with you ❤️

54 minutes ago, taygerm said:

I wish I could feel good too

The days I feel good are when I've been working out or eating healthy. That's the only time I feel good and I feel like I'm going towards improvement.