Your experience with Therapy

Just now, chimera2.0 said:

In my country it's so sad that mental health is not being taken serious so it's not just hard to find a psychiatrist but also really costly.

It's really sad how majority of the world doesn't have access to a good mental health. That's why I think it should be a basic right of every human. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly, there are also different types of therapy. You can always go deeper into the topic, read some scientific articles or books. Even basic knowledge can allow you to look at your problems from a slightly different perspective - that was the case for me.

Hello everyone! I've thoughtful a lot about going to therapy. I think it is time to have professional help to improve my mental health and not continue destroying myself little by little. Do you have any experiences or opinions about going to therapy?

I've never been to therapy, but you have to remember that therapists are different too. Some are more open, some less so. Not everyone who works in this profession really focuses on the patient. I don't want to discourage you, but just be aware that if the therapist is not to your liking then you can confidently change them.

Just now, dafniye said:

It's really sad how majority of the world doesn't have access to a good mental health. That's why I think it should be a basic right of every human. 

i agree, it should be a basic right

Just now, dafniye said:

yes and I think it should be taught at school. Many people still have no idea about the concept of mental health and its importance.

yes and I think it should be taught at school. Many people still have no idea about the concept of mental health and its importance.

Oh my god yes! If you talk about mental health here the people laugh at you. It's such a bizzare concept here that talking about it makes you a strange person, and even a crazy one too. 

3 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Oh my god yes! If you talk about mental health here the people laugh at you. It's such a bizzare concept here that talking about it makes you a strange person, and even a crazy one too. 

The same happen with me. Everybody making jokes of depression and they simply call people with mental problem crazy.

1 minute ago, chimera2.0 said:

The same happen with me. Everybody making jokes of depression and they simply call people with mental problem crazy.

that’s so horrible omg. Nobody should be treated this way

1 minute ago, chimera2.0 said:

It's really sad. Even the people who do suffer from this make jokes about it to now seem crazy or to fit into the crowd. That's why schools should definitely give education regarding this. 

1 minute ago, dafniye said:

It's really sad. Even the people who do suffer from this make jokes about it to now seem crazy or to fit into the crowd. That's why schools should definitely give education regarding this. 

There's a teacher in my school is also the consultor of mental health but she's homophobic. She's opposed of same-sex marriage beacuse she thinks that having children is the responsibility of everyone.  

There's a teacher in my school is also the consultor of mental health but she's homophobic. She's opposed of same-sex marriage beacuse she thinks that having children is the responsibility of everyone.  

There are literally thousands of children in orphanages. Tell her that they are also the responsibility of everyone.

Having children isn't the only purpose of life tf

19 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Yes here too :(

It's so expensive. Literally costs an arm and a leg.

Where I am its not very expensive cuz we have a assurance that pays it we only have to pay 4€ or something

20 minutes ago, taygerm said:

OMG:(

Let's hope it will be cheaper in the future I don't understand why it's so expensive in some countries 

2 minutes ago, dafniye said:

There are literally thousands of children in orphanages. Tell her that they are also the responsibility of everyone.

Having children isn't the only purpose of life tf

and also infertile couples! That mindset was due to the old patriarchy idea system that was(still is) so common in my country.

4 minutes ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

Where I am its not very expensive cuz we have a assurance that pays it we only have to pay 4€ or something

Let's hope it will be cheaper in the future I don't understand why it's so expensive in some countries 

Omg €4 only ??? Where do you live girl I'll shift after the pandemic 🤣

15 minutes ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

For real? In my country the fee is about €40 (and in my country currency: 1.000.000 VND) That's a big money.

23 minutes ago, chimera2.0 said:

For real? In my country the fee is about €40 (and in my country currency: 1.000.000 VND) That's a big money.

Idk how much it is here but my parents said it's a lot compared to other countries 

30 minutes ago, dafniye said:

On second thoughts I've changed my mind 💀

Hahhaha😭that's what I thought

3 minutes ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

Idk how much it is here but my parents said it's a lot compared to other countries 

I really approve of the fine in my country because it has really show it effectiveness.

Edited by chimera2.0
18 hours ago, chimera2.0 said:

I really approve of the fine in my country because it has really show it effectiveness.

Really sad how people will wear a mask because otherwise it will cost them money, not caring about their health at all. 

28 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

The fee for not wearing a mask is even higher in my country

In my country it's SAR 5000 which is almost $1400 😍

As they should 💅