Jump to content

Your experience with Therapy


Recommended Posts

  • ★ Moderator

Hello everyone!

I've thoughtful a lot about going to therapy. I think it is time to have professional help to improve my mental health and not continue destroying myself little by little.

Do you have any experiences or opinions about going to therapy?

  • Love 2

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone! I've thoughtful a lot about going to therapy. I think it is time to have professional help to improve my mental health and not continue destroying myself little by little. Do you have any experiences or opinions about going to therapy?

Exactly, there are also different types of therapy. You can always go deeper into the topic, read some scientific articles or books. Even basic knowledge can allow you to look at your problems from a slightly different perspective - that was the case for me.

Thank you 🥺 that was one of my concerns, that I might have a bad therapist, but I’ll definitely start going to the psychologist. 

I've never been to therapy, but you have to remember that therapists are different too. Some are more open, some less so. Not everyone who works in this profession really focuses on the patient. I don't want to discourage you, but just be aware that if the therapist is not to your liking then you can confidently change them.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ★ Moderator
1 hour ago, tony said:

Hello everyone!

I've thoughtful a lot about going to therapy. I think it is time to have professional help to improve my mental health and not continue destroying myself little by little.

Do you have any experiences or opinions about going to therapy?

Thank you 😊 

 

8 minutes ago, taygerm said:

I didn't go to the therapy but I'm thinking of going

you should to be honest 

  • Love 1

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone to therapy for a lot of years through my life and I honestly think it's essential if you want to better your mental health or you're struggling with anything. Of course as another user said it might be difficult to find that one therapist that really understands you and will really help you so just keep searching till you find the one that better suits you, it's really worth it in the end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly, there are also different types of therapy. You can always go deeper into the topic, read some scientific articles or books. Even basic knowledge can allow you to look at your problems from a slightly different perspective - that was the case for me.

  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not been to therapy but I want to (as you might have read from my bpd post) so i can't share any experiences with you. 

Other than that, I'm so glad you're taking this initiative for your mental health. I'm sure you'll do great even if it will be hard sometimes especially in the beginning.

Realization is the first step towards healing your self 💕

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ★ Moderator
3 hours ago, PaulaMonster13 said:

I've gone to therapy for a lot of years through my life and I honestly think it's essential if you want to better your mental health or you're struggling with anything. Of course as another user said it might be difficult to find that one therapist that really understands you and will really help you so just keep searching till you find the one that better suits you, it's really worth it in the end.

Thank you 🥺 that was one of my concerns, that I might have a bad therapist, but I’ll definitely start going to the psychologist. 

  • Love 2

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tony said:

Thank you 🥺 that was one of my concerns, that I might have a bad therapist, but I’ll definitely start going to the psychologist. 

That's a great decision! And yeah you could try going to a few sessions and if you feel that that psychologist is not the right for you try with another one till you feel comfortable enough. It's always hard to take that first step but therapists are ready to help and it'll make a great difference in you life :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ★ Moderator
4 hours ago, PaulaMonster13 said:

That's a great decision! And yeah you could try going to a few sessions and if you feel that that psychologist is not the right for you try with another one till you feel comfortable enough. It's always hard to take that first step but therapists are ready to help and it'll make a great difference in you life :)

I was thinking more of the psychiatrist. But I can try a psychologist first. If it doesn’t work, I’ll go to the psychiatrist instead. ;)

  • Love 1

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tony said:

Hello everyone!

I've thoughtful a lot about going to therapy. I think it is time to have professional help to improve my mental health and not continue destroying myself little by little.

Do you have any experiences or opinions about going to therapy?

I think you should try to find a psychologist first. In some countries there are some help lines and counselor you can talk to for free. I think it's a very personal experience and it can be very different depending on the professional you end up dealing with. If you feel you need to talk with someone give it a shot. It can be extremely healing. Let us know how it goes :)

  • TEA 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ★ Moderator
3 hours ago, gia said:

I think you should try to find a psychologist first. In some countries there are some help lines and counselor you can talk to for free. I think it's a very personal experience and it can be very different depending on the professional you end up dealing with. If you feel you need to talk with someone give it a shot. It can be extremely healing. Let us know how it goes :)

I will let you know ❤️ Thanks for the advice. 

  • Love 1

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2021 at 9:24 PM, tony said:

I was thinking more of the psychiatrist. But I can try a psychologist first. If it doesn’t work, I’ll go to the psychiatrist instead. ;)

Yes I think that's best. In the end as far as I know the psychiatrist is more about prescribing meds while the psychologist is more about trying with different therapies so I think it's a great idea to try with a psychologist first. Wish you the best my friend! :bff:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its simple for me to answer,  therapy saved my life .I knockes on her door one evening where I was on the edge of doing something really stupid. I had seen there was a therapist near my apartment and was afraid to made an appointment, but that day I made a choice and it was the right one. 

If you feel the need to di a therapy you probably need one , it cant harm you I guess. I was lucky to found someone who was a match for me , you need to found a therapist who matches for you and if not, change,  it's okay. I didn't take any medication,  I didn't need to, only talking .but it's my personal experience  

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to a psychologist when I was 16, but only for a few months, so I don't have much experience. But I believe everyone should go talk to a professional, even if they think they don't have particular issues. I think it is always very helpful to talk to someone, it was for me, so my recommendation for you is to try 😊
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to psychologist when I was 17. It was because of all the stress. Me being gay, the university exam that I was about to join etc etc. I got medicine from my doctor and that was the only good thing. Because medicine really helped me. As the 'talking' part... It didn't work. Because sometimes, talking with a close friend is more effective than talking with a psychologist. But thats only my experience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 11:14 AM, Kaan Kaymaz said:

I went to psychologist when I was 17. It was because of all the stress. Me being gay, the university exam that I was about to join etc etc. I got medicine from my doctor and that was the only good thing. Because medicine really helped me. As the 'talking' part... It didn't work. Because sometimes, talking with a close friend is more effective than talking with a psychologist. But thats only my experience.

Some people don't have close friends or family members to talk to so a psychologist really helps for that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2021 at 7:14 PM, Gagas_artpoptech said:

It really helps especially if you're ashamed of talking with your parents

I hope everyone who needs it can get it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

Yes but in some countries a psychiatrist is very expensive so not everyone can ahve that sadly😥

That’s so unfair :(( i hope everyone gets through it

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

Yes but in some countries a psychiatrist is very expensive so not everyone can ahve that sadly😥

Yes here too :(

It's so expensive. Literally costs an arm and a leg.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

Yes but in some countries a psychiatrist is very expensive so not everyone can ahve that sadly😥

In my country it's so sad that mental health is not being taken serious so it's not just hard to find a psychiatrist but also really costly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...