I was wondering if anyone here is suffering from BPD? 

BPD is a borderline personality disorder. People often confuse it with bipolar disorder. But it's really not, there are many differences between them. My favorite way to differenciate them is with something I read online; bpd is bipolar disorder, but faster. 

So I suffer from BPD. I don't know for how long I have had it for, but I remember being this moody person ever since I was a child. I think it is related to some of my childhood trauma too. 

Bpd causes me to be moody, splitting, disassociating, going from feeling like I deserve no love, success or happiness and then switching to feeling extremely lucky and happy. It's so exhausting and I sometimes just want to shut down and do nothing.

I have habits like impulsive decisions, which may be harmful for me in ways. And also addictions. I have had an unhealthy addiction since I was 8 years old. I have tried getting rid of it but I always get sucked back in. 

Anyone has a similar experience and would like to share their coping mechanisms? I feel really defeated sometimes because feeling too much is physically as well as mentally draining 😔

• Love 1

I had no idea that was a thing, thank you for letting us know!

And while I can't help you with that, I do know what's like to feel you don't deserve anything, and my advise is the same you all gave me in my thread: when you have these episodes, try as much as possible to find the strenght to remember when people told you it's not true, because it isn't! 

I don't know if you did, but maybe try to seek help from professionnal, or have close ones to do it for you? I have no idea if that's a possibility, I know for a fact that for a lot a reason you can't always do it, but I hope you can!

While I wish I could do more, I can totally be there for you when you need to talk or just vent about anything, just like I know a lot of us here will be 💕

You're obviously a brave person, don't ever forget that!

6 minutes ago, Leography said:

I had no idea that was a thing, thank you for letting us know!

And while I can't help you with that, I do know what's like to feel you don't deserve anything, and my advise is the same you all gave me in my thread: when you have these episodes, try as much as possible to find the strenght to remember when people told you it's not true, because it isn't! 

I don't know if you did, but maybe try to seek help from professionnal, or have close ones to do it for you? I have no idea if that's a possibility, I know for a fact that for a lot a reason you can't always do it, but I hope you can!

While I wish I could do more, I can totally be there for you when you need to talk or just vent about anything, just like I know a lot of us here will be 💕

You're obviously a brave person, don't ever forget that!

Thank you for reading and your kind words! 

I can't get professional help at the moment due to some issues. I'm studying hard so I can get a good job and move out and live my own life. I know I am in dire need of therapy.

I'm here for all of you too. Thank you for this amazing platform ❤️💕

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dafniye said:

Thank you for reading and your kind words! 

I can't get professional help at the moment due to some issues. I'm studying hard so I can get a good job and move out and live my own life. I know I am in dire need of therapy.

I'm here for all of you too. Thank you for this amazing platform ❤️💕

Yeah I thought so. Well until you can, you have us! 💕

• Love 1
Just now, Leography said:

Yeah I thought so. Well until you can, you have us! 💕

That's so incredibly sweet. I appreciate it so much! ❤️

• Love 1

I heard of this and I know what it is. I don't suffer from it so I can't really give good suggestions I think 😥 As Leo suggested to you, I would look for professional help. I have impulsive reactions and I feel addicted to feeling (both good and bad emotions). For me it's often related with some forms of anxiety (something I'm constantly working on).

I hope you will manage to finish your studies so you can free yourself. Everything will be better, trust me! My mental health improved a lot when I moved out :D

By the way, if you need help feel free to contact me, even privately 😄

34 minutes ago, gia said:

I heard of this and I know what it is. I don't suffer from it so I can't really give good suggestions I think 😥 As Leo suggested to you, I would look for professional help. I have impulsive reactions and I feel addicted to feeling (both good and bad emotions). For me it's often related with some forms of anxiety (something I'm constantly working on).

I hope you will manage to finish your studies so you can free yourself. Everything will be better, trust me! My mental health improved a lot when I moved out :D

By the way, if you need help feel free to contact me, even privately 😄

Yes, it's what keeps me going. Moving out, getting a job, finally being free. I'm just waiting for that day! 

