Jump to content

How are your relationships with your parents?


Recommended Posts

I think this is THE MOST IMPORTANT question to ask, mental health problems are mostly caused by things that are happening in each household. Directly or indirectly... I would gladly listen to you guys, and share my own experiences! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is so true and is basically whats going on with me. They dont understand why i dont like doing what other boys ( you get me) do. My family members are all athletes but me so its weird for me and im the odd one out. some thing they understand but others (the important ones) they dont. Even picking what i want to study in, i had to constantly tell them that its what i wanted, i get their perspective but like let me try doing it my way, yeah ive failed a couple times before but doesnt mean i c

In the lockdown our relationship got stronger. And we just adopted a dog, we talk a lot about it, we walk together and it’s just that one thing that is making the relationship stronger.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope they eventually open up and help you.

2 minutes ago, godofchromatica said:

Bad because they dont like lady gaga and they everyday say bad things about her this is make our releationship bad and in pandemic i’m at always home its so difficult

I’m sorry to hear that... 😔 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, godofchromatica said:

I wish we one day solve this problem but i think they dont stop to make this...

You don’t have to agree on everything with your parents you know... At some point it’s your life and your decision. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, godofchromatica said:

I know but ı don’t have any chance now...

Did you try talk to your parents about this? I think they should respect you and your interests... Or do you think it would be a waste of time to talk to them?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a good family,  I can't complain. I grew up in a loving house. I just dont get along with my father since I was a child , it was very hard sometimes but its better now that I'm an adult lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adeline said:

I have a good family,  I can't complain. I grew up in a loving house. I just dont get along with my father since I was a child , it was very hard sometimes but its better now that I'm an adult lol 

Are you still living with your parents?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

I think this is THE MOST IMPORTANT question to ask, mental health problems are mostly caused by things that are happening in each household. Directly or indirectly... I would gladly listen to you guys, and share

I actually have a great relationship with my mom nowadays after constantly fighting each other for like 8 years just because of me being gay, she thought lady gaga and other artists and media i consumed turned me gay lol, i don't have a relationship with my father at all, i don't know him, and i actually don't speak with my mom's partner at all, i don't like him so I don't care to have a relationship with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fkaharrison said:

I actually have a great relationship with my mom nowadays after constantly fighting each other for like 8 years just because of me being gay, she thought lady gaga and other artists and media i consumed turned me gay lol, i don't have a relationship with my father at all, i don't know him, and i actually don't speak with my mom's partner at all, i don't like him so I don't care to have a relationship with him.

So did you started getting along with your mom after all that time? How did that happen? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Are you still living with your parents?

Oh no lol I'm almost 34 ! I left when I was 19 and leave with my ex for around 2 years too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Adeline said:

Oh no lol I'm almost 34 ! I left when I was 19 and leave with my ex for around 2 years too. 

Ohh that’s great!! I guess if you are a strong female you don’t need permission 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Ohh that’s great!! I guess if you are a strong female you don’t need permission 😂

No I dont 😁  I just need to work and make money to pay rent and stuff lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, godofchromatica said:

Yes ı try for this years...

Do they at least respect you about your interests... they don’t have to like Gaga (which is very strange if you ask me) but hey have to respect...

1 minute ago, Adeline said:

No I dont 😁  I just need to work and make money to pay rent and stuff lol

Which city are you living in?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

So did you started getting along with your mom after all that time? How did that happen? 

yes, well it was really hard at first because we used to fight every single day, and when she found out that I am gay i was only 12, somewhere around when i was 17 i had my first boyfriend and i she met him eventually, she didn't like it but that opened up a conversation, then I started talking to her about my life, my friends, i let her know through the years that I'm more than just a Gaga fan or a gay person, we started watching RuPaul's Drag Race and she learned a lot watching it, she apologized and now she's basically my best friend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Do they at least respect you about your interests... they don’t have to like Gaga (which is very strange if you ask me) but hey have to respect...

Which city are you living in?

I'm in France and you ? How old are you?  Did you get along with your parents? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fkaharrison said:

yes, well it was really hard at first because we used to fight every single day, and when she found out that I am gay i was only 12, somewhere around when i was 17 i had my first boyfriend and i she met him eventually, she didn't like it but that opened up a conversation, then I started talking to her about my life, my friends, i let her know through the years that I'm more than just a Gaga fan or a gay person, we started watching RuPaul's Drag Race and she learned a lot watching it, she apologized and now she's basically my best friend.

You know how beautiful and important it is that you share this story on this platform, right? I am sure there are people who will be touched by your story just as I am. Thank you so muchhh 🥰🥺

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, godofchromatica said:

Yes :( they don’t respect for me

I wish you the best about that... but don’t forget that we get to choose our own families after a certain age. There are so many people who I’m sure would give you the love and respect you deserve! ❤️🙏🏼

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tan Nazlı said:

I wish you the best about that... but don’t forget that we get to choose our own families after a certain age. There are so many people who I’m sure would give you the love and respect you deserve! ❤️🙏🏼

Thank you so much 💓

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adeline said:

I'm in France and you ? How old are you?  Did you get along with your parents? 

I’m 19 and from Istanbul. I get along with my parents actually, but I also feel like we are not on the same page on so many social issues. So I decided to distance myself from them in a level that would allow both my parents and myself to be happy together. Je peux parler en Français aussi. J’ai étudié dans une école francophone quand j’étais petit. Mais j’ai oublié un peu... 😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tan Nazlı said:

I’m 19 and from Istanbul. I get along with my parents actually, but I also feel like we are not on the same page on so many social issues. So I decided to distance myself from them in a level that would allow both my parents and myself to be happy together. Je peux parler en Français aussi. J’ai étudié dans une école francophone quand j’étais petit. Mais j’ai oublié un peu... 😂😂

Oh that's good french lol my English is really bad ! Its tempting but it's not fair for others who want to read lol 

It's a good thing if you have a good relationship with them 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Adeline said:

Oh that's good french lol my English is really bad ! Its tempting but it's not fair for others who want to read lol 

It's a good thing if you have a good relationship with them 🙂

I think your English is pretty good too!! R u from Paris?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...