What are you currently reading?

Do you enjoy reading books?

Do you prefer paper books, electronic books, or perhaps audiobooks? Or do you not like to read at all?

What are you reading right now or what interesting book have you read recently?

• Love 1

I recently finished reading George R R Martin's A Storm of Swords. It was a brilliant fantasy book, the third part of A Song of Ice and Fire from which Game of Thrones is derived. I can highly recommend this series, there is always something going on and it is never boring. The number of characters is a bit overwhelming but thanks to that you can feel that you are reading a solid piece of literature.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, falajaga said:

I recently finished reading George R R Martin's A Storm of Swords. It was a brilliant fantasy book, the third part of A Song of Ice and Fire from which Game of Thrones is derived. I can highly recommend this series, there is always something going on and it is never boring. The number of characters is a bit overwhelming but thanks to that you can feel that you are reading a solid piece of literature.

Yes, I read this book some time ago. And I just stood on it in A Song of Ice and Fire lol I need to get around to reading the next book in the series soon, while I still remember all the events, and there was a lot going on. The book is much better than the series in my opinion.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, devillenter said:

Yes, I read this book some time ago. And I just stood on it in A Song of Ice and Fire lol I need to get around to reading the next book in the series soon, while I still remember all the events, and there was a lot going on. The book is much better than the series in my opinion.

Indeed! Martin writes in such a way that it's hard to tear yourself away from the story and the intrigues are so intricate that it would probably take me a lifetime to come up with something like this haha

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, falajaga said:

Indeed! Martin writes in such a way that it's hard to tear yourself away from the story and the intrigues are so intricate that it would probably take me a lifetime to come up with something like this haha

And did you read it in paperback or what? Because I actually like to have the book in my hand and then on the shelf, but it reads better as an ebook. And sometimes I look for audiobooks and listen to them to myself when I'm walking the dog or cleaning the house.

I've read just yesterday "Here The Whole Time" (Quinze Dias in its original langage). Here's the story;

"Felipe is fat. And he doesn't need anyone to remind him, which is, of course, what everyone does. That's why he's been waiting for summer: a break from school and the classmates who tease him incessantly. His plans include catching up on TV, finishing his TBR pile, and watching YouTube tutorials on skills he'll never actually put into practice.

But things get a little out of hand when Felipe's mom informs him that Caio, the neighbour kid from apartment 57, will be spending the next fifteen days with them while his parents are on vacation. Felipe is distraught because A) he's had a crush on Caio since, well, for ever, and B) Felipe has a list of body image insecurities and absolutely NO idea how he's going to entertain his neighbor for two full weeks.

Suddenly, the days ahead of him that once promised rest and relaxation (not to mention some epic Netflix bingeing) end up bringing a whirlwind of feelings, forcing Felipe to dive head-first into every unresolved issue he has had with himself - but maybe, just maybe, he'll manage to win over Caio, too.

A queer love story for anyone who's ever got into a pool with their shirt on."

It was the sweetest thing. Sure some things were cliché, but every thought of the main protagonist about being fat? I've had them. Hell, I often still do. I wish this book existed when I was younger!

71QW2cxE16L.jpg

• Love 1
  • ★ Moderator

I'm currently reading "Channel Kindness", which is really good. About a week or 2 ago, I ordered a paperback book called "My Mamma Mia Summer", by Annie Robertson,  and a hardback book called "Queen Meryl", by Erin Carlson, both from a website called Book Depository. "My Mamma Mia Summer" came in the post this morning, but I'm still waiting for "Queen Meryl" to arrive 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, devillenter said:

Do you enjoy reading books?

Do you prefer paper books, electronic books, or perhaps audiobooks? Or do you not like to read at all?

What are you reading right now or what interesting book have you read recently?

I really like to read. I think I might start ready Channel Kindness. 

7 hours ago, devillenter said:

I prefer paper books. But you know, sometimes it’s easier to find a digital book, it’s not good for your vision, but you can read any book on the go. 

I’ve never tried audiobooks. How are they?

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

3 hours ago, Leography said:

I've read just yesterday "Here The Whole Time" (Quinze Dias in its original langage). Here's the story;

"Felipe is fat. And he doesn't need anyone to remind him, which is, of course, what everyone does. That's why he's been waiting for summer: a break from school and the classmates who tease him incessantly. His plans include catching up on TV, finishing his TBR pile, and watching YouTube tutorials on skills he'll never actually put into practice.

