Mediation (mantras, suggestions, help)

gia

Hello monsters!

How many of you meditate?

I thought we could help each other to improve our techniques and maybe encourage people that are still skeptical to try it! I was one of them, until I tried! Now I meditate, in some periods more regularly than in others, but I really enjoy it. I do Transcendental Meditation and I found it definitely boosts my mood.

I really enjoy doing it outdoor, especially when I'm in wild places like a forest, close to a waterfall or a river. I prefer "natural sounds" than recorded ones but sometimes (+ bonus you have that fresh breeze on your face 😍), especially if I'm in a non-completely-quiet place I do put my headphones on.

How did you guys start meditating? Is it part of your culture? Do you do it by yourself or with someone?

Do you listen to something while you do it? What are your mantras?

Do you have any tips you would like to share?

• Love 1

11 hours ago, gia said:

Hello monsters!

How many of you meditate?

I thought we could help each other to improve our techniques and maybe encourage people that are still skeptical to try it! I was one of them, until I tried! Now I meditate, in some periods more regularly than in others, but I really enjoy it. I do Transcendental Meditation and I found it definitely boosts my mood.

I really enjoy doing it outdoor, especially when I'm in wild places like a forest, close to a waterfall or a river. I prefer "natural sounds" than recorded ones but sometimes (+ bonus you have that fresh breeze on your face 😍), especially if I'm in a non-completely-quiet place I do put my headphones on.

How did you guys start meditating? Is it part of your culture? Do you do it by yourself or with someone?

Do you listen to something while you do it? What are your mantras?

Do you have any tips you would like to share?

I'm happy that meditation brings you so much .. Ther's a real positive energy in wild places  and i'm sure you are connected  with them ...I have been doing Reiki for years  now  and I'm meditating  every day ...I'm very interested by transcendental meditation but i  i have never done it and don't even know how lol.. Thank you for your post 

Like I said in another post, I tried to meditate using apps like Calm, but for some reason it doesn't work for me 😅 I feel like I'm just waisting my time, but I would like to find a way that would work for me.

How do you do it? Do you use any apps o you tube audios?? And how long do you meditate?

I've never tried doing it with apps. If I listen to something is to some natural sounds or some very relaxing music. You can find many on youtube but I like this one: 

I try to focus on my breath and not to allow my thoughts to go anywhere 

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

Like I said in another post, I tried to meditate using apps like Calm, but for some reason it doesn't work for me 😅 I feel like I'm just waisting my time, but I would like to find a way that would work for me.

How do you do it? Do you use any apps o you tube audios?? And how long do you meditate?

I have been meditating for a long time so i don't have these problems anymore..but i know what you mean ...if you're waiting  for something it won't happen ..you have to switch off   and not let your mind go anywhere ...it's hard at the beginning  but finally   you'll get it ..you can focus on the respiration... what i was doing was focusing on 2 fingers that you keep tight together  and when you release the pressure  your brain will remind you to keep them tight again ...and you won't think of something else ... you should try .. it works ..and bit by bit you won't need them anymore ... if you have a thought  let it go immediatly like if you were turning  over a page ..it's a queqtion of time don't give up ..i'm not using any applications or even you tube  for meditating ...but some voices who are reallu cool and soothing can help  if you let them guide you ..i don't know if  it's clear  maybe i didn't express  myself very well lol   but don't give up  Good luck Little Monster <3 

26 minutes ago, gia said:

I've never tried doing it with apps. If I listen to something is to some natural sounds or some very relaxing music. You can find many on youtube but I like this one: 

I try to focus on my breath and not to allow my thoughts to go anywhere 

Thank you so much Im gonna try it thank you :)

1 hour ago, dafniye said:

I'm a very impatient person by nature so meditation is a task in itself for me. Rather than making me relaxed, it makes me more tense 😅

Same 😂

2 hours ago, Marie-Noëlle said:

have been meditating for a long time so i don't have these problems anymore..but i know what you mean ...if you're waiting  for something it won't happen ..you have to switch off   and not let your mind go anywhere ...it's hard at the beginning  but finally   you'll get it ..you can focus on the respiration... what i was doing was focusing on 2 fingers that you keep tight together  and when you release the pressure  your brain will remind you to keep them tight again ...and you won't think of something else ... you should try .. it works ..and bit by bit you won't need them anymore ... if you have a thought  let it go immediatly like if you were turning  over a page ..it's a queqtion of time don't give up ..i'm not using any applications or even you tube  for meditating ...but some voices who are reallu cool and soothing can help  if you let them guide you ..i don't know if  it's clear  maybe i didn't express  myself very well lol   but don't give up  Good luck Little Monster <3

Thank you so much! I will try again, without giving up haha. But your explanation is very clear, I'll try with some relaxing music. It is hard not to get distracted, there's so much going on in my head 😅

Do you usually stay seated while you meditate?
I tried a few times laying in bed, but I think it was a mistake cause it just made me sleepy, but I feel like I'm not very comfortable seated since I stay a bit too rigid 🤦🏻‍♀️

5 hours ago, Giulia Monster said:

Do you usually stay seated while you meditate?

I tried a few times laying in bed, but I think it was a mistake cause it just made me sleepy, but I feel like I'm not very comfortable seated since I stay a bit too rigid 🤦🏻‍♀️

Sometimes I do it laying on the floor (imagine if somebody would come into my room and see me like that haha). I think it's normal to feel sleepy. If you do it properly you manage to relax deeply.

11 hours ago, Kaan Kaymaz said:

Some of yall maybe make fun of me but Kim Kardashian's mediation playlist really helps me. It available on her personal Spotify account if you wanna check.

haha I won't make fun of you! I laugh just because I really had NO idea that Kim Kardashian has a meditation playlist!!

On 2/19/2021 at 12:25 PM, dafniye said:

I'm a very impatient person by nature so meditation is a task in itself for me. Rather than making me relaxed, it makes me more tense 😅

This is what I was like at the start but trust me after a while I found it so helpful and relaxing. 

On 2/21/2021 at 1:00 PM, taygerm said:

I'll start meditation much soon... I think it will be good

Definitely do I love it

10 hours ago, Judas said:

This is what I was like at the start but trust me after a while I found it so helpful and relaxing. 

Definitely do I love it

I'll try to do it when I have some free time then. It sounds promising but I always give up. 

I think you need to give it a try. The first times it might seem awkward and you might wonder what you're doing with yourself haha. But if you are focussed on what you're doing it becomes very meaningful 

1 hour ago, gia said:

I think you need to give it a try. The first times it might seem awkward and you might wonder what you're doing with yourself haha. But if you are focussed on what you're doing it becomes very meaningful 

Yeah at first I found it really hard to concentrate and take seriously but it's actually really helpful to do!

2 hours ago, gia said:

I'll trust you all and do it. I don't see any harm, only a good outcome if it brings me peace. 

On 2/21/2021 at 10:09 AM, Kaan Kaymaz said:

Some of yall maybe make fun of me but Kim Kardashian's mediation playlist really helps me. It available on her personal Spotify account if you wanna check.

Thanks for the suggestion 🤍🤍

Also if you don't know what to do during the meditation, there are guided meditations for free on YouTube, just search "guided meditation". They guide you through the breathing and thought process. Hope this helps :)

A8546074-B0A2-4141-A62D-BB9ED39B709A.jpeg