Sour Candy 🍬

Ray

3 minutes ago, nextlevelbilly said:

it’s hard to say... there’s a stan part of me that is saying “she’s teasing it, nicola is teasing it... it’s coming” but there’s a real part of me that knows gaga wouldn’t want to film a video separately from the girls, and Ice Cream with Selena was shot in two entirely different countries

Yes! Aside from her team teasing, the only reason I think Gaga MIGHT release a video is her new hair color. She changed her hair color when she was filming Stupid Love and 911... but then again it could just be for another Haus Labs shoot.

• WIG 1
  • TEA 1
  • ★ Moderator

Agreed, also maybe we can expect a dance cover by the girls. They usually do it to promote their singles. YG has a huge studio that they use to shoot live performances and its spectaclar. I wanna believe that the hair colour is related to SC but like you said it could be for a Haus Labs shoot.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, nextlevelbilly said:

but with that logic, she must’ve filmed a music video when she had the yellow / green hair for a couple weeks, which we did not. so idk. she’s very enigmatic rn, we don’t know if she’s secretly planning things or if she’s fully just doing nothing.spacer.pngspacer.png

I think this haircolour was there for the channel kindness book.

If I'm right, the "new colour=new video"-theory is busted. But colour can still hint to something ("more important" than a Hauslabs-product) coming.

I also think that the colour itself is always used in the object of the tease.

SL-video = pink, ROM-video = violet, channel kindness = book-cover-colours, 911-video = light blue, ??? = lavender blonde.

• 2 weeks later...

hii 

there’s been speculations for a while of the sour candy mv and the queen 💅🏻 herself teased it

do you think a mv release would be good rn or should she focus more on promoting the album and creating more of this era? i think whatever she’s doing and whatever we will get will be amazing 🤝

• Love 1
  • ★ Senior Moderator

I don’t expect a MV for the song. But at least a performance on The Concert livestream on YT. 

But if a MV happens, I think it would be taking place in Chromatica just like the lyric video, it would be awesome. 

and also we need physical releases from SC :sad2:

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

• 3 weeks later...

So, as most of us know, there's a lot of talk around a possible Sour Candy music video coming. Here are our clues so far:

- Gaga herself straight up quoted the lyrics on an Insta post, while her and her team used a lot of fairies emojis. The creators of the SC lyrics video did call the Monsters thingy "fairies"

- BLACKPINK's members and dancers posted several Insta stories with the song playing. 

- BLACKPINK are holding a livestream concert next Sunday (THE SHOW), so considering how recent the song is, the fact that the stories when posted during rehearsals, and how limited their catalog is, it's safe to say that the girl will perform it.

Now the question is: did Gaga film a performance to be integrated on THE SHOW? Did they film a whole music video? None of the above?

What do YOU think Monsters?

giphy.gif

• Love 2
  • Confused 1

I'm hopeless about the MV, but indeed I think it's Gaga teasing us things about the Chromatica Ball. We don't know NOTHING about that show, so I think if she makes the beggining of the tour in July, we're going to know a lot of things about the era (maybe)

• Confused 1

I personally have a hope that it is true that there is a video of sour candy. I'm Little Monster and Blink, there have been rumors about them for a long time, the girls and their team have also been seen teasing something about sour candy. 

However, it may not be the video, maybe it is a presentation or something related to it.

• TEA 1
  • Confused 1

I personnaly think the LEAST we can hope for is a BLACKPINK performance of the song. But as @godofchromaticasaid, her lavender hair MUST have been for something. So yeah, I'm not sure about a music video (I would LOVE too), but hopefully she pre-recorded her part of next sunday!

As for @notboxes, I like your optimism, but I for one HIGHLY doubt the tour is happening at all (and it's 1000% not happening in Paris at the very least, France government are doing the worst job possible handling the COVID), but even if it was, I doubt it she was teasing that. She clearly had biggest stuff to deal with atm! (even though I'm sure her team is buzzing to figure out how to handle things)

But who knows… They're so secretive with this era, it's quite impossible to know for sure before things are either announced or leaked :sleeping:
@spookylaia if it's the case, it's definitively happening next week, around BLACKPINK's live!

Edited by Leography
  • Confused 1
8 minutes ago, Leography said:

As for @notboxes, I like your optimism, but I for one HIGHLY doubt the tour is happening at all (and it's 1000% not happening in Paris at the very least, France government are doing the worst job possible handling the COVID), but even if it was, I doubt it she was teasing that. She clearly had biggest stuff to deal with atm! (even though I'm sure her team is buzzing to figure out how to handle things)

Maybe the tour isn't REALLY happening, but I really think that a virtual concert is happening

• Confused 1
Just now, Leography said:

It's still mad to me that she didn't do one already! But I really hope so too! 

She's with all the Gucci movie production and left us with the Oreo promotion, so I think that after all that, she will be ready for the Ball, and if the tour isn't really happening because we have more Covid infections and stuff, she will THEN make the virtual concert. The management making everyone hype without content, as usual :sip:

• TEA 1
  • Confused 1