A Safe Place To Rant!

godofchromatica

• ★ Senior Moderator
9 hours ago, dafniye said:

I'm very frustrated for gaga. Y'all might have probably seen the 'video' circulating around todag from a couple of days ago, and it saddens me that she clearly wanted privacy yet some disrespectful people still got a chance to video her and now it's all over the internet.

Maybe it was to protect her from getting COVID. Because In the video you can see se was dressed very normal. 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

1 hour ago, tony said:

Maybe it was to protect her from getting COVID. Because In the video you can see se was dressed very normal. 

I don't think so. She came to the hotel without those precautions. She did look a bit down there and Natali? (I presume) hugged her too. I just think it was rude. She was going through a lot during that time and the media should have respected that. 

• ★ Senior Moderator
5 hours ago, dafniye said:

I don't think so. She came to the hotel without those precautions. She did look a bit down there and Natali? (I presume) hugged her too. I just think it was rude. She was going through a lot during that time and the media should have respected that. 

You know how the paparazzi are. They’ll always get a way to take pictures or record videos. 

2 hours ago, tony said:

You know how the paparazzi are. They’ll always get a way to take pictures or record videos. 

Yeah. Makes me really sad for her. Poor woman can't have an ounce of a normal day

• ★ Senior Moderator
10 hours ago, dafniye said:

Yeah. Makes me really sad for her. Poor woman can't have an ounce of a normal day

That’s why many celebrities have spoken about this situation, it’s sad because they just want privacy. 

And being a paparazzi it’s just a horrible work. I can’t imagine celebrating getting anxious when they see one 

6 hours ago, tony said:

That’s why many celebrities have spoken about this situation, it’s sad because they just want privacy. 

And being a paparazzi it’s just a horrible work. I can’t imagine celebrating getting anxious when they see one 

Yeah. I understand that most celebrities / artist sometimes stay relevant because of the same paparazzi, but it should be consensual and with limits. They cross limits and do horrendous deeds. 

• 4 weeks later...

My father is constantly controlling the way I dress. I don't dress provocatively at all. I mostly wear trousers/leggings and t-shirts that reach my lower back or sometimes my thighs. He tells me to not wear this outside, change before doing that and/or scolds me. I feel so awful after that and it just makes me sad. I never wear anything revealing, just some leggings which may define the shape of my legs, but that's it. Those too are a bit loose and not that tight. I don't know what to do with this and he makes me very angry. 

43 minutes ago, dafniye said:

My father is constantly controlling the way I dress. I don't dress provocatively at all. I mostly wear trousers/leggings and t-shirts that reach my lower back or sometimes my thighs. He tells me to not wear this outside, change before doing that and/or scolds me. I feel so awful after that and it just makes me sad. I never wear anything revealing, just some leggings which may define the shape of my legs, but that's it. Those too are a bit loose and not that tight. I don't know what to do with this and he makes me very angry. 

I'm sorry for you. Don't feel awful about it , it must be very frustrating for you but I'm sure you're looking great  , you just don't have the same taste or opinion. I don't have advice because sometimes the thing you can do is just be brave and wait until you are free and independent so you can have the possibility to Express yourself more.  Be brave and strong ❤

• Love 1

• ★ Moderator
On 3/25/2021 at 11:59 PM, dafniye said:

Aww love 💜 first off i love you bestie 🥺. Never ever change the way you are, i used to be a rebel child and in that way my parents learned like not to comment or mess with stuffs i like or into (it sounds bad i know 😭) but it helped me. Im not asking you to be a rebel of course but just hang in there, your time will come when you can finally be free and yourself, keep hope that the day will come. Im sorry i dont have much advice but we are here for you eitheir way. 💜🧡💖💘

• Love 1

On 3/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, Adeline said:

I'm sorry for you. Don't feel awful about it , it must be very frustrating for you but I'm sure you're looking great  , you just don't have the same taste or opinion. I don't have advice because sometimes the thing you can do is just be brave and wait until you are free and independent so you can have the possibility to Express yourself more.  Be brave and strong ❤

Thank you. Your words are enough. I appreciate them a lot ❤️

2 hours ago, Ray said:

Aww love 💜 first off i love you bestie 🥺. Never ever change the way you are, i used to be a rebel child and in that way my parents learned like not to comment or mess with stuffs i like or into (it sounds bad i know 😭) but it helped me. Im not asking you to be a rebel of course but just hang in there, your time will come when you can finally be free and yourself, keep hope that the day will come. Im sorry i dont have much advice but we are here for you eitheir way. 💜🧡💖💘

I love you too! 

