How did Gaga helped you with your Mental Health?

Hey everyone!

We all know that Gaga supports the fight against Mental Health. But I want to know, if Gaga helped you fighting Mental Illness and how?

Here's my story: In 2015 when I was 16 years old, my life made a 180° twist. I was starting my schooling which meant new school, new people, new stuff. I was lucky to have a few friends from secondary school with me, so I wasn't all alone. A few weeks later it all began. I got up one morning, got ready for school and on my way to school I got a call that my best friend has died in a car accident. I met a friend every morning at a hotel, so we could go together the rest of the way to school. She was waiting that morning for me too and when I saw her, I broke down in tears in her arms. It was horrible. The entire day I spoke to no one and was all by myself.

When I got home, I locked myself into my room and listened to some music. When "Til it happens to you" by Gaga came on, I broke down again. I repeated many times listening to it, cause the song was fitting like a glove. My best friend and I wanted to drive by car, but I couldn't, cause I was visiting my grandparents. So I almost were dead too when I would have gone with him in his car. The following weeks and months after that accident many other horrible things happened in my life, like the death of my grandma... So I was falling into a deep depression. The whole time I was listening to Gaga's music, which gave me strength and power to fight against that depression. In June 2016 I was making one of the greatest steps in my life. I had my coming out as bisexual. I first made it public on Instagram and then on Facebook, where my whole family got to see it. Gladly everyone was reacting in positive ways, which made it much easier for me.

A few months later I met my boyfriend and won that fight with his help and the help of Gaga. We are still in a relationship, which lasts over four years now. He tries to support me in every way.

Now every time I feel sad, I put on Gaga's music and feel better.

• Love 1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your story is truly inspiring... I remember when I felt the lowest in my whole life, that was when she released Shallow. It was before the song even started charting on Billboard, we didn’t even know if it was going to be a single... I felt so lonely, because I was betrayed by the one person I needed beside me... I was trying to process all that. And one day I was at a swimming practice, suddenly I started to sing the chorus to the song, it was kinda ironic since the lyrics has some swimming inv

Your story sounds so similar to mine... Lots of love, stay safe ❤️❤️

Fun Tonight... is such an underrated song. I think in that Gaga not only speaks to herself but also speaks for many of us. It’s one of my all time favorite songs of her.

This is such a nice story!

Gaga helps me every day. She gives me so much strenght. She irradiates positivity. I came out from a toxic relationship completely destroyed. She reminded me that I AM LOVED! And we all are. She's a great human being and an inspiration for me. She puts a smile on my face. 🤍

• Love 1

Your story is truly inspiring... I remember when I felt the lowest in my whole life, that was when she released Shallow. It was before the song even started charting on Billboard, we didn’t even know if it was going to be a single... I felt so lonely, because I was betrayed by the one person I needed beside me... I was trying to process all that. And one day I was at a swimming practice, suddenly I started to sing the chorus to the song, it was kinda ironic since the lyrics has some swimming involved in the chorus... It hit differently. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Graffo131 said:

Hey everyone!

We all know that Gaga supports the fight against Mental Health. But I want to know, if Gaga helped you fighting Mental Illness and how?

Here's my story: In 2015 when I was 16 years old, my life made a 180° twist. I was starting my schooling which meant new school, new people, new stuff. I was lucky to have a few friends from secondary school with me, so I wasn't all alone. A few weeks later it all began. I got up one morning, got ready for school and on my way to school I got a call that my best friend has died in a car accident. I met a friend every morning at a hotel, so we could go together the rest of the way to school. She was waiting that morning for me too and when I saw her, I broke down in tears in her arms. It was horrible. The entire day I spoke to no one and was all by myself.

When I got home, I locked myself into my room and listened to some music. When "Til it happens to you" by Gaga came on, I broke down again. I repeated many times listening to it, cause the song was fitting like a glove. My best friend and I wanted to drive by car, but I couldn't, cause I was visiting my grandparents. So I almost were dead too when I would have gone with him in his car. The following weeks and months after that accident many other horrible things happened in my life, like the death of my grandma... So I was falling into a deep depression. The whole time I was listening to Gaga's music, which gave me strength and power to fight against that depression. In June 2016 I was making one of the greatest steps in my life. I had my coming out as bisexual. I first made it public on Instagram and then on Facebook, where my whole family got to see it. Gladly everyone was reacting in positive ways, which made it much easier for me.

A few months later I met my boyfriend and won that fight with his help and the help of Gaga. We are still in a relationship, which lasts over four years now. He tries to support me in every way.

