The manga & anime thread

Leography

Hi guys! 

Do we have any anime fans in the house? I used to be a HUGE fans of manga (we're talking over 1000 volumes at my house fan) but I almost don't read them anymore! I still watch a few anime at the moment tho! Boku no Hero Academia, Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titans), Aggretsuko... 

But my favorite of all time (to the point of rewatching it almost once a year) is Neon Genesis Evangelion. For those of you who are not familiar with it, here's a quick summary of what it is about:

"The Evangelion series revolves around the organization NERV, using large mechas called Evangelions to combat monstrous beings called Angels. They are piloted by several of the main characters, including Shinji Ikari, Asuka Sohryu, and Rei Ayanami. While the initial episodes focus largely on religious symbols and specific references to the Bible, the later episodes tend to go deeper into the psyches of the characters, where it is learned that many of them have deep-seated emotional and mental issues. Through the exploration of these issues, the show begins to question reality and the existences therein. "

While being 26 years old, the series didn't age one bit. It's gorgeous, the animation is top notch, characters are really deep, it explore truly complex topics such as depression, the relationship between humans (on the most wide sense of that), weither it's love, hate, fear, desire... In the end, while it's heavily action oriented in most of the episodes, the robots and Monsters are almost secondary, the human psyche truly is the main focus of the series! 

Fair warning if you plan to get into it tho, some episodes are REALLY violent and disturbing. 

And best of it? It's on Netflix!

What about you guys? What are you watching/Reading?

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a big fan of manga but now I read much fewer now.One Punch Man, Case Closed (my first manga and also most favorite one), One Piece, Inuyasha, Solo Leveling, Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka? are my favorite.

Edited by chimera2.0