How are your relationships with your parents?

1 minute ago, Tan Nazlı said:

I think your English is pretty good too!! R u from Paris?

No I'm not , france is not just Paris guys lol I'm from the west of france, nantes exactly 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is so true and is basically whats going on with me. They dont understand why i dont like doing what other boys ( you get me) do. My family members are all athletes but me so its weird for me and im the odd one out. some thing they understand but others (the important ones) they dont. Even picking what i want to study in, i had to constantly tell them that its what i wanted, i get their perspective but like let me try doing it my way, yeah ive failed a couple times before but doesnt mean i c

In the lockdown our relationship got stronger. And we just adopted a dog, we talk a lot about it, we walk together and it’s just that one thing that is making the relationship stronger.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope they eventually open up and help you.

2 minutes ago, Adeline said:

No I'm not , france is not just Paris guys lol I'm from the west of france, nantes exactly 

I’ve been to the south east France couple years ago, for skiing... It was such a beautiful place.

My parents divorced like 10 years ago and I am soooooooo fucking thankful for my mother's decision now she has a boyfie and he is so nice to me also the relationship between my mom is the best she is aware of everything I like I struggle I dislike  etc. She can help me about every single topic I am so thankful to have a mother like mine 

• Love 1
Just now, Mert said:

My parents divorced like 10 years ago and I am soooooooo fucking thankful for my mother's decision now she has a boyfie and he is so nice to me also the relationship between my mom is the best she is aware of everything I like I struggle I dislike  etc. She can help me about every single topic I am so thankful to have a mother like mine 

This is beautiful... may I ask if you still see your father?

2 minutes ago, Mert said:

That's so nice to read this,  and to know that you're aware that your lucky 🙂 I'm sure its important and make you more confident 

Just now, Tan Nazlı said:

This is beautiful... may I ask if you still see your father?

I do but you know I am not getting well with him that's why I see him like once in a 2 month or something 

1 minute ago, Adeline said:

That's so nice to read this,  and to know that you're aware that your lucky 🙂 I'm sure its important and make you more confident 

Yeah you are right being aware of what I like or don't like and getting rid of the things that I dislike made me more confident ☺️

• Love 1

Does he give you financial support?

Well to be honest he gives me financial support but it is not enough he can do much more better but he prefers spending money on other people especially to women...

Just now, Mert said:

Well to be honest he gives me financial support but it is not enough he can do much more better but he prefers spending money on other people especially to women...

I’m sorry to hear that... I hope your relationship with him gets better in the future 🙏🏼

I’m sorry to hear that... I hope your relationship with him gets better in the future 🙏🏼

It is hard but I just hope every of us could get the love care and respect from we love 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Mert said:

Yeah you are right being aware of what I like or don't like and getting rid of the things that I dislike made me more confident ☺️

Great , its important to have a solid knowledge of what you need or not , in happy for you 

Just now, Mert said:

It is hard but I just hope every of us could get the love care and respect from we love 

The reasons I posted this topic is because I know how important it is to have your family beside you... As far as I have experienced, people who suffer from this issue are the ones who are generally the most damaged 😔

3 minutes ago, Adeline said:

Great , its important to have a solid knowledge of what you need or not , in happy for you 

Thank you so much 🙃

13 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

The reasons I posted this topic is because I know how important it is to have your family beside you... As far as I have experienced, people who suffer from this issue are the ones who are generally the most damaged 😔

I agree with you you are rightttttt

• Love 1
On 1/24/2021 at 7:22 AM, Tan Nazlı said:

I think this is THE MOST IMPORTANT question to ask, mental health problems are mostly caused by things that are happening in each household. Directly or indirectly... I would gladly listen to you guys, and share my own experiences! 

Luckily I've always lived in a house where everyone takes mental health seriously. The situation with my parents is really good, even though we have seen each other for a year straight, I try to calm down and think that it is better seeing them every day than never again. I've just realized that even though a lot of people are posting in this forum because of the contest, we are still having important conversations. So if you feel like sharing any of your experiences I'm always open to listen!

