Hello I’m a graphic designer I applied for a lot of jobs during the pandemic process, but I did not get positive results.I could not find a job even though I had been educated for this job for years.I started to question myself and started to affect my mental health because it upset me so I hope I can find a job soon because I do not want my creativity to be blunt and I need money on these days only thing is give me hope is Lady Gaga Thank you for reading and sorry for my english if ı write something wrong

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know some of you goes have a lot to rant about so this is a place to let it go, just let go of all the anger in a comment and people might relate to you. also this is mostly for mental health rants, but other stuff are allowed too  

So, some of you may remember my other thread where I talked about difficulties I was facing with my work. Turns out, starting this weekend I'll start looking for another job.  It's one thing doubting yourself, but having your boss picking fights with you just because she doesn't like that you're working from home (WHEN THE GOVERNEMENT EXPLICITLY SAID TO DO SO) is NOT OKAY.  I'm so done with it. It'll probably be the same elsewhere (I work in graphic design, this isn't a really "people"

Yes. Leave that job. You don’t need to work for people like your boss. They don’t really care about thirty employees, they only are about themselves and that’s not right.  Being in a toxic environment like that is not good for you. So it’s a great decision if you’re planning to quit there.  Good luck my dear. ✨

Posted Images

Hi! Dont worry dear 💙 this pandemic caused a lot of hardship for so many people (including me), but as soon as all this will get over, I hope you will find an amazing job. And please never question your art and creativity. Its your own. No one, not even hard times can tell u that's it's not good enough. Art is never wasted. Do not worry. Maybe you can look for some part time job for a while until this virus cools down more.

And please Just believe in the universe and be grateful for whatever and whoever u have with u right now. Universe will grant all your wishes💙  And even if the whole world leaves you, u will still have yourself. Sending love and Prayers 🙏

Paws up!

I know some of you goes have a lot to rant about so this is a place to let it go, just let go of all the anger in a comment and people might relate to you.

also this is mostly for mental health rants, but other stuff are allowed too

• Annoyed 1
32 minutes ago, danieldubla said:

I know some of you goes have a lot to rant about so this is a place to let it go, just let go of all the anger in a comment and people might relate to you.

also this is mostly for mental health rants, but other stuff are allowed too

38 minutes ago, Anant P said:

Hi! Dont worry dear 💙 this pandemic caused a lot of hardship for so many people (including me), but as soon as all this will get over, I hope you will find an amazing job. And please never question your art and creativity. Its your own. No one, not even hard times can tell u that's it's not good enough. Art is never wasted. Do not worry. Maybe you can look for some part time job for a while until this virus cools down more.

And please Just believe in the universe and be grateful for whatever and whoever u have with u right now. Universe will grant all your wishes💙  And even if the whole world leaves you, u will still have yourself. Sending love and Prayers 🙏

Paws up!

Thank you so much 💓

If this is a place to rant, I am about to open my emotional floodgates. With the pandemic, I have been staying with my parents and my two sisters. It has been AMAZING to have people to be with when so many are dealing with issues by themselves this year, but we do have lots of drama between each other. Most of it has to do with masks and social distancing. Both my parents are Republicans, although my Mom is kind of an Independent (Voted for Obama in 2008), and they don't seem to care about health guidelines. They host parties and go out to eat constantly, even with increasing cases in our area and a large elderly population. Even worse, my Dad travels constantly and works with many old people. In comparison, I am very careful and attempt to social distance as much as possible. I avoid eating out to protect our service workers, and instead order in when I have the chance. It is just very stressful because I feel helpless in my efforts, as they are very likely to get Covid due to their lifestyle and spread it to me. So I now have feelings of anger and resentment, as I now constantly think "What is the point of trying".  Thanks for letting me rant, don't know how to end this though. Feel free to respond. Lots of Love, Brody.

23 hours ago, godofchromatica said:

Hello I’m a graphic designer I applied for a lot of jobs during the pandemic process, but I did not get positive results.I could not find a job even though I had been educated for this job for years.I started to question myself and started to affect my mental health because it upset me so I hope I can find a job soon because I do not want my creativity to be blunt and I need money on these days only thing is give me hope is Lady Gaga Thank you for reading and sorry for my english if ı write something wrong

I’m sorry to hear your struggles... These are really bad times to be alive 😔

I compare my narrative to others. Even though I have finished college and done so many amazing things, I cannot stop comparing my timeline to the ones who surround me, so I usually feel bad because I realize I am not "the best", even though I should feel grateful because of all the incredible things I have (such as health, family, and friends).

On 1/23/2021 at 2:39 PM, godofchromatica said:

Don’t worry, you’re not the only one, I’m a lawyer, and I haven’t found any job at the moment. All is not lost, you’ll find the right job for you. Don’t give up. 

