How are your relationships with your parents?

Tan Nazlı

When I was a child I always wondered if there was something wrong with me that's why I didn't have a good relationship with one of my parents. If that's the case for you too, just remember, a child is supposed to be given the best care and love in the world by its parents. It's not our fault, ever, if they are incapable of doing that. 

• ★ Senior Moderator
On 2/26/2021 at 5:08 AM, dafniye said:

When I was a child I always wondered if there was something wrong with me that's why I didn't have a good relationship with one of my parents. If that's the case for you too, just remember, a child is supposed to be given the best care and love in the world by its parents. It's not our fault, ever, if they are incapable of doing that. 

I did have everything but support. My parents don’t agree that I’m gay, specially my mom. It’s hard when the person you love looks at you with disappointment. I really want my mom to love me as the way I am. 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

1 hour ago, tony said:

I did have everything but support. My parents don’t agree that I’m gay, specially my mom. It’s hard when the person you love looks at you with disappointment. I really want my mom to love me as the way I am. 

I get you. Parents say their love in unconditional and then go on and make conditions like this. I'm really sorry for you. Hopefully she'll accept you as the way you are with time ❤️

• ★ Senior Moderator
5 hours ago, dafniye said:

I get you. Parents say their love in unconditional and then go on and make conditions like this. I'm really sorry for you. Hopefully she'll accept you as the way you are with time ❤️

Exactly. I don’t hate her, I do love her totally. I just hope one day she’ll accept me completely ❤️🙏🏻

• 1 month later...

The relationship with my parents right now is getting a lot better. For years, I’ve resented my parents and family. They were so dysfunctional and angry all the time. It was unhealthy for me. I wanted and needed different but how when that’s all the family you have? I went through all kinda of ups and downs with my family only just to circle back around and forgive and forget.

• ★ Senior Moderator
12 hours ago, MaulJHolland said:

The relationship with my parents right now is getting a lot better. For years, I’ve resented my parents and family. They were so dysfunctional and angry all the time. It was unhealthy for me. I wanted and needed different but how when that’s all the family you have? I went through all kinda of ups and downs with my family only just to circle back around and forgive and forget.

I’m glad to know that. I wish my parents could accept me. Sometimes I believe they don’t because they are afraid I would be rebellious and do other things. I’m 25, I graduated from college, I’m studying a new career and I’m staying focused on myself even if I’m still dealing with depression and anxiety. 

• 2 months later...

i’m on summer holiday and it’s the first week and my dad has been horrible to me. he’s threatening me, telling me he’s going to kick me out, shouting at me over the smallest things and it’s just so hard because i have nowhere to go and i don’t want to be at home lol and i have 6 more weeks at home with him

• 3 weeks later...

My relationship with my dad is great. He literally supports me and everything. My mother is a totally different story; she's a pathological liar, manipulative, childish, and most definitely not motherly. I have no relationship with her and haven't spoken to her in 4 years. I have a great relationship with my step mom, totally different story with my step father. I'm glad I don't speak to my mom because having her in my life isn't beneficial to my mental health. Neve allow someone to pressure you to speak to someone if you don't want to speak to them.