I'm not going to change, don't worry. It's one of the many topics we argue on and he constantly scolds me on, so if it's still going then that means I'm holding my ground. That's what's keeping me going, the thought of freedom. Thank you for being here ❤️ it was a good feeling to get that off my chest. 

• ★ Moderator
12 hours ago, dafniye said:

Thank you. Your words are enough. I appreciate them a lot ❤️

I love you too! 

I'm not going to change, don't worry. It's one of the many topics we argue on and he constantly scolds me on, so if it's still going then that means I'm holding my ground. That's what's keeping me going, the thought of freedom. Thank you for being here ❤️ it was a good feeling to get that off my chest. 

Always bestie, happy that you choose to stay your ground. Youre strong ❤

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. So.... What I want to say is that I'm beyond excited that I enrolled in design school and all and obviously I'm grateful, but there's something that's not past me and that is the fact that they kind of overwork the students. Maybe I'm not using a credible verb here, but yeah they basically give us so many assignments and you have to be RIGHT ON TIME and although the lectures aren't that lenghty (they kinda are though to be honest), it's super dumb because I literally dedicate all my life to studies at this point plus as I said the assignments that come afterwards are tortoruous. And I also have to freaking do regular school as a bonus. Good thing I'm only having exams and not showing up in classes. So... yeah. There's that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so mentally tired and my brother and father keep contributing to my exhaustion. Today at my house we had a big dinner party for my father's friends and spent all day cooking and preparing well, I was also fasting as I am a muslim (where we don't eat or drink anything from dawn til dusk). I spent hours cooking up stuff while I was thirsty and now just after it was done my father came and told my brother that if he wanted to invite his friends he can invite them over for dinner the same way in a day or two again??? Like we (my sisters and I) specifically told my father and brother to invite my brother's friends too today if he wanted to, because we couldn't prepare a dinner that big again. They didn't listen and now I'm so mfing angry. And the thing is, they didn't even ask us if that was convenient for us or not. They just discuss it themselves??? It's us who cooks and prepares everything and they didn't even bother concerning us with it. 

I can't wait to get out of here

So.. here it goes 

I've been struggling a lot with my own thoughts recently. I've suffered from anxiety since I was 4 (diagnosed), and even tho it has been really hard to make friends, mantain relationships, and just handle things that for most ppl are easy to handle, let's just say it was something I could live with. However, since last year not only my anxiety has been affecting me but I started to feel really depressed, lots of intrusive thoughts (specially suicidal thoughts). Also, for a few years i've been having health issues, and my mental state since last year just made everything worse. It's like a vicious cicle, I get sick so I get depressed, and I get depressed because I'm sick. I don't wanna go into much detail because I I don't feel comfortable, but this health issue really fcks up with my confidence, I feel so ugly, so disgusting, I hate looking myself in the mirror. I've been trying to explain my mom how I feel but she doesn't understand. I do have a very good relationship with my mom (the only family member I have a good relationship tbh), but everytime the thing about my health comes up she just tells me to change my mindset like it was that easy... I'm trying but I feel so frustrated, I just want this hell to be over.

I have a lot going on right now, at home, at work, the fact I can't study anymore.. But at the end of the day struggling with my own thoughts feels even worse, I feel so tired and restless, today I had one of the worst breakdowns ever, I spent the whole day crying, I'm so tired. 

I think this is the first time I actually talk about the whole thing, I haven't told anyone how I feel, so yeah, that was my rant ig

• ★ Senior Moderator

Just as dafniye, I'm mentally tired as well, and it’s my mom that keeps contributing to my anxiety and exhaustion. I feel bad talking about my mother, but I think I can just express how I fell. She scolded me yesterday for how I walk, the way I eat and the way I express myself, I didn't say anything to her but inside I was very sad and upset. Also she is having a very negative attitude at home. I already accepted the reality that she would never accept me because of the way I am. 

