Non-Gaga-Related Merch Collectors Thread

Leography

• ★ Senior Moderator
On 6/27/2021 at 12:34 PM, numb the flame said:

lol so after saying I didn't like the idea of pushing vinyls but not manufacturing CD's, I just spend £18 on the boxset with a digital download code :clownmakeup:

I really wanted a CD from lorde. It’s kind of hypocritical saying that it’s for ecological reasons and they are pressing vinyls and boxsets. It’s the same stuff. A cardboard sleeve cd was the solution tbh. 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

36 minutes ago, Tony said:

I really wanted a CD from lorde. It’s kind of hypocritical saying that it’s for ecological reasons and they are pressing vinyls and boxsets. It’s the same stuff. A cardboard sleeve cd was the solution tbh. 

Many music lovers prefer digibooks/digipaks/digisleeves over a regular jewel case anyways. I would've happily taken a digipak or even a digibook like Chromatica had she decided to release a CD but make it from recycled materials / made in a eco friendly way. 

• ★ Senior Moderator
6 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

Many music lovers prefer digibooks/digipaks/digisleeves over a regular jewel case anyways. I would've happily taken a digipak or even a digibook like Chromatica had she decided to release a CD but make it from recycled materials / made in a eco friendly way. 

Exactly. Even though, Adele’s 25 standard booklet was made with 100% recycled paper. 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

35 minutes ago, Tony said:

Exactly. Even though, Adele’s 25 standard booklet was made with 100% recycled paper. 

Oh wow, I didn't know '25' was made from 100% recycled paper but I could feel that it was very different and a lot thicker than the regular paper used for album booklets. 

Posted (edited)

I used to collect Harry Potter merch, but since all the drama around JK Rowling started I stopped it 💀 Now I only collect (or try to, because it's expensive as hell) Gaga's stuff 😊

oh and I collect CDs too

Edited by morphy
insert new content

I used to have a collection of Barbie dolls. but my family moves a lot due to my dad's job. that one time we forgot to take the dolls with us and the family living in that apartment after us just threw them away.

the collection had no exclusive/rare doll, but as a teenager I was really sad.

Kind of off topic but I had a thought earlier today,

If record labels want to be charging £25 plus for a vinyl, then that vinyl should include a full colour 12" lyric booklet and possibly even a digital download too if the label is feeling extra nice. Vinyl prices have risen quite a bit since I bought my first record which happened to be ARTPOP in 2014 and not very much has changed in terms of the packaging. Most releases come in a regular gatefold, some come in a trifold like Chromatica, but there's often not much else to offer besides maybe printed sleeves. Give us that 12" booklet to make buying vinyl a more worthwhile and pleasing experience.

If we can get booklets with CD editions, why is it that you don't see booklets with vinyl very often? I only have three albums in my vinyl collection that have booklets but then again my vinyl collection isn't the biggest collection ever. 

6 hours ago, numb the flame said:

If record labels want to be charging £25 plus for a vinyl, then that vinyl should include a full colour 12" lyric booklet and possibly even a digital download too if the label is feeling extra nice.

The price to produce a vinyl is not cheap. The booklet is reasonable, but the code to download online isn't. They are 2 different music platforms, have different charting effects.

And no music label is nice.:sad2:

7 hours ago, T Clark Drew said:

The price to produce a vinyl is not cheap. The booklet is reasonable, but the code to download online isn't. They are 2 different music platforms, have different charting effects.

And no music label is nice.:sad2:

Like I fully understand now that one of the biggest vinyl pressing plants has burned down, there may be delays in producing vinyl but labels keep charging so much money and for so little quality and content. I'm pretty sure I paid around £27-ish for Beyoncé's 'Lemonade' vinyl in 2017 which was a double yellow LP, a full colour 12" booklet and a digital download code. Many vinyl copies come with a digital download (P!nk's 'Beautiful Trauma', Lorde's deluxe 'Solar Power' vinyl and SOPHIE's 'Oil of Every Pearls Un-Insides' for example) but some labels are just charging so much and for the bare minimum: a single/double LP with nothing else to offer besides the gatefold packaging. 

On 7/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, numb the flame said:

Like I fully understand now that one of the biggest vinyl pressing plants has burned down, there may be delays in producing vinyl but labels keep charging so much money and for so little quality and content. I'm pretty sure I paid around £27-ish for Beyoncé's 'Lemonade' vinyl in 2017 which was a double yellow LP, a full colour 12" booklet and a digital download code. Many vinyl copies come with a digital download (P!nk's 'Beautiful Trauma', Lorde's deluxe 'Solar Power' vinyl and SOPHIE's 'Oil of Every Pearls Un-Insides' for example) but some labels are just charging so much and for the bare minimum: a single/double LP with nothing else to offer besides the gatefold packaging. 

It also depends on the number of tracks tho. More music = more money right?

On 7/6/2021 at 8:38 PM, morphy said:

I used to collect Harry Potter merch, but since all the drama around JK Rowling started I stopped it 💀 Now I only collect (or try to, because it's expensive as hell) Gaga's stuff 😊

oh and I collect CDs too

oh I wanted to buy harry potter books once but yeah, that sh.t going on around JK just made me mad enough to not buy anything with her name on it

right now, I just collect mangas and coins

I'm currently looking at grabbing a vinyl copy of SOPHIE's 'Oil Of Every Pearl's Un-Insides' now that it has been repressed and it's still for sale at it's retail price (£24.99) compared to what scalpers are charging on eBay and discogs. 

22 hours ago, mileeeeeeyyy said:

oh I wanted to buy harry potter books once but yeah, that sh.t going on around JK just made me mad enough to not buy anything with her name on it

right now, I just collect mangas and coins

I used to collect lost keys I found on the streets

On 7/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, PinkLamborghini said:

I used to have a collection of Barbie dolls. but my family moves a lot due to my dad's job. that one time we forgot to take the dolls with us and the family living in that apartment after us just threw them away.

the collection had no exclusive/rare doll, but as a teenager I was really sad.

I used to "collect" barbies too. I put the "" because as a kid I wanted them to play not to collect, but when I grew up I still had them on my shelf... until my little cousins took them :glasses3:

I collect books! I started it because my father has a big shelf with a lot of books and I wanted to have one, so I bought a few books (and actually read all of them. that's importante) and kept increasing 

• 2 weeks later...