Abandonment issues

I have huge abandonment issues, and the source is mainly my childhood. 

How do you cope with them? I feel like everyone; my family, my best friend, my other friends are going to leave me one day. Or that the love and affection they show is just for show and tell and a facade.

How do I stop thinking so negatively. I have this nagging thought in my mind that everybody will leave me one day and that in the near future I will be alone. 

• Love 1
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That would be a huge help as I have always wanted to know why he is the way he is. Thanks for the input! ❤️

I have huge abandonment issues, and the source is mainly my childhood.  How do you cope with them? I feel like everyone; my family, my best friend, my other friends are going to leave me one day. Or that the love and affection they show is just for show and tell and a facade. How do I stop thinking so negatively. I have this nagging thought in my mind that everybody will leave me one day and that in the near future I will be alone. 

Thank you. I have found that talking about my problems here gives me quite a relief, so I'm quite happy ❤️   Today and always ❤️

Posted Images

You are so young! You shouldn't think that way. Do you know how many people will come into your life?? Some will stay and some will leave. But for sure you will never end up alone 🤍 don't live with this fear, it is normal to have people in your life that will stay and others that will just pass and leave something for you to build the person you will be. Work on acceptance, it will help you 💪🏼

3 minutes ago, gia said:

You are so young! You shouldn't think that way. Do you know how many people will come into your life?? Some will stay and some will leave. But for sure you will never end up alone 🤍 don't live with this fear, it is normal to have people in your life that will stay and others that will just pass and leave something for you to build the person you will be. Work on acceptance, it will help you 💪🏼

It's sort of embedded in me that everyone will leave, no matter blood or not. It's kinda crazy and I'm always thinking about this. I have tried not to, but then when I'm having a manic episode it always comes back to me. 

I'll try to work on that. Thank you 💕

I know exactly the feeling... 

But bot with my family I know they gonna be always around. But with friends I feel the same.  For me its because I have been disappointed and betrayed so much by people. I never had chance with people that why today I'm really isolated , unfortunately I give up on having real friends or having a girlfriend   I rather be alone than to be hurt again but I'm a wrong example lol

1 minute ago, Adeline said:

I know exactly the feeling... 

But bot with my family I know they gonna be always around. But with friends I feel the same.  For me its because I have been disappointed and betrayed so much by people. I never had chance with people that why today I'm really isolated , unfortunately I give up on having real friends or having a girlfriend   I rather be alone than to be hurt again but I'm a wrong example lol

I feel you. I would rather not try at all then be disappointed in the end when I could have saved myself the trouble in the first place.

My issues root from my parents, mostly my dad. Half of my issues are because of him. 

1 minute ago, chimera2.0 said:

Have you tried speak to a doctor or mental health professional?

Ahhh therapy. 

I unfortunately can't get therapy at the moment. I'm waiting until I have my own job and move out to get therapy.

My therapy right now is dyeing my hair and bleaching my brows 😭

4 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Ahhh therapy. 

I unfortunately can't get therapy at the moment. I'm waiting until I have my own job and move out to get therapy.

My therapy right now is dyeing my hair and bleaching my brows 😭

I'm very sorry to hear that. So in the meantime try to take care of yourself, including your emotions.If you need any help we're all here!

2 minutes ago, chimera2.0 said:

I'm very sorry to hear that. So in the meantime try to take care of yourself, including your emotions.If you need any help we're all here!

Thank you. I have found that talking about my problems here gives me quite a relief, so I'm quite happy ❤️

1 minute ago, taygerm said:

Yes, we are all here! We're family Little Monsters!!!!:cheering:

Today and always ❤️

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dafniye said:

Thank you. I have found that talking about my problems here gives me quite a relief, so I'm quite happy ❤️

Today and always ❤️

Feel free to express and share with us :kiss:

1 hour ago, dafniye said:

I have huge abandonment issues, and the source is mainly my childhood. 

How do you cope with them? I feel like everyone; my family, my best friend, my other friends are going to leave me one day. Or that the love and affection they show is just for show and tell and a facade.

How do I stop thinking so negatively. I have this nagging thought in my mind that everybody will leave me one day and that in the near future I will be alone. 

Noooo i’m so sorry to hear that :(( 

Im sure everything will be ok! Is there anybody you can trust to talk to about this like a friend or family member? Maybe they can help you get professional help if you need it

Just now, Judas said:

Noooo i’m so sorry to hear that :(( 

Im sure everything will be ok! Is there anybody you can trust to talk to about this like a friend or family member? Maybe they can help you get professional help if you need it

If I talked to my parents about this they'll probably laugh or call me insane. My sisters though, I think to an extent they would understand, but I'm very embarrassed and ashamed to talk about it. I don't want to be labeled as a wannabe teenager by them. 

1 hour ago, dafniye said:

I feel you. I would rather not try at all then be disappointed in the end when I could have saved myself the trouble in the first place.

My issues root from my parents, mostly my dad. Half of my issues are because of him. 

I had a lot of issues with my father too. I couldn't stand him until I went to therapy.  I didn't went for that but talking about my childhood made me understand certain things and eventually made our relationship better. 

Just now, dafniye said:

If I talked to my parents about this they'll probably laugh or call me insane. My sisters though, I think to an extent they would understand, but I'm very embarrassed and ashamed to talk about it. I don't want to be labeled as a wannabe teenager by them. 

Don’t be embarrassed!! Mental Health is nothing to be embarrassed about. You cant keep it bottled in, you should try talk to your sister if you think she would understand 

1 minute ago, Adeline said:

I had a lot of issues with my father too. I couldn't stand him until I went to therapy.  I didn't went for that but talking about my childhood made me understand certain things and eventually made our relationship better. 

I still can't stand mine and he's trying to mend the relationship too. Seems like you and me have a lot in common lol

I'm glad your relationship is better with him now tho. 

2 minutes ago, Judas said:

Don’t be embarrassed!! Mental Health is nothing to be embarrassed about. You cant keep it bottled in, you should try talk to your sister if you think she would understand 

I had found this therapist online last month, and their charges weren't that expensive either. I had some money back then and thought about talking to my sister, but then I chickened out and used the money recently on my cat's surgery. Now I don't have the money nor the courage. 

I'm just honestly waiting for highschool to finish so I can work on my own and bear my own expenses. 

Just now, taygerm said:

Please talk to your sisters, don't be ashamed, they are your sisters. I'm sure they will help you

I'll try to do it. Thank you for your encouragement, it really means a lot. 

2 minutes ago, dafniye said:

I'm still not sure about it but thank you love 🥺❤️

That’s ok 💗💗 Take your time and only do what you’re comfortable with ! 🤍

1 minute ago, Judas said:

That’s ok 💗💗 Take your time and only do what you’re comfortable with ! 🤍

I will thank you. All of your words of encouragement mean a lot to me and makes me feel supported. 

2 minutes ago, dafniye said:

I will thank you. All of your words of encouragement mean a lot to me and makes me feel supported. 

If you’re ever struggling remember all the little monsters who are here to support you always!

1 minute ago, Judas said:

If you’re ever struggling remember all the little monsters who are here to support you always!

You're all so sweet. I'm here for each and every one of you too. 

Just have to remember that when my mind is sabotaging me. 

9 minutes ago, dafniye said:

You're all so sweet. I'm here for each and every one of you too. 

Just have to remember that when my mind is sabotaging me. 

Stay strong! 💗