Ideas for Self Love, Care & Acceptance

I still struggle with self love and care tbh but what I do is mostly watch gaga perform or an interview or just listen to  c2c while being in the bath it honestly is very relaxing for me

15 minutes ago, Judas said:

Does anybody else here use art to relax and de-stress? My acrylic paint never lets me down! It's one of my ways for self care

Im badddd at drawing and painting😭to relax I just listen  to music or I listen to c2c sometimes while being in the bath its relaxing for me so dont laugh pls😂😭

1 hour ago, taygerm said:

And don't forget to eat healthy!

Yesss the most important thing

Also stay hydrated and stay in shape and try to move à bit even if its only 20 minutes à day

On 2/14/2021 at 7:18 AM, devillenter said:

I have recently discovered that exercise improves my mood, plus it improves my physique, which is an added bonus

Yess I've been working out for a few weeks already and I feel way more active and healthier and not as lazy and tired as I used to be

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A long bath with candles, book and music is my idea of self care evening. Or morning. Or afternoon. It depends. 😆

I definitely recommend it! 

I have recently discovered that exercise improves my mood, plus it improves my physique, which is an added bonus

23 minutes ago, Judas said:

Does anybody else here use art to relax and de-stress? My acrylic paint never lets me down! It's one of my ways for self care

I love to write and do some sketches to relax but reading is the best way to reduce stress if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

I love to write and do some sketches to relax but reading is the best way to reduce stress if you ask me.

i love to read as well! my favourite book is coraline, it’s my comfort book. i love the story so much and it makes me so happy :)

15 minutes ago, Gagas_artpoptech said:

I still struggle with self love and care tbh but what I do is mostly watch gaga perform or an interview or just listen to  c2c while being in the bath it honestly is very relaxing for me

Im badddd at drawing and painting😭to relax I just listen  to music or I listen to c2c sometimes while being in the bath its relaxing for me so dont laugh pls😂😭

Yesss the most important thing

Also stay hydrated and stay in shape and try to move à bit even if its only 20 minutes à day

Yess I've been working out for a few weeks already and I feel way more active and healthier and not as lazy and tired as I used to be

it’s okay lolll! you don’t have to be good at drawing though, sometimes i just paint random shapes, i hate the end product but it’s still fun 😁

It might sound a little weird but for those of you who might feel low sometimes just know that feeding the street animal around you is such a good therapy... I love feeding the birds on my street, it’s such an undescribable feeling...

25 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

It might sound a little weird but for those of you who might feel low sometimes just know that feeding the street animal around you is such a good therapy... I love feeding the birds on my street, it’s such an undescribable feeling...

I often play and feed the stray cats around my place and I can agree with you, it's very calming and relaxing. Animals are such beautiful creatures, especially cats ❤️

One thing that helps me to accept myself more is when I'm having negative thoughts, I think that I wouldn't want to say that to, say, my best friend, my sisters, my mother, or any other person I love. So i shouldn't say that to myself either.

Thought I would share ❤️

48 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

that’s a good idea, i might try

Also, self care doesn't always have to be something extravagant and going to spas and stuff. 

Brushing your teeth and showering after you've been unable to do so for a long time because of depression is self care. 

Being proud of yourself for something you achieved is also self care. 

Eating food little by little if you suffer from an ED is also self care. 

So don't let those online posts fool you into thinking that self care only means big things or things involving money. Doing what brings you a step towards your goal is also self care <3

On 1/24/2021 at 9:40 AM, Adeline said:

I think the best way to taking care of yourself is to listen to your heart and mind about what you want and what you dont want to do. Trust your inner instinct 💕 

And maybe find someone who understands you to talk and help.

Yes, always try to talk to someone if you need help

11 hours ago, dafniye said:

Also, self care doesn't always have to be something extravagant and going to spas and stuff. 

Brushing your teeth and showering after you've been unable to do so for a long time because of depression is self care. 

So don't let those online posts fool you into thinking that self care only means big things or things involving money. Doing what brings you a step towards your goal is also self care <3

This is so poetic and beautiful!

11 hours ago, dafniye said:

Yes this is so important to know. Doing small things are so important and will help you so much. 

Just wanted to come here to say that if you're feeling down, I suggest cleaning your room.

i know it's a simple thing but it really lifts your mental health and it's good to be in a comfortable environment 

hope this helps at least one person today :)

13 minutes ago, chimera2.0 said:

This is so poetic and beautiful!

Aww thank you ❤️ glad you enjoyed it. 

11 minutes ago, Judas said:

Yes this is so important to know. Doing small things are so important and will help you so much. 

Just wanted to come here to say that if you're feeling down, I suggest cleaning your room.

i know it's a simple thing but it really lifts your mental health and it's good to be in a comfortable environment 

hope this helps at least one person today :)

Yessss! Cleaning my room brings me so much serotonin. I always make my bed or clean my drawer when I have been depressed and want to feel a little organized. 

8 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Yessss! Cleaning my room brings me so much serotonin. I always make my bed or clean my drawer when I have been depressed and want to feel a little organized. 

Yes!! i always make my bed in the morning for a good start to the day. And i love rearranging my room

14 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Maybe I should start doing this. I'm very lazy when it comes to cleaning.

1 minute ago, chimera2.0 said:

Yeah you should! Just do little by little. Make you bed one day, clean your bedside table the next, empty your trash the next. It will bring you some sort of satisfaction because you would have done something productive, even if it's little. 

2 hours ago, chimera2.0 said:

you should do it! cleaning is so good for my mind 

2 hours ago, dafniye said:

Yeah you should! Just do little by little. Make you bed one day, clean your bedside table the next, empty your trash the next. It will bring you some sort of satisfaction because you would have done something productive, even if it's little. 

1 minute ago, Judas said:

you should do it! cleaning is so good for my mind 

Thank you for the advice. I think the problem is that not only do I dislike cleaning up but I also put things everywhere. After organizing things I will soon make a mess again after using it. Maybe I should get rid of unnecessary things first. 

Just now, chimera2.0 said:

Thank you for the advice. I think the problem is that not only do I dislike cleaning up but I also put things everywhere. After organizing things I will soon make a mess again after using it. Maybe I should get rid of unnecessary things first. 

yeah maybe you could do a de clutter of the unnecessary things in your room

15 minutes ago, chimera2.0 said:

Yeah it's better to get rid of non useful stuff first so that you'll have more space too.