Thank you so much for your kind offer. I will surely keep it in mind when I'm feeling down ❤️

Xx

• ★ Moderator
15 hours ago, dafniye said:

BPD is a borderline personality disorder. People often confuse it with bipolar disorder. But it's really not, there are many differences between them. My favorite way to differenciate them is with something I read online; bpd is bipolar disorder, but faster. 

So I suffer from BPD. I don't know for how long I have had it for, but I remember being this moody person ever since I was a child. I think it is related to some of my childhood trauma too. 

Bpd causes me to be moody, splitting, disassociating, going from feeling like I deserve no love, success or happiness and then switching to feeling extremely lucky and happy. It's so exhausting and I sometimes just want to shut down and do nothing.

I have habits like impulsive decisions, which may be harmful for me in ways. And also addictions. I have had an unhealthy addiction since I was 8 years old. I have tried getting rid of it but I always get sucked back in. 

Anyone has a similar experience and would like to share their coping mechanisms? I feel really defeated sometimes because feeling too much is physically as well as mentally draining 😔

Thank you for sharing your story ❤️ I’m really happy when we open up about our life and you are very brave to share your story with us. 

I really encourage you to keep fighting, you are not alone with this. I suffer OCPD, ADHD, and depression. I’m constantly fighting with my monsters, but I’m not giving up. 

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

6 minutes ago, tony said:

Thank you for sharing your story ❤️ I’m really happy when we open up about our life and you are very brave to share your story with us. 

I really encourage you to keep fighting, you are not alone with this. I suffer OCPD, ADHD, and depression. I’m constantly fighting with my monsters, but I’m not giving up. 

Thank you for reading! 

I'm glad you battle through life everyday and are still here with us. ADHD can be quite hard as well as depression and OCPD. Never give up. We're all here for you. 

One thing I love about monsters the most is that each of us got a story to tell, and I think that's what drew most of us to gaga as well! ❤️

• ★ Moderator
8 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Thank you for reading! 

I'm glad you battle through life everyday and are still here with us. ADHD can be quite hard as well as depression and OCPD. Never give up. We're all here for you. 

One thing I love about monsters the most is that each of us got a story to tell, and I think that's what drew most of us to gaga as well! ❤️

Thank you for your words 🥺❤️ 

And you are right, each of us got a Story to tell ❤️

You’re so brave for speaking out, I admire each and every person who talks about their trauma openly. I’ve read about BPD and it’s way more complicated than Bipolar. You just need to know that you’re not your illness and you deserve to be loved 🥰

On 2/10/2021 at 9:38 AM, queenal19 said:

You’re so brave for speaking out, I admire each and every person who talks about their trauma openly. I’ve read about BPD and it’s way more complicated than Bipolar. You just need to know that you’re not your illness and you deserve to be loved 🥰

"You just need to know you're not your illness." thank you for that. I will always remember this phrase ❤️

• Love 1
On 2/8/2021 at 10:41 PM, dafniye said:

Hi, i'm teo.
I suffer from BPD as well, and I know how it feels, in my case sometimes I feel like the happiest person in the world and the next second I feel like shit, that I'm worthless etc.

and I also have a lot of impulsive behaviour which has led me to lose a lot of friendships that I loved a lot, and now recently one of my friends that I loved the most has left me for a stupid reason, I feel alone and abandoned and it's a horrible feeling.

I imagine you are going through a terrible time because I know how it feels, although very often it's hard to believe but one day you will get better, I too many times don't believe it and get terribly down but I have to fight for my life.

I'm seeing a psychiatrist and things are getting a little better, so I suggest you go to one, I'm currently taking psychotropic drugs that help me cushion the mood swings which are sometimes terrible.
There is a lot of work to be done and it's very difficult and many times you will get very depressed but know that sooner or later you will get better ❤️.

Edited by Teo31
52 minutes ago, Teo31 said:

Hi, i'm teo.
I suffer from BPD as well, and I know how it feels, in my case sometimes I feel like the happiest person in the world and the next second I feel like shit, that I'm worthless etc.

and I also have a lot of impulsive behaviour which has led me to lose a lot of friendships that I loved a lot, and now recently one of my friends that I loved the most has left me for a stupid reason, I feel alone and abandoned and it's a horrible feeling.