Your story sounds so similar to mine... Lots of love, stay safe ❤️❤️

• Love 5

Hi! My name is Brody. I started listening to Lady Gaga when she first released Just Dance, and I fell in love. I was about 14 and struggling with mental health issues over being bisexual, and she really helped me come to terms with myself. I remember my sister (who is a year younger than me) and I would watch the Telephone music video over and over again because it was so entertaining, and fashionable, and chaotic, and obviously iconic. After the Fame Monster was released, I somehow dropped out of listening to Lady Gaga, although I would visit a few of her hit songs every once in a while. Then a Star is Born was released, and I immediately got back into the fandom. Through the pandemic, her music, along with artists like Rina Sawayama and Chloe X Halle, have kept me going. I have now rewatched all of her live performances, most of her tours, and her Netflix documentary. I binged all of her albums, with Artpop and Born This Way being my favorites. Altogether, Lady Gaga has literally saved my life because she made me feel creative and special when I never did, made me feel like I had a friend when I didn't. I love her so much and I have grown so much because of her. Lots of Love.

• Love 1

I don’t like myself so much before she released born this way and Hair song is giving me so much inspiration to love myself I reflected the colors I hid in my hair and dyed my hair to every color and it freed me thank you gaga

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Fun Tonight... is such an underrated song. I think in that Gaga not only speaks to herself but also speaks for many of us. It’s one of my all time favorite songs of her.

I think gaga speaks herself and us in replay too

• Love 1

Sometimes I miss hanging out going different places and being lost in loud music and when I feel like that I turn love game telephone and just dance on then I close my eyes and getting in to the vibe dancing singing and stuff and suddenly I feel better

Just now, Mert said:

Sometimes I miss hanging out going different places and being lost in loud music and when I feel like that I turn love game telephone and just dance on then I close my eyes and getting in to the vibe dancing singing and stuff and suddenly I feel better

I love thoseee tracks... The Fame Monster is the best album to get distracted from the outside world and just enjoy loud pop music!!

• Love 4
Just now, Tan Nazlı said:

I love thoseee tracks... The Fame Monster is the best album to get distracted from the outside world and just enjoy loud pop music!!

You are totally right the beat lyrics they all sick as the gaga said Let's have some fun, this beat is sick

I'm so sorry that you went through that, and your friend's family :(

But I completely sympathize with you, I usually play Gaga's music when I'm feeling ANY emotion. When I'm sad I obviously go for the ballads, then ROM and Scheiße make me feel even better.

But my favorite Gaga song, of all time, is Yoü and I. I always sing it with my two best friends when we're drinking and I don't know, it's just a very special song

When I feel depressed or emotionally unstable I search for a performance of Lady Gaga and after a while I feel better. This is the way that she helps my mental health 

• Love 1
On 1/23/2021 at 2:57 PM, Graffo131 said:

Hey everyone!

Oh lord, I’m in tears by just replying this thread. I’ve been a Gaga Stan since 2008, when I watched Just Dance for the very first time on MTV. 
But 2009 was a really hard year for me. I had several problems with my parents, and the only thing that made me happy was Lady Gaga. I stared to have depression from June 2009, during Michael Jackson’s death. And Gaga was the only reason to still being alive, because I was so sad and confused about life and I was just 14 years old. 

With this being said, that’s the reason “The Fame” is my favorite GaGa album. That album made me forget any problems I had during high school and with my parents. I really loved to watch the music videos on TV, on the internet, listening the album on my phone and requesting Gaga songs on the radio. 
And when The Fame Monster came out, I loved her more. 

I will always be thankful to Gaga for helping me with my life, even if she doesn’t know who I am, but she helped me with her art. ❤️

5 minutes ago, tony said:

stared

Started* 

////////

sorry :clownmakeup:

• Love 1

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

6 minutes ago, tony said:

Oh lord, I’m in tears by just replying this thread. I’ve been a Gaga Stan since 2008, when I watched Just Dance for the very first time on MTV. 
But 2009 was a really hard year for me. I had several problems with my parents, and the only thing that made me happy was Lady Gaga. I stared to have depression from June 2009, during Michael Jackson’s death. And Gaga was the only reason to still being alive, because I was so sad and confused about life and I was just 14 years old. 

With this being said, that’s the reason “The Fame” is my favorite GaGa album. That album made me forget any problems I had during high school and with my parents. I really loved to watch the music videos on TV, on the internet, listening the album on my phone and requesting Gaga songs on the radio. 
And when The Fame Monster came out, I loved her more. 

