Gaga's speaking voice throughout the years

Hi everyone!

I was thinking about how Gaga's speaking voice has changed throughout the years and I found the perfect video on you tube.

She had a sort of baby voice in 2008 and 2009 and it SUDDENLY changed in 2010. I have always wondered how it changed that fast, it's not like she was 15 and she changed her voice when she was 20, she was already in her 20s. 

What do you guys think? 😊

• Love 1
  • ★ Administrator

Please, make this a constructive discussion.

Anyways, I feel like her voice changed from her vocal training. From her cute one from The Fame (she was barely 22), to the deep one in ARTPOP. Then she changed it again for through Cheek to cheek and Joanne, and found her new range with ASIB and Chromatica.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I think her baby voice like you said was because she was also insecure at first,  because if you look to her very first interviews she had a strong voice . She played a role sometimes too. When the BTW era arrived,  I guess she was smoking a lot too, she said that she was smoking a lot , it could've altered her voice a bit. I really think her voice change because of her confidence or not . In the artpop era she was high or playing high lol and with the Joanne era she was raw because she had digging deep in herself she was also very tired and affected by her pain.  

In my opinion her voice changing is connecting to her spirit at the moment.  I hope I've express myself well lol 

Edited by Adeline
  • Love 3

I think she just grew up. I know many girls whose voice changed in their twenties. I think my voice has a bit changed over the last year too 🤔😂 

Maybe @Matt is right and it's related with her vocal training but in my opinion it was just her voice becoming more mature :work: 

7 minutes ago, Adeline said:

I think her baby voice like you said was because she was also insecure at first,  because if you look to her very first interviews she had a strong voice . She played a role sometimes too. When the BTW era arrived,  I guess she was smoking a lot too, she said that she was smoking a lot , it could've altered her voice a bit. I really think her voice change because of her confidence or not . In the artpop era she was high or playing high lol and with the Joanne era she was raw because she had digging deep in herself she was also very tired and affected by her pain.  

In my opinion her voice changing is connecting to her spirit at the moment.  I hope I've express myself well lol 

You are probably right. I was thinking about the smoking too! 

20 minutes ago, gia said:

I think she just grew up. I know many girls whose voice changed in their twenties. I think my voice has a bit changed over the last year too 🤔😂 

Maybe @Matt is right and it's related with her vocal training but in my opinion it was just her voice becoming more mature :work: 

I don't know anybody who's voice has changed, or maybe I didn't really notice it 😅 I wish my voice would change, I don't like it 🤣

Matt is probably right, I didn't even thought about it. Maybe her speaking voice changes more quickly because she always train it to sing. While our voice changes less quickly.

22 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

Matt is probably right, I didn't even thought about it. Maybe her speaking voice changes more quickly because she always train it to sing. While our voice changes less quickly.

She also worked to sound diferent,  it might be intentional. 

In BTW she was kind of aggressive for example.  Now that I think about it, everything changed with every era.  The music, the themes, her style,  her attitude,  her state of mind ,her message,  I suppose the voice too had a role to play in every era , the way she wanted to be heard and her voice to matches the feeling for her and for us,  consciously or not. 

Like at first she was cute and a little shy talking, her outfits were soft,  and she started to be stronger with TFM and began " gaga " with her outfit with BTW she was more aggressive,  she was here to fight , artpop was the fun , the party she was in another planet  and her  voice was like she was drunk a lot lol ect ect

my point is her voice was a part of the rebirth and changes. I've babble a lot , sorry 🙄

Edited by Adeline
  • Love 2

I think her speaking voice often change like her singing voice.

Maybe because of the Era or the selfconfidence.

56 minutes ago, Adeline said:

She played a role sometimes too. When the BTW era arrived,  I guess she was smoking a lot too, she said that she was smoking a lot , it could've altered her voice a bit. 

I agree with you i never think about smoking but i'm sure if altered her voice. It so deep now

I think as time went on, she got to her natural voice and let go of that baby one. Baby gaga's voice seemed like it was a facade too to protect her. And then her eras play a huge part too. ARTPOP and then definitely Cheek to Cheek made her voice more matured. Plus she used to be a chain smoker too and that's also a way one's voice can deepen. 

Overall, I have always found her voice to be very, very therapeutic.