I imagine you are going through a terrible time because I know how it feels, although very often it's hard to believe but one day you will get better, I too many times don't believe it and get terribly down but I have to fight for my life.

I'm seeing a psychiatrist and things are getting a little better, so I suggest you go to one, I'm currently taking psychotropic drugs that help me cushion the mood swings which are sometimes terrible.
There is a lot of work to be done and it's very difficult and many times you will get very depressed but know that sooner or later you will get better ❤️.

I'm so sorry for that Teo! I feel the highs and lows like you too. It honestly feels like a roller coaster and I sometimes just want it to end. 

And there's this thing that I am aware of my actions, and sometimes that the feelings I'm feeling aren't accurate, but at the same time, it gets hard to distinguish between reality and the delusions in my mind. 

I'm kind of scared from drugs, so the main reason I'm not pushing for help is one of that. I don't want to get addicted or end up ODing. I don't know where this fear comes from, but the funny thing is, one second I want to take my life and the next I'm worrying about ODing and dying. 

I'm glad that things are getting a bit better for you, and honestly that makes me so happy and gives me hope. 

Thank you for sharing this with me. I have never talked to a person with bpd before. I have joined several groups but I never participate, so talking to someone who experiences the same as me feels real good ❤️

1 hour ago, dafniye said:

I'm so sorry for that Teo! I feel the highs and lows like you too. It honestly feels like a roller coaster and I sometimes just want it to end. 

And there's this thing that I am aware of my actions, and sometimes that the feelings I'm feeling aren't accurate, but at the same time, it gets hard to distinguish between reality and the delusions in my mind. 

I'm kind of scared from drugs, so the main reason I'm not pushing for help is one of that. I don't want to get addicted or end up ODing. I don't know where this fear comes from, but the funny thing is, one second I want to take my life and the next I'm worrying about ODing and dying. 

I'm glad that things are getting a bit better for you, and honestly that makes me so happy and gives me hope. 

Thank you for sharing this with me. I have never talked to a person with bpd before. I have joined several groups but I never participate, so talking to someone who experiences the same as me feels real good ❤️

I'm also very happy to talk to someone who suffers from BPD ❤️.

as for mood swings it's one of the main problems of us borderlines, and I understand that it's so hard because first you feel that you rock the world, that you're the best and a few seconds later you feel that you suck that no one loves you and you go into a very severe depressive loop that often (to me) led to suicidal thoughts, and the funny thing is that one of my biggest fears is to die.

As far as psychotropic drugs are concerned, I can tell you my personal experience, so you can more or less understand what it's like to take them.
I take a psychoactive drug called "Lamotrigine", it's a mood stabiliser and it also works as an antidepressant (but for not too serious cases, even if with the dose I'm taking now I rarely have episodes of serious depression, but I'll have to see over time as I've been taking it for a month).

As far as dependence is concerned, I have practically no dependence, and it happened to me that for one day by mistake I didn't take them and I didn't feel dependence (then I think it can change from person to person, but for that you have to be in contact with your psychiatrist in case you have dependence so he can help you).

Instead, to go in overdose, I must admit that in periods of serious depression (like today when I had one) I thought about it but I didn't do it, also here I think it changes from person to person and also from the type of drug.

The only things I should improve are the episodes of severe depression, anxiety and impulsive behaviour, but next time I see my psychiatrist I'll talk about it and I think she'll give me something for those things.

I also want to give you some advice for when you will have a psychiatrist, first of all you have to be careful, there are many (at least here in Italy) who do this job only for money and don't think about your health not helping you or giving you wrong things, and there are other psychiatrists who do it just for passion for their job and therefore are good at helping you, I was lucky to have one who is passionate about her job and is helping me a lot.
The second piece of advice I want to give you is that when you start the path with a psychiatrist it won't be easy (for example I've been going since 2016 and only now I'm noticing improvements) it will be a difficult path where you'll feel bad many times, but if you make an effort you'll see that you'll get better, even in the moments when you're so depressed that you have not nice thoughts and you won't even be able to believe that you'll make it in life, know that sooner or later you'll get better especially with a good psychiatrist and a good treatment.
I know you will suffer a lot in the future (and I will too) and I'm sorry, but if you want I'm there to give you some advice.

