Joanne Discussion

Hey monsters! 

What are your thoughts about the album Joanne? I know many monsters don't really feel a strong connection to it...  :guitar: while it's the favourite of others. 

It is different but I really like it. Plus it gave us John Wayne music video 🤩 

Maybe it's the one I listen less often to... but I love the song Grigio Girls, it makes me think of my friends even when I'm far away from them 🥂 

What are your favourite songs of the album? And your favourite performances? 

• Love 1

I love the album ❤️   and Million Reasons is one of my favorite Gaga songs EVER 😍

I really love Diamond Heart, Dancin' in Circles, John Wayne and Sinner's Prayer.
Just Another Day is pretty underrated but it makes me so joyful, and I love Angel Down especially for the lyrics.

Many fans complained that she wasn't "Pop enough" or that she was "too normal", but I'm glad she did an album like that, because that was what she was feeling to do at that time.
I loved those looks and the pink cowboy hat, the album cover is also one of my favorites.
The Joanne World Tour was AMAZING! They really can't complain...

• Love 1

That's just amazing 😍 I like it more than the studio version!

I also really like this song and this performance:

I often dance to it :cheering:

• Love 1

It's not my favorite album but it's really good i love the meaning. The joanne era was complete with a lot of looks and performances. 

I love Perfect illusion, John Wayne and Dancing in circles.

The Joanne World tour was amazing , i love Her vocals.

• Love 1

My favourites are

Diamond's heart 

A-yo 

Dancing in circles 

John wayne

Perfect illusion 

I listen more often to the others bit it's a great album.  It was special for her it's the most important.  And she was really really sexy during that era, it's my personal opinion but she was my kind of woman style during that time 😍

20201021_204343.jpg

26 minutes ago, Adeline said:

My favourites are

Diamond's heart 

A-yo 

Dancing in circles 

John wayne

Perfect illusion 

I listen more often to the others bit it's a great album.  It was special for her it's the most important.  And she was really really sexy during that era, it's my personal opinion but she was my kind of woman style during that time 😍

20201021_204343.jpg

haha yeah let's talk about how hot she looks like! She's always beautiful but I get what you mean, I loved that style too! :cake:

1 minute ago, socruelsasha said:

i love this album so much

my fav songs are A-YO, Sinner’s Prayer, Angel Down, Grigio Girls

Finally someone who likes Grigio Girls! I love that song! 

• Love 1

Though I liked the album, I think it’s Gaga’s worst work so far. It’s still good, but I think the album could be better with a different type of production and a little better aesthetic. And it’s Gaga’s shortest album yet there are still couple songs that sound like filler tracks. Mark Ronson is very talented and I think if him and Gaga were the ONLY producers on the record, it would’ve been so much better. That’s my personal opinion.

3 minutes ago, taygerm said:

I don't think it's Gaga's worst work. It was different from her kind and therefore most people didin't like Joanne. 

That’s not the reason I think it’s her worst work. Actually I like the style she was going for with Joanne more than her other album concepts yet the songs on Joanne were not as polished as her other songs. If what you are saying were true then people would not like A Star Is Born soundtrack either. It wasn’t what we were used to as well. But people liked it because the production is better and songs don’t sound like fillers. Also, recording of Joanne (the title track) did not perform as good as the Piano Version which was recorded a year later with a better production and different vocals. The only song that won a Grammy from Joanne was the one that wasn’t included in the production of the album. These are not my opinions, these are facts.