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

On 1/23/2021 at 11:39 PM, godofchromatica said:

I'm so sorry that you are struggling. This pandemic has been hard for so many people, so you're not alone ❤️

All of this will be over soon and I hope that you'll find a great job with a good pay where you will be able to show your creativity. Don't give up. We're all here for you and we're rooting for you! ❤️❤️

So, some of you may remember my other thread where I talked about difficulties I was facing with my work. Turns out, starting this weekend I'll start looking for another job. 

It's one thing doubting yourself, but having your boss picking fights with you just because she doesn't like that you're working from home (WHEN THE GOVERNEMENT EXPLICITLY SAID TO DO SO) is NOT OKAY. 

I'm so done with it. It'll probably be the same elsewhere (I work in graphic design, this isn't a really "people" friendly environnement, it's all about the money and profit.) but this is just too toxic.

• TEA 1
On 2/12/2021 at 12:46 PM, Leography said:

So, some of you may remember my other thread where I talked about difficulties I was facing with my work. Turns out, starting this weekend I'll start looking for another job. 

It's one thing doubting yourself, but having your boss picking fights with you just because she doesn't like that you're working from home (WHEN THE GOVERNEMENT EXPLICITLY SAID TO DO SO) is NOT OKAY. 

I'm so done with it. It'll probably be the same elsewhere (I work in graphic design, this isn't a really "people" friendly environnement, it's all about the money and profit.) but this is just too toxic.

Yes. Leave that job. You don’t need to work for people like your boss. They don’t really care about thirty employees, they only are about themselves and that’s not right. 

Being in a toxic environment like that is not good for you. So it’s a great decision if you’re planning to quit there. 

Good luck my dear.

• Love 1

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

• ★ Administrator
On 2/12/2021 at 7:46 PM, Leography said:

Why dont you just start working as freelancers Leo? There are tons of websites onlines that are hiring designers

On 1/23/2021 at 9:39 PM, godofchromatica said:

Well, I'm pretty late, but anyway....You don't have to worry about not getting positive results from employers or not getting any calls at all, it doesn't mean that you are not good enough on your job. I've sent tons of CVs in the last few months and nobody has ever contacted me back, but who cares, just keep doing it, sooner or later I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for!
I know it can be frustrating, it really is, especially in a time like this. I am looking for a job in the tourism industry and well, that's one of the worst at the moment cause nobody's traveling 🙄
Your creativity won't go away! You can do your work and express your creativity at home for fun, to keep yourself busy. I know it's a difficult situation right now, but my advice for you is to keep looking for a job as a graphic designer, and in the meantime looking for a different job that might be easier to get. I'm working at the grocery store right now, to keep myself busy during this pandemic, so I can earn money while I look for a better job. Grocery stores will always remain open, so that's a good place to work. I get this job through an employment agency, which also might be helpful.
You decide, but don't give up 😊

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Matt said:

Why dont you just start working as freelancers Leo? There are tons of websites onlines that are hiring designers

I'm 100% not skilled enough to work as a freelancer :( plus as long as i'm paying my student loan, I'd rather have a safe monthly income... Hopefully in a few year I'll be good and stable enough financially to do it!

2 hours ago, Leography said:

I'm 100% not skilled enough to work as a freelancer :( plus as long as i'm paying my student loan, I'd rather have a safe monthly income... Hopefully in a few year I'll be good and stable enough financially to do it!

Can't you try to do it WHILE working for someone else? Would it be too time-consuming?

Maybe you are skilled enough... but you don't believe in your abilities! Maybe you should give it a shot! :)

2 hours ago, gia said:

Can't you try to do it WHILE working for someone else? Would it be too time-consuming?

Maybe you are skilled enough... but you don't believe in your abilities! Maybe you should give it a shot! :)

I definitively can't do both, my regular hours are crazy as they are 😭 

My agency often work with freelance designer, and I know for a fact that I'm not there yet. Hopefully I will one day, but I still have too much to learn before I can offer anything good on my own!

On 2/16/2021 at 8:13 PM, Giulia Monster said:

Well, I'm pretty late, but anyway....You don't have to worry about not getting positive results from employers or not getting any calls at all, it doesn't mean that you are not good enough on your job. I've sent tons of CVs in the last few months and nobody has ever contacted me back, but who cares, just keep doing it, sooner or later I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for!
I know it can be frustrating, it really is, especially in a time like this. I am looking for a job in the tourism industry and well, that's one of the worst at the moment cause nobody's traveling 🙄
Your creativity won't go away! You can do your work and express your creativity at home for fun, to keep yourself busy. I know it's a difficult situation right now, but my advice for you is to keep looking for a job as a graphic designer, and in the meantime looking for a different job that might be easier to get. I'm working at the grocery store right now, to keep myself busy during this pandemic, so I can earn money while I look for a better job. Grocery stores will always remain open, so that's a good place to work. I get this job through an employment agency, which also might be helpful.
You decide, but don't give up 😊

Thank you ı started my new work 1 week ago 

On 1/23/2021 at 8:39 PM, godofchromatica said:

Don't give up. I'm also an artist so I know how hard it is. I believe in you. You will find a job and I'm sure your dreams will come true.