(I apologize if some parts in English are not grammatically correct but I am Italian and I helped myself with a translator to write this message)

I hope I've been helpful, and that you will succeed in your journey to get better ❤️.

7 hours ago, Teo31 said:

I'm also very happy to talk to someone who suffers from BPD ❤️.

as for mood swings it's one of the main problems of us borderlines, and I understand that it's so hard because first you feel that you rock the world, that you're the best and a few seconds later you feel that you suck that no one loves you and you go into a very severe depressive loop that often (to me) led to suicidal thoughts, and the funny thing is that one of my biggest fears is to die.

As far as psychotropic drugs are concerned, I can tell you my personal experience, so you can more or less understand what it's like to take them.
I take a psychoactive drug called "Lamotrigine", it's a mood stabiliser and it also works as an antidepressant (but for not too serious cases, even if with the dose I'm taking now I rarely have episodes of serious depression, but I'll have to see over time as I've been taking it for a month).

As far as dependence is concerned, I have practically no dependence, and it happened to me that for one day by mistake I didn't take them and I didn't feel dependence (then I think it can change from person to person, but for that you have to be in contact with your psychiatrist in case you have dependence so he can help you).

Instead, to go in overdose, I must admit that in periods of serious depression (like today when I had one) I thought about it but I didn't do it, also here I think it changes from person to person and also from the type of drug.

The only things I should improve are the episodes of severe depression, anxiety and impulsive behaviour, but next time I see my psychiatrist I'll talk about it and I think she'll give me something for those things.

I also want to give you some advice for when you will have a psychiatrist, first of all you have to be careful, there are many (at least here in Italy) who do this job only for money and don't think about your health not helping you or giving you wrong things, and there are other psychiatrists who do it just for passion for their job and therefore are good at helping you, I was lucky to have one who is passionate about her job and is helping me a lot.
The second piece of advice I want to give you is that when you start the path with a psychiatrist it won't be easy (for example I've been going since 2016 and only now I'm noticing improvements) it will be a difficult path where you'll feel bad many times, but if you make an effort you'll see that you'll get better, even in the moments when you're so depressed that you have not nice thoughts and you won't even be able to believe that you'll make it in life, know that sooner or later you'll get better especially with a good psychiatrist and a good treatment.
I know you will suffer a lot in the future (and I will too) and I'm sorry, but if you want I'm there to give you some advice.

(I apologize if some parts in English are not grammatically correct but I am Italian and I helped myself with a translator to write this message)

I hope I've been helpful, and that you will succeed in your journey to get better ❤️.

Thank you so much. Your English was perfect don't worry! English isn't my first language either!

It's interesting to read about your take on the psychoactive drug, and I must admit it has made me feel a little bit better knowing that it's not as bad as I thought. 

I can't have a therapist right now due to some problems, I want to, very much. 

But the thing is, I also have communication problems, and I get really disassociative when I'm talking to someone about something important. My mind starts freaking out and then there comes a time where I have nothing to say in the middle of a sentence. 

I also experience splitting (I think you must be familiar with it) and it always makes me feel so guilty when I split.

Thank you for being honest with me about how it's going to be hard too in the future at first, because since childhood I have created this theory in my head that therapy is just going to cure me out of nowhere.

❤️❤️

5 hours ago, dafniye said:

Thank you so much. Your English was perfect don't worry! English isn't my first language either!

It's interesting to read about your take on the psychoactive drug, and I must admit it has made me feel a little bit better knowing that it's not as bad as I thought. 

I can't have a therapist right now due to some problems, I want to, very much. 

But the thing is, I also have communication problems, and I get really disassociative when I'm talking to someone about something important. My mind starts freaking out and then there comes a time where I have nothing to say in the middle of a sentence. 

I also experience splitting (I think you must be familiar with it) and it always makes me feel so guilty when I split.