21 hours ago, Tony said:

Just as dafniye, I'm mentally tired as well, and it’s my mom that keeps contributing to my anxiety and exhaustion. I feel bad talking about my mother, but I think I can just express how I fell. She scolded me yesterday for how I walk, the way I eat and the way I express myself, I didn't say anything to her but inside I was very sad and upset. Also she is having a very negative attitude at home. I already accepted the reality that she would never accept me because of the way I am. 

I know about the guilt. Sometimes you don't want to think that way because they're your parents, but then it keeps eating you up on the inside. My home is such a toxic place literally a day doesn't go by without a fight and I'm so tired because of it. Thos constant negativity is making me negative and I don't want myself to become like them. 

Your mother might not be able to accept you for who you are, because that's the reality. I can never expect that from my parents as well. And that hurts, it surely does. But the better thing to do is to come to terms with that rather than keep expecting acceptance from them because that's only going to hurt us later when they don't meet our expectations of just letting us be who we are. 

• ★ Senior Moderator
1 hour ago, dafniye said:

I know about the guilt. Sometimes you don't want to think that way because they're your parents, but then it keeps eating you up on the inside. My home is such a toxic place literally a day doesn't go by without a fight and I'm so tired because of it. Thos constant negativity is making me negative and I don't want myself to become like them. 

Your mother might not be able to accept you for who you are, because that's the reality. I can never expect that from my parents as well. And that hurts, it surely does. But the better thing to do is to come to terms with that rather than keep expecting acceptance from them because that's only going to hurt us later when they don't meet our expectations of just letting us be who we are. 

You're right. In fact, I am already aware that they will never accept who I am, but I cannot force them to do so. It is difficult but there is no other way. The important thing is to love yourself because self-love is always important in order to be happy.

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

You're right. In fact, I am already aware that they will never accept who I am, but I cannot force them to do so. It is difficult but there is no other way. The important thing is to love yourself because self-love is always important in order to be happy.

Sometimes family isn't what you wish them to be and that's okay. I'm happy that you have accepted yourself. You'll always have your own back and other than that, we're here for you. So don't ever feel dejected <3

• ★ Senior Moderator
2 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Sometimes family isn't what you wish them to be and that's okay. I'm happy that you have accepted yourself. You'll always have your own back and other than that, we're here for you. So don't ever feel dejected <3

Just like Gaga used to say in the monster ball tour; “Even if the whole world turns their back on you, you will always have yourself.”

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Just like Gaga used to say in the monster ball tour; “Even if the whole world turns their back on you, you will always have yourself.”

That's the exact quote I had in my mind when I was writing that. Funny, how she's always embedded in our minds like she's a permanent part of us

• ★ Senior Moderator
1 minute ago, dafniye said:

Funny, how she's always embedded in our minds like she's a permanent part of us

As she should. That’s why I love this woman. She has thought me to love and embrace myself. Nobody else has ever thought me to do that. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

As she should. That’s why I love this woman. She has thought me to love and embrace myself. Nobody else has ever thought me to do that. 

When people question me why I love her, I run out of words to explain that she just didn't show me how to love her and other people, but she also taught me to love myself first and foremost. And I don't think many people have the power to do that. 

Anyway, I think we're detouring from the topic a bit lol I don't want us to get in trouble. 

• ★ Senior Moderator
1 minute ago, dafniye said:

When people question me why I love her, I run out of words to explain that she just didn't show me how to love her and other people, but she also taught me to love myself first and foremost. And I don't think many people have the power to do that. 

Anyway, I think we're detouring from the topic a bit lol I don't want us to get in trouble. 

Let’s rant Gaga! Hahahahaha just kidding. Yes, let’s move From this topic. 

• 1 month later...
  • ★ Senior Moderator

I have to rant myself! Hahahaha I hate myself when I do things that I shouldn’t have done. Hahahahhaa but you know, everyone makes mistakes and you just have to learn from them. It’s never the end, you can start over 

On 6/13/2021 at 8:52 PM, Tony said:

I have to rant myself! Hahahaha I hate myself when I do things that I shouldn’t have done. Hahahahhaa but you know, everyone makes mistakes and you just have to learn from them. It’s never the end, you can start over 

Sometimes I feel exactly the same way, and beat myself up over regret. What always helps me is telling myself, "it happened, and there's nothing I can do to change that. I made a mistake, and I have to keep moving," and eventually I can move on. Just like Gaga always says - radical acceptance. And just like u said, you need to learn from it and start over, and keep going. Hope ur feeling better! ❤️