• ★ Moderator
On 1/24/2021 at 12:56 PM, Tan Nazlı said:

Thank you for this topic. It’s important to take care of ourselves, even if our parents don’t get us, we have to understand them partially, because some of them were educated differently than us, and it might be hard to understand us completely. 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why.

I'm glad that I have a great relationship to my parents. Before and after my coming out, my parents were always there for me. Of course sometimes we argue about anything, but that's normal. Coming out to my parents was the best I could ever do. I had to tell them cause I was harassed by two other guys (my first gay contacts ever) which lead into psychotic phone calls and messages in the middle of the night and extortion by showing up at my home and telling my parents that I'm gay. So I talked to my parents that I need a new phone number and when they asked why, I had to tell them everything. I started crying, but my parents were so supportive, hugged me and told me that everythings okay. They support me in everything I do and they also love my boyfriend with whom I am together for almost 4 and a half years now. 🙂

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Graffo131 said:

I'm glad that I have a great relationship to my parents. Before and after my coming out, my parents were always there for me. Of course sometimes we argue about anything, but that's normal. Coming out to my parents was the best I could ever do. I had to tell them cause I was harassed by two other guys (my first gay contacts ever) which lead into psychotic phone calls and messages in the middle of the night and extortion by showing up at my home and telling my parents that I'm gay. So I talked to my parents that I need a new phone number and when they asked why, I had to tell them everything. I started crying, but my parents were so supportive, hugged me and told me that everythings okay. They support me in everything I do and they also love my boyfriend with whom I am together for almost 4 and a half years now. 🙂

That's so nice to read! 💕 There is so many bad parents out there, but it's always Heart warming to read these kinds of stories!

I'm actually at a similar point right now too, even if my coming out didn't go as smoothly as yours haha but we love each others very much and I really miss them now that it's way more difficult to head back to my hometown to see them :(

Not that good! 😅

My relationship with my mother is pretty good. But my father tho... A reason for my daddy issues. He's around but he's not present. Never been in our lives. 

I can proudly say that all I am today is because of women in my life, including mother monster ❤️

6 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Not that good! 😅

My relationship with my mother is pretty good. But my father tho... A reason for my daddy issues. He's around but he's not present. Never been in our lives. 

I can proudly say that all I am today is because of women in my life, including mother monster ❤️

Kind Woman have great influences on kid so it's a good things you have a good relationship with your mother.  About your dad I don't know your history but maybe it would change in a good way with time.

19 minutes ago, Adeline said:

Kind Woman have great influences on kid so it's a good things you have a good relationship with your mother.  About your dad I don't know your history but maybe it would change in a good way with time.

Exactly! Women can make or break a child. 

Tbh I'm not exactly sure for that. I don't think there's any repairing of my relationship with my dad, but thank you for your kind words! 

6 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Exactly! Women can make or break a child. 

Tbh I'm not exactly sure for that. I don't think there's any repairing of my relationship with my dad, but thank you for your kind words! 

As long as it doesn't keeps you from living your life it's not that bad , I had a really bad relationship with my father,  after therapy I understand some stuff and now I can talk with him a little lol. It's really not his fault to be honest i just dont like him and I learned to accept it so it doesn't bother me anymore.

2 hours ago, Graffo131 said:

That's so nice! Your parents are very open-minded and they must love you so much. I think all parents love their kids, it's just that for some of them there are things that are hard to understand and to accept 🤔

I was talking with a lovely 75yo lady about the LGBTQ+ community. She's very religious (and I was playing Gaga all the time at her place, but that's a detail haha) but open-minded about many things. Anyway, she could not understand that love is love no matters if it's between a man and a woman, 2 men or 2 women. She was sure it was not "natural". I told her my opinion but didn't try to change her mind. There are so many generations between us that it wouldn't have made sense. It really depends on the education and experiences of your parents and how conservative their families were 🤔