Thank you for being honest with me about how it's going to be hard too in the future at first, because since childhood I have created this theory in my head that therapy is just going to cure me out of nowhere.

❤️❤️

Hey 💚

I'm sorry you can't get a psychiatrist, I hope as soon as possible you can get one and get better (also because I know how hard it is every day to live with this disorder...)

As for communication, I when I talk about something important with most people I get so many paranoia (what if this thing I was saying is wrong, what if I'm bothering them by saying these things, what if it's not okay what I'm saying etc), and sometimes it happens to me that in the middle of the conversation I get stuck and I don't know what to say, and I start 1000 other paranoia (what if he expects an answer from me, what if he gets pissed off because I don't continue the conversation), maybe they are useless paranoia but I have them and unfortunately for now I can't do much about it.
I don't know if this is your case or not, so I hope that by telling you my story I can help you a little.

As far as splitting is concerned, I didn't know it was called this way (also because I think in Italy it is called in another way) so I did some research, and I think I understand what it is, but to avoid misunderstandings I would be happy if you would explain what it is so I can better understand what it is, and I can tell you the best of my personal experience and try to help you.

Lastly I wanted to tell you (as I've said many times) that it will be a difficult path with the psychiatrist but also with yourself, in fact, to give you an example, first I had to trust the psychiatrist, then I had to be able to unblock and say the most personal things, then a very important step I had to be able to accept (first I did not accept that I was borderline because when I mentioned it to my ex-girlfriend she took it badly, but thanks to Lady Gaga's songs I was able to accept), after I accepted myself, I started to "analyze" myself, to see in which things I had more problems (for example, mood swings, which are the main problem), then I discussed it with my psychiatrist and after a while she gave me the psychotropic drug that I currently take, so with the psychiatrist it will take time and effort, and with yourself it will also take time but especially the strength to get up in difficult moments, and I know how hard it is when the only thing you think about is wanting to die, but one day with so much effort you will get better, and that is the greatest satisfaction you can have 💚.

I wanted to add that I've noticed that there is a lot of "distrust" about psychotropic drugs, my father (being very old-fashioned) thought that they would fuck up my brain, that they would only make me feel bad, the same thing many of my other friends told me.
So it took me a long time to "trust" to take them, but at a certain point in my life I noticed that I was suffering so much that I wanted to do anything to get better, and I started to "trust" to take them, and as I told you before I don't feel addicted and the only thing I feel is a flattening of the surges, that is, in most of the day I feel normal, neither happy nor sad, if something happens that makes me happy I'm happy, but if something sad happens I sometimes go into a severe depressive loop.
Obviously there are still many things to improve (anxiety, paranoia, impulsiveness and many other things) but over time you will slowly improve.

I am convinced that you will manage to get better, and I hope that as soon as possible you will start this path to get better 💚.

I am very sorry that this has happened to you. What you are going through must be very hard. Have you considered seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist? Stay strong and take care of yourself!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Teo31 said:

Hey 💚

I'm sorry you can't get a psychiatrist, I hope as soon as possible you can get one and get better (also because I know how hard it is every day to live with this disorder...)

As for communication, I when I talk about something important with most people I get so many paranoia (what if this thing I was saying is wrong, what if I'm bothering them by saying these things, what if it's not okay what I'm saying etc), and sometimes it happens to me that in the middle of the conversation I get stuck and I don't know what to say, and I start 1000 other paranoia (what if he expects an answer from me, what if he gets pissed off because I don't continue the conversation), maybe they are useless paranoia but I have them and unfortunately for now I can't do much about it.
I don't know if this is your case or not, so I hope that by telling you my story I can help you a little.

As far as splitting is concerned, I didn't know it was called this way (also because I think in Italy it is called in another way) so I did some research, and I think I understand what it is, but to avoid misunderstandings I would be happy if you would explain what it is so I can better understand what it is, and I can tell you the best of my personal experience and try to help you.