I will always be thankful to Gaga for helping me with my life, even if she doesn’t know who I am, but she helped me with her art. ❤️

Gaga is such an amazing artist and human being. I'm happy to read that she saved you in such a difficult moment. She's walking art. Every day I hope the world will be kind to her. She is a strong woman but often the most big-hearted people are also the most fragile, and she shared that with us and managed to transform her pain into art. I just really hope she will be truly happy from now on and supported by people who love her. Mental health is something so important and I kind of feel that once you get to know the darkest parts of your mind you can fight to leave them behind but you will always know where they are. I hope she will never go back to them, to that depression, and hope she will never feel objectivised again.

Sorry for going off-topic, but you mentioning your depression and the way Gaga helped you made me think about her struggle as well.

• Love 2

all yours stories are really touching 🥺  I'm happy that she has been able to help at important moments in your life ❤ I have to say that it's different for me, maybe because I'm older and I'm a fan for 2 years only .I experienced difficult things 10 years ago I would have liked to know her at that time. for me I will say that it just makes me happy. I listen to her every day, it puts me in a good mood and sometimes gives me courage and motivation. i love spending time watching her interviews too, it allows me to distract myself and take my mind off when I'm depressed at home on my own. plus, i think i'm a better person today because of her wisdom and kindness that I try to apply as much as possible .

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Adeline said:

all yours stories are really touching 🥺  I'm happy that she has been able to help at important moments in your life ❤ I have to say that it's different for me, maybe because I'm older and I'm a fan for 2 years only .I experienced difficult things 10 years ago I would have liked to know her at that time. for me I will say that it just makes me happy. I listen to her every day, it puts me in a good mood and sometimes gives me courage and motivation. i love spending time watching her interviews too, it allows me to distract myself and take my mind off when I'm depressed at home on my own. plus, i think i'm a better person today because of her wisdom and kindness that I try to apply as much as possible .

I think she would be very proud of us reading this 🤍

Edited by gia
7 minutes ago, gia said:

I think she would be very proud of us reading this 🤍

Oh yes for sure. She would be crying of course lol and be proud of us to sharing our stories and be supportive to one another.and she probably would said that its the reason why she does what she does for helping people ❤

12 hours ago, gia said:

Gaga is such an amazing artist and human being. I'm happy to read that she saved you in such a difficult moment. She's walking art. Every day I hope the world will be kind to her. She is a strong woman but often the most big-hearted people are also the most fragile, and she shared that with us and managed to transform her pain into art. I just really hope she will be truly happy from now on and supported by people who love her. Mental health is something so important and I kind of feel that once you get to know the darkest parts of your mind you can fight to leave them behind but you will always know where they are. I hope she will never go back to them, to that depression, and hope she will never feel objectivised again.

Sorry for going off-topic, but you mentioning your depression and the way Gaga helped you made me think about her struggle as well.

I just hope she’s here in disguise and reading us. Lol 

Thank you for replying and for your kind words. ❤️

I know she’s struggling as well, her life has not be easy. And unfortunately she has been apart from us because of some fake fans. I know she still love us, but it’s good for her to stay away from social media. 

This is such a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing. 

Gaga has helped me a lot for my mental health and for that I can never thank her enough. She has taught me that being my own unapologetic self is not something I should be ashamed of, and that every feeling and emotion I have is valid. She has helped me through situations where I wanted to just die. 

People don't understand that her music is not just music, for some of us, it is so much more.

1 hour ago, dafniye said:

Gaga has helped me a lot for my mental health and for that I can never thank her enough. She has taught me that being my own unapologetic self is not something I should be ashamed of, and that every feeling and emotion I have is valid. She has helped me through situations where I wanted to just die. 

People don't understand that her music is not just music, for some of us, it is so much more.

She's unique 🤍 I completely agree with you. It's not just music and she's not just an artist.

38 minutes ago, gia said:

She's unique 🤍 I completely agree with you. It's not just music and she's not just an artist.

I guess only monsters can understand what other monsters are trying to say ❤️

7 hours ago, dafniye said:

Thank you for sharing your story as well. Gaga is more than a singer and songwriter. She has done so much for us and other people. She will keep going with supporting others. She’s a role model to all of us. 

5 hours ago, gia said:

Exactly she’s completely unique. 

3 hours ago, tony said:

Thank you for sharing your story as well. Gaga is more than a singer and songwriter. She has done so much for us and other people. She will keep going with supporting others. She’s a role model to all of us. 

Exactly she’s completely unique. 

Of course! Thanks for reading ❤️

• Love 1