HBO GO/MAX Series and Movies Discussion

devillenter

Do you use HBO GO or HBO MAX?

I know it's not as popular as Netflix in the US, but I think there are series out there that are much more quality and designed for a more discerning audience.

What do you guys think about this? Do you have any favorite series or movies?

• Love 1
  • Annoyed 1

• ★ Senior Moderator

Veneno. Please watch this show, it will change your life. It’s a masterpiece. 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

3 minutes ago, artpopulace said:

I don't have HBO GO or Max, but I love Westworld so much! It is honestly underrated and one of the gems of HBO <3 

P.S. Ramin Djawadi's scoring is too beautiful! 

Yes I love this series, it's quite complicated but the plot, acting, special effects are brilliant in it. I can't wait for the new season, even before pandemic it took quite a long time to produce a season, I wonder how long we will have to wait for the new season now....

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, Leography said:

What the...  :clownmakeup:

Well we don't have it in France yet

What... France is much bigger, after all, and there would probably be more demand there. I don't know what happened then lol In Poland we have had HBO GO for a good few years.

• Love 1

• ★ Senior Moderator
3 hours ago, devillenter said:

Never heard of it, wow. this series seems extremely interesting! I will definitely watch it.

Yes! It’s one of the best series I’ve ever seen. Definitely the best from Spain. 

1 minute ago, tony said:

Yes! It’s one of the best series I’ve ever seen. Definitely the best from Spain. 

Recently I have become very interested in Spanish culture, music and also movies. So this series is a hit! Thx a lot <3

• Love 1

• ★ Senior Moderator
Just now, devillenter said:

Recently I have become very interested in Spanish culture, music and also movies. So this series is a hit! Thx a lot <3

Spain is such a rich country! I really want to visit Spain once this pandemic is over. 

• ★ Senior Moderator
9 minutes ago, devillenter said:

I think so too. I even considered moving to Barcelona!

That’s awesome!! Hope you can do it. 

• ★ Administrator
6 hours ago, Leography said:

We don't have it in Europe, so

HBO is "included" in Sky. Everything is broadcasted from Sky Atlantic.

Anyway...I hear a lot of people talking about Westworld, should I give it a try?

• Matt changed the title to HBO GO/MAX Series and Movies Discussion
1 minute ago, Matt said:

Anyway...I hear a lot of people talking about Westworld, should I give it a try?

Yeah I realized that it wasn't all of Europe at all haha
We don't have Sky in France! We have OSC broadcasting some of the HBO shows, but defintively no HBO Max in sight!

15 hours ago, Matt said:

I did watch Westworld and I liked it! I feel I had too much expectation though and I wouldn't watch it again.

15 hours ago, Leography said:

Yeah I realized that it wasn't all of Europe at all haha
We don't have Sky in France! We have OSC broadcasting some of the HBO shows, but defintively no HBO Max in sight!

Maybe it's called FoxTV? It's a payTV service. I know in some countries (Australia for example) is called FoxTV.

By the way, I really like HBO series and I wish it was possible to subscribe to the online platform even from elsewhere, not only the US and Canada.

5 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

I don't have Sky, but I watched some HBO series such as Game Of Thrones, Big Little Lies, Euphoria and Chernobyl

Yes, these ones are definitely good. If you liked them I can definitely recommend His Dark Materials, Succession, We Are Who We Are and I Know This Much Is True.

3 minutes ago, devillenter said:

Yes, these ones are definitely good. If you liked them I can definitely recommend His Dark Materials, Succession, We Are Who We Are and I Know This Much Is True.

Thank you, I'll definitely check them out!