Lastly I wanted to tell you (as I've said many times) that it will be a difficult path with the psychiatrist but also with yourself, in fact, to give you an example, first I had to trust the psychiatrist, then I had to be able to unblock and say the most personal things, then a very important step I had to be able to accept (first I did not accept that I was borderline because when I mentioned it to my ex-girlfriend she took it badly, but thanks to Lady Gaga's songs I was able to accept), after I accepted myself, I started to "analyze" myself, to see in which things I had more problems (for example, mood swings, which are the main problem), then I discussed it with my psychiatrist and after a while she gave me the psychotropic drug that I currently take, so with the psychiatrist it will take time and effort, and with yourself it will also take time but especially the strength to get up in difficult moments, and I know how hard it is when the only thing you think about is wanting to die, but one day with so much effort you will get better, and that is the greatest satisfaction you can have 💚.

I wanted to add that I've noticed that there is a lot of "distrust" about psychotropic drugs, my father (being very old-fashioned) thought that they would fuck up my brain, that they would only make me feel bad, the same thing many of my other friends told me.
So it took me a long time to "trust" to take them, but at a certain point in my life I noticed that I was suffering so much that I wanted to do anything to get better, and I started to "trust" to take them, and as I told you before I don't feel addicted and the only thing I feel is a flattening of the surges, that is, in most of the day I feel normal, neither happy nor sad, if something happens that makes me happy I'm happy, but if something sad happens I sometimes go into a severe depressive loop.
Obviously there are still many things to improve (anxiety, paranoia, impulsiveness and many other things) but over time you will slowly improve.

I am convinced that you will manage to get better, and I hope that as soon as possible you will start this path to get better 💚.

I totally get your point about the conversation. I feel so stuck sometimes, and I get embarrassed about the things coming out of my mouth, even if they make sense and they're right. I have this mindset where I have convinced myself that everything I say doesn't matter and that everybody is going to ignore me and my opinions. I run out of things to say in the middle of a conversation even if I know what I have to say. I freak out and start wondering the same. The other person's reaction to my reply. I completely understand the what ifs you're talking about. 

As for splitting, google won't give you a definite answer for that. Splitting is like a black and white world. There is no grey space in between. I could either love a person and thing they're the moon and the stars or hate them the very next minute because of something small and irrelevant I did. It's like a switch turning on and off. I could think I'm the most amazing person in the world and nothing can stop me and the very next moment I can turn suicidal with thoughts about how I'm unable to achieve anything and I'll be abandoned by everyone in sometime. So it's basically one extreme to another without an in-between option. That's how I view it. 

I'm worried about getting a  psychiatrist in the sense that I'm not too good with communication. And there are a lot of memories in my mind mainly from my childhood which have been 'blocked'. I don't remember a majority of my childhood and I don't know what happened in that period.

I feel bad for asking for mental health help because it's considered as a form of taboo in my area. Taking drugs would label me as 'crazy'. Not that I care about that, but my family would. 

Thank you for your encouragement. It honestly means a lot to me to talk to another person like me. I don't feel 'alone' or crazy.

I hope you get better, and are able to heal yourself and accept yourself. You are deserving of love 💜

You sound like a great person who's filled with kindness. Thank you for helping me out. 

2 hours ago, devillenter said:

I am very sorry that this has happened to you. What you are going through must be very hard. Have you considered seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist? Stay strong and take care of yourself!

I am hoping to get a therapist soon, but there are a few problems at the moment. Thank you for caring! ❤️

2 minutes ago, dafniye said:

I am hoping to get a therapist soon, but there are a few problems at the moment. Thank you for caring! ❤️

Welcome, I hope you come across a responsible and experienced person who manages to help you! <3

• Love 3
  • ★ Moderator
12 hours ago, dafniye said:

Please do! Therapy is something great to do! Getting help is very important. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 1:58 PM, tony said:

Please do! Therapy is something great to do! Getting help is very important. 

Yes, I agree with you. Hopefully soon ❤️

• ★ Moderator
7 hours ago, dafniye said:

Yes, I agree with you. Hopefully soon ❤️

Please let me know how it goes. ❤️

6 minutes ago, tony said:

Please let me know how it goes. ❤️

Of course. I won't ever forget all the advices everyone here has given me and how valid you've all made me feel. Thank you ❤️