How are your relationships with your parents?

48 minutes ago, devillenter said:

I think the worst thing about my relationship with my parents is that they still don't know about my orientation. But this year I have to tell them 🥴

If you think they wont accept it, tell them when you will be ready,  there is no rush. You'll know when it will be the good time 🙂

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is so true and is basically whats going on with me. They dont understand why i dont like doing what other boys ( you get me) do. My family members are all athletes but me so its weird for me and im the odd one out. some thing they understand but others (the important ones) they dont. Even picking what i want to study in, i had to constantly tell them that its what i wanted, i get their perspective but like let me try doing it my way, yeah ive failed a couple times before but doesnt mean i c

In the lockdown our relationship got stronger. And we just adopted a dog, we talk a lot about it, we walk together and it’s just that one thing that is making the relationship stronger.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope they eventually open up and help you.

Normally around my friends I'm very fun. I make jokes, I feel 100% sure that everybody enjoying. Basically I'm the social butterfly but around my family I don't do jokes because I'm always scared of showing my true colors. Thats also a little bit sad because if they know the real me, the would have enjoy too

I'm so blessed to have loving amazing parents but to everyone who's parents aren't supportive of them I'm here for you and things will get better I promise 💗

On 2/17/2021 at 5:05 PM, devillenter said:

I think the worst thing about my relationship with my parents is that they still don't know about my orientation. But this year I have to tell them 🥴

Good luck 💗 I'm with you and I'm sure they will love you the same 🤍🤍

On 2/21/2021 at 9:23 AM, chimera2.0 said:

I didn't live with my dad and we rarely talk. I love my mom but I fear to have to tell her about my orientation.

It will be okay 🤍 I'm here to support you if you need it and I'm sorry about your relationship with your dad :( 

2 hours ago, Judas said:

Good luck 💗 I'm with you and I'm sure they will love you the same 🤍🤍

It will be okay 🤍 I'm here to support you if you need it and I'm sorry about your relationship with your dad :( 

Thank you❣️

On 2/21/2021 at 1:00 PM, Kaan Kaymaz said:

Normally around my friends I'm very fun. I make jokes, I feel 100% sure that everybody enjoying. Basically I'm the social butterfly but around my family I don't do jokes because I'm always scared of showing my true colors. Thats also a little bit sad because if they know the real me, the would have enjoy too

If you think that they'll enjoy the real you then you should try it sometimes, take baby steps and crack a joke here and there. I'm sure it must be very hard to conceal yourself around others. Sending love 💕

On 2/21/2021 at 2:33 AM, _ratttos_ said:

The fact that I love them so much that I can't even describe it with the words :")

but I'm pretty sure they'll kick me out of the house as soon as they find out I'm gay!

I'm so sorry :(

It really hurts when our parents can't accept us for who we are. Stay strong, you got this 💕

1 hour ago, dafniye said:

If you think that they'll enjoy the real you then you should try it sometimes, take baby steps and crack a joke here and there. I'm sure it must be very hard to conceal yourself around others. Sending love 💕

yes, it’s important to take baby steps. I’m sure they’ll love the real you it will all be ok 💗

8 minutes ago, taygerm said:

I have no father, when I was little he broke up with my mom

I'm sorry :( 

We're all here for you. I'm sure your mom did a good job raising you because you're such a great person. 

21 minutes ago, taygerm said:

I have no father, when I was little he broke up with my mom

I'm sorry. I understand it because I don't have a good relationship with my dad since I was young, but my mum is awonderful.

On 1/24/2021 at 6:39 PM, Mert said:

My parents divorced like 10 years ago and I am soooooooo fucking thankful for my mother's decision now she has a boyfie and he is so nice to me also the relationship between my mom is the best she is aware of everything I like I struggle I dislike  etc. She can help me about every single topic I am so thankful to have a mother like mine 

So happy for you :) That's great that she's helps you 

On 1/24/2021 at 1:22 PM, Tan Nazlı said:

I think this is THE MOST IMPORTANT question to ask, mental health problems are mostly caused by things that are happening in each household. Directly or indirectly... I would gladly listen to you guys, and share my own experiences! 

Yes.. I'm also here to listen to your stories! We all need to support each other in this community 

On 2/17/2021 at 6:05 PM, devillenter said:

GL!! Ik it's very hard to come out to parents and thinking what they I'll think fo you. But just think of it like this if they don't accept you for you they don't deserve you. If they do accept you then that's great I hope they will accept you for you❤❤❤

On 2/21/2021 at 12:33 AM, _ratttos_ said:

The fact that I love them so much that I can't even describe it with the words :")

but I'm pretty sure they'll kick me out of the house as soon as they find out I'm gay!

