Rate Chromatica

lilith

The album (music): 8/10. I overall adore the album and I don't get tired of it, but some songs are still a miss for me (Plastic Doll, Fun Tonight, 1000 Doves) and I do wish it was more experimental (when I read that SOPHIE and Boyz Noize were on it I was ecstatic, and we ended up with none of their productions) 

Babylon (favorite song): 10/10, truly a stand out in her discography, and so FIERCE! The triumphant gay moment we needed and deserved!

Visuals: 20/10. Her best photoshoots (Paper magazine everyone?!) and the only complain I have is that we don't have enough to see! Also it's her best album cover, and I'll fight you on that.

Era: 5/10. What we have is STELLAR. But I can't help to think we have more missed oportunities than actual content. So much more could have been done (More videos, remixes and alternative versions, reissue, virtual concert, that listening party, TV performances, a proper gatefold vinyl, etc etc) Also I think this is the first time our fanbase had to deal with that many problems with the merch... (Where on earth is that signed poster, she leaves for Italy next month 💀)

Hopefully we'll be more lucky for her next pop era, whenever that'll be! 

• ★ Senior Moderator

The album 9/10 

Favorite song “1000 Doves” 10/10 highly underrated. It doesn’t deserve all the hate. 
Visuals: 9/10 flawless the photoshoots and 911 MV are just ICONIC  

Edited by Tony

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

• ★ Moderator

I would rate it 7.5/10. I really wanted the tracks that didnt make the cut. Some songs aged very well and some didnt age well. But do i still stream it? Hell yeah!

7 hours ago, lilith said:

I love the whole album(10/10) - But, my favorite song is replay (10/10)

I would rate it a solid 10/10. Honestly one of her best albums (ARTPOP is still superior tho) and there is NO skip. I like how every piece is somehow connected to mental health or her trauma, so there's that!

3 hours ago, tony said:

The album 9/10 

Favorite song “1000 Doves” 10/10 highly underrated. It doesn’t deserve all the hate. 

I wish Gaga had included the piano version of 1000 Doves in the original tracklist. It is SO good and I feel like it's more raw and honest. But then again, she didn't want any ballads in it so I understand her reasoning too

• ★ Senior Moderator
5 hours ago, dafniye said:

I wish Gaga had included the piano version of 1000 Doves in the original tracklist. It is SO good and I feel like it's more raw and honest. But then again, she didn't want any ballads in it so I understand her reasoning too

Yes you’re 100% right. The piano version it’s so raw and honest. 

And yes, she had a reason to not include ballads at all. So the piano version of 1000 doves must have been a gift for us we bought the deluxe CD. 

11 minutes ago, tony said:

Yes you’re 100% right. The piano version it’s so raw and honest. 

And yes, she had a reason to not include ballads at all. So the piano version of 1000 doves must have been a gift for us we bought the deluxe CD. 

I'm so happy we got a 2hole new song in the deluxe CD tho. Love Me Right is so beautiful. 

• Love 1

• ★ Senior Moderator
42 minutes ago, dafniye said:

I'm so happy we got a 2hole new song in the deluxe CD tho. Love Me Right is so beautiful. 

I need Love Me Right on streaming platforms 😭 I really love that song, it’s so pure and beautiful. 

• ★ Senior Moderator
22 minutes ago, little_monster_amy said:

I agree 😍

10 😍 

PERIOD 😍 as it should 

• Love 1

I will definitely give a 10 out of 10!!!! I love this album so much for many reasons.

My favorite songs is Replay :cheering:

On 2/7/2021 at 5:57 AM, tony said:

The album 9/10 

I love 1000 doves so much :sad1: especially the piano version. The lyrics is so powerful!! I also LOVE the way parts of the lyrics are different in the two versions!

1000 doves is the Million Reasons of Joanne, it deserves so much.

And I really wish both 100 Doves Piano version and Love me right were on streaming platforms cause sometimes I forgot about them 😭

Edited by Giulia Monster

• Matt changed the title to Rate Chromatica
  • ★ Senior Moderator
1 hour ago, Giulia Monster said:

love 1000 doves so much :sad1: especially the piano version. The lyrics is so powerful!! I also LOVE the way parts of the lyrics are different in the two versions!

And I really wish both 100 Doves Piano version and Love me right were on streaming platforms cause sometimes I forgot about them 😭

1000 Doves is so underrated 😭 

1 hour ago, Giulia Monster said:

Same!! 😭😭😭 i want to listen to those tracks everyday on my playlist!!!

2 hours ago, Giulia Monster said:

I will definitely give a 10 out of 10!!!! I love this album so much for many reasons.

My favorite songs is Replay :cheering:

I love 1000 doves so much :sad1: especially the piano version. The lyrics is so powerful!! I also LOVE the way parts of the lyrics are different in the two versions!

Indeed! 100 doves deserves much more!

On 2/6/2021 at 9:58 PM, Leography said:

The album (music): 8/10. I overall adore the album and I don't get tired of it, but some songs are still a miss for me (Plastic Doll, Fun Tonight, 1000 Doves) and I do wish it was more experimental (when I read that SOPHIE and Boyz Noize were on it I was ecstatic, and we ended up with none of their productions) 

Babylon (favorite song): 10/10, truly a stand out in her discography, and so FIERCE! The triumphant gay moment we needed and deserved!

Visuals: 20/10. Her best photoshoots (Paper magazine everyone?!) and the only complain I have is that we don't have enough to see! Also it's her best album cover, and I'll fight you on that.

Era: 5/10. What we have is STELLAR. But I can't help to think we have more missed oportunities than actual content. So much more could have been done (More videos, remixes and alternative versions, reissue, virtual concert, that listening party, TV performances, a proper gatefold vinyl, etc etc) Also I think this is the first time our fanbase had to deal with that many problems with the merch... (Where on earth is that signed poster, she leaves for Italy next month 💀)

Hopefully we'll be more lucky for her next pop era, whenever that'll be! 

i agree 100% ! also 911 is one of my favs too from the music and lyrics to the video 

• Love 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...