But things get a little out of hand when Felipe's mom informs him that Caio, the neighbour kid from apartment 57, will be spending the next fifteen days with them while his parents are on vacation. Felipe is distraught because A) he's had a crush on Caio since, well, for ever, and B) Felipe has a list of body image insecurities and absolutely NO idea how he's going to entertain his neighbor for two full weeks.

Suddenly, the days ahead of him that once promised rest and relaxation (not to mention some epic Netflix bingeing) end up bringing a whirlwind of feelings, forcing Felipe to dive head-first into every unresolved issue he has had with himself - but maybe, just maybe, he'll manage to win over Caio, too.

A queer love story for anyone who's ever got into a pool with their shirt on."

It was the sweetest thing. Sure some things were cliché, but every thought of the main protagonist about being fat? I've had them. Hell, I often still do. I wish this book existed when I was younger!

71QW2cxE16L.jpg

The story seems very interesting! I think I'll pick up a similar morality tale once I've finished The Poppy War, a book about war in the Chinese provinces with magic and deities etc. 

1 hour ago, tony said:

I’ve never tried audiobooks. How are they?

When listening to an audiobook, it's a little harder to focus. At least I have trouble with that sometimes. Because when I'm listening to an audiobook I'm often doing some other stuff too - then I have to go back and listen again. It depends a lot on whether one person is reading or maybe more than one reader - then it sounds definitely better!

• Love 1

I prefer paper books. It's just a nice feeling to finish a book and put it on the shelf. Futhermore you can read them in the bathtub, especially when you buy cheap pre-owned books, like I like to do.

Currently I read The Talisman Of Power from Licia Troisi, the last book of the Chronicles Of The Emerged World - trilogy. She wrote 15 books in the same fantasy world and it's what you probably expect. Medieval fantasy with dragons, magic and stuff, but also with unique ideas and (what I like) a focus on the psyche of the protagonist.

I also hear audiobooks to fall asleep. In my younger years Harry Potter back to back. But nowadays I look an Youtube for "free" audiobooks and I like the ones from Stephen King the most. (My favorites: Misery, The Long Walk, The Running Man)

• Love 1

I prefer paper books more than anything else. I love the feeling of the paper and the smell of new books!!!

Unfortunately, I don't read as much as I would like to, but right now I'm reading The Perks Of Being a Wallflower (I liked the movie so I decided to read the book too) and I still have to finish the first Game of Thrones book.

On 2/15/2021 at 10:02 AM, devillenter said:

When listening to an audiobook, it's a little harder to focus. At least I have trouble with that sometimes. Because when I'm listening to an audiobook I'm often doing some other stuff too - then I have to go back and listen again. It depends a lot on whether one person is reading or maybe more than one reader - then it sounds definitely better!

I’ll consider listening to audiobooks. 

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

I tried listening to audiobooks and I get distracted very easily. I love podcasts but audiobooks often are harder to follow while doing other things (for me)... I prefer to read to paper books...

On 2/15/2021 at 7:51 AM, devillenter said:

And did you read it in paperback or what? Because I actually like to have the book in my hand and then on the shelf, but it reads better as an ebook. And sometimes I look for audiobooks and listen to them to myself when I'm walking the dog or cleaning the house.

Audiobooks are my favourite things in the world lol :award2:

On 2/15/2021 at 6:46 PM, Verus Turbo said:

I prefer paper books. It's just a nice feeling to finish a book and put it on the shelf. Futhermore you can read them in the bathtub, especially when you buy cheap pre-owned books, like I like to do.

Currently I read The Talisman Of Power from Licia Troisi, the last book of the Chronicles Of The Emerged World - trilogy. She wrote 15 books in the same fantasy world and it's what you probably expect. Medieval fantasy with dragons, magic and stuff, but also with unique ideas and (what I like) a focus on the psyche of the protagonist.

I also hear audiobooks to fall asleep. In my younger years Harry Potter back to back. But nowadays I look an Youtube for "free" audiobooks and I like the ones from Stephen King the most. (My favorites: Misery, The Long Walk, The Running Man)

Harry Potter books are the best!