Noooo😭why would they kick you for being gay if they really love you🥺

On 2/21/2021 at 12:43 AM, imSWINE said:

Mines not the best to be honest. My mom just blocked me on everything :(

Why did she block you 🥺?

On 2/20/2021 at 11:33 PM, _ratttos_ said:

Omg I hope not :( I'm sure they will love you just the same no matter what

On 2/21/2021 at 10:23 AM, chimera2.0 said:

I didn't live with my dad and we rarely talk. I love my mom but I fear to have to tell her about my orientation.

I'm sure she will understand❤❤❤. Even if she doesn't understand its ok give her some time im.sure she loves you a lot

On 2/21/2021 at 11:00 AM, Kaan Kaymaz said:

Be yourself infromt of them if you think they will love the real you🥺

On 2/22/2021 at 3:25 PM, Judas said:

I'm so blessed to have loving amazing parents but to everyone who's parents aren't supportive of them I'm here for you and things will get better I promise 💗

Yes you are very lucky some of us don't have the same luck but that's OK we'll get through it❤❤love your parents while you  still can❤

On 2/7/2021 at 9:11 AM, Ray said:

I really dont like opening up (not in a bad way) but its just that i feel shy about it and like everyone can read it but i want to try. So i have a bitter sweet relationship with my parents. At times its really good and other times its...really bad. Idk if its me or them. I know they love ofc but at times its annoying. So what ive been doing is i stay up at night so i can be alone and ill sleep and wake up late so i dont see them much. ( idk if this is making sense im sorry 😭). But yeah thats what i do. Its my dad mostly. Not sure where to go on next, its been ok so far. He just likes to keep nagging (in his words). Im clueless really. I just want it to stop 😕. Not sure if im making sense but yeah.

You do make sense I totally understand what you're saying. Maybe your relationship will Improve with time try to do something fun with your parents like going out or  having a movie night or a game night 

On 2/13/2021 at 7:52 PM, devillenter said:

In the lockdown our relationship got stronger. And we just adopted a dog, we talk a lot about it, we walk together and it’s just that one thing that is making the relationship stronger.

Awww im so happy for you guys🥺❤love each other while you still can

On 2/13/2021 at 10:24 PM, blessedbyartpop said:

Actually not good. They know my addict problems and my sexual orientation. They don't support me.

I'm sorry to hear this🥺. It's not easy to get out of an addiction ik that but try to limit your addiction and set an amount per day or week and do not surpas it. It kinda helped with me for a while

On 2/13/2021 at 10:41 PM, taygerm said:

I love her so much 

Me2 I love my mom so much she's very special to me but not my dad idc about him tbh

On 2/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, tony said:

Right now, it’s okay kind of. But my mom seems she doesn’t like the fact that I’m gay. 

I'm sorry to hear that🥺. I think she just needs time to get used to it

25 minutes ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

I'm sure she will understand❤❤❤. Even if she doesn't understand its ok give her some time im.sure she loves you a lot

Be yourself infromt of them if you think they will love the real you🥺

Yes you are very lucky some of us don't have the same luck but that's OK we'll get through it❤❤love your parents while you  still can❤

You do make sense I totally understand what you're saying. Maybe your relationship will Improve with time try to do something fun with your parents like going out or  having a movie night or a game night 

Awww im so happy for you guys🥺❤love each other while you still can

I'm sorry to hear this🥺. It's not easy to get out of an addiction ik that but try to limit your addiction and set an amount per day or week and do not surpas it. It kinda helped with me for a while

Me2 I love my mom so much she's very special to me but not my dad idc about him tbh

I'm sorry to hear that🥺. I think she just needs time to get used to it

I will 🤍 Hope your situation is okay rn

On 1/24/2021 at 2:26 PM, godofchromatica said:

Bad because they dont like lady gaga and they everyday say bad things about her this is make our releationship bad and in pandemic i’m at always home its so difficult

My parents also don't like her☹. My dad said to my mom she eats babies and drinks blood so my mom doesn't listen to her anymore and it makes me sad cuz gaga is awesome

Just now, taygerm said:

please don't listen to them,  you know how perfect gaga is

I won't listen to them dw, I'll be leaving them both in a few years forever just because of their beliefs in a book they will ruin everything in our family so idc ehat they say really gaga has been there when no one else was 

Just now, taygerm said:

You must keep your head up! my heart is always with u

Tysm❤❤😖I'm trying my best