Jump to content

Ava Max Discussion


Recommended Posts

Ava Max has been in the music market for a short time. However, she already has several hits to her credit that are played over and over again on radio stations (at least the ones I'm familiar with). These include Sweet But Psycho, Kings & Queens, Salt, So Am I, among others.

Her look has been repeatedly compared to Gaga's. What do you guys think? Do you like her? Do you listen to her music? Maybe you have never even heard of her?

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ★ Administrator

I love that Ava managed to brign back 2010's music. But I also can't wait for her to evolve into something else, the girl has talent and an amazing voice.

  • Love 1
  • TEA 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Loloreanne said:

 

I don't think she looks like gaga i don't know why people say thaz

I'm with you she doesn't look like Gaga.

But I think the general public tend to compare people to another. Especially as an easy topic for an "lazy" interview. "Oh, she is tiny, blonde and sings pop, just like Gaga."

I liked Ava the first time I listend to one of her songs and now she is my third favorite musician.

She has a beautiful voice, constantly good songs, she works to get better and seem like a nice person.

Oh, and she's hot :bite:

My favorite song of her is "OMG what's happening" and yours?

  • TEA 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Matt said:

I love that Ava managed to brign back 2010's music. But I also can't wait for her to evolve into something else, the girl has talent and an amazing voice.

I have mixed feelings about all these samples in her songs, to be honest. I mean in the short run it's very cool, the songs are catchy, they sound good. But I'm curious to see what she will show when she stops using them. What will her music be like when it doesn't have the familiar and well-loved sounds in it. What idea will she have for herself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ★ Moderator
30 minutes ago, devillenter said:

I have mixed feelings about all these samples in her songs, to be honest. I mean in the short run it's very cool, the songs are catchy, they sound good. But I'm curious to see what she will show when she stops using them. What will her music be like when it doesn't have the familiar and well-loved sounds in it. What idea will she have for herself.

I didn't know she used many samples?? Kings & Queens reminds me of something but I don't know.

Anyway, sampling is pretty normal in the industry, Gaga has sampled a ton of songs and I love it, doing great samples is a hard job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, LittleMouse said:

I didn't know she used many samples?? Kings & Queens reminds me of something but I don't know.

This song features a sample of Bonnie Tyler's song - If You Were a Woman (And I Was a Man).

And I know samples are normal in music these days, but this is about her debut. I feel like she hasn't yet shown herself by drawing from well-known and universally loved songs. I like her work, but I associate it with DJs' refreshed versions of old hits that are often played on the radio. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's just how I feel about her music. Most of her singles are unquestionable bops.

If you're curious about Ava's samples, you can watch this 

Her latest song My Head & My Heart also features sample from the song Песенка.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2021 at 5:54 PM, Verus Turbo said:

I'm with you she doesn't look like Gaga.

But I think the general public tend to compare people to another. Especially as an easy topic for an "lazy" interview. "Oh, she is tiny, blonde and sings pop, just like Gaga."

I liked Ava the first time I listend to one of her songs and now she is my third favorite musician.

She has a beautiful voice, constantly good songs, she works to get better and seem like a nice person.

Oh, and she's hot :bite:

My favorite song of her is "OMG what's happening" and yours?

All of her songs are so good, my favorite is Who's laughing now and OMG what's happening is really good

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Ava! Her album Heaven and Hell is skipless for me and her new song My Head and My Heart is really good. I cant wait to see what she brings next to the table

Link to post
Share on other sites

Avas releasing a MV for My Head and My Heart on friday!! I'm so excited because I love this song so much. She's also performing it on Jimmy fall on so there's a lot to look forward to this week from her💗💗

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 7:45 PM, devillenter said:

My favorite Ava’s song is probably Torn. It was the one my boyfriend sent to me when she blew up in Poland. Do you guys like it?

Torn is the best omg! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 2:45 AM, devillenter said:

My favorite Ava’s song is probably Torn. It was the one my boyfriend sent to me when she blew up in Poland. Do you guys like it?

I like it from the first listen. And then i introduced it to some of my friends, they didn't like the song at first but it's such a grower. After few listens it had grown on them. The same happened with her song Salt, I didn't like it until 5-6th listen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2021 at 10:36 AM, Loloreanne said:

All of her songs are so good, my favorite is Who's laughing now and OMG what's happening is really good

OMG what's happening is my favourite Ava Max song of all time

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Verus Turbo said:

Hey, maybe some of you didn't know that Ava have early music as "Amanda Kay".

I gonna leave this EP here :)

 

 

no way i didn’t know this

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Verus Turbo said:

Hey, maybe some of you didn't know that Ava have early music as "Amanda Kay".

I gonna leave this EP here :)

 

 

Yes I was so shocked when I discovered this. Don't know how old was she when this was released.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...