Ideas for Self Love, Care & Acceptance

Leifyylouu

Self love, Care & Acceptance can be extremely hard for any individual! However this topic is for everyone to place idea or helpful tips or messages of love, care and acceptance! A place to look if a little monster is feeling like they need a little pick me up!! 🧚🏻‍♀️ #Kindnesspunks! Remember you are essential and you do matter 💕

• Thanks 1

• Matt changed the title to Ideas for Self Love, Care & Acceptance

The first step for me to take care of myself  is taking care of others around me, some may say it’s the other way around. But I feel like the joy that helping others brings, inspires me to treat myself the same way... If anyone is having a hard time, just remember that if you don’t think you matter there is always someone who is in need of your help. 

I think the best way to taking care of yourself is to listen to your heart and mind about what you want and what you dont want to do. Trust your inner instinct 💕 

And maybe find someone who understands you to talk and help.

Just now, godofchromatica said:

My best way to take care of myself listen to gaga she really give me the good energy all time of my life

She helps me a lot too. The second I listen to her I'm feeling better. Instantly,  its amazing,  god bless her ❤

6 hours ago, Tan Nazlı said:

I am trying to become the person I would admire each day... That keeps me going, and helps me through dark times...

That's nice I am so happy for you

9 hours ago, Tan Nazlı said:

The first step for me to take care of myself  is taking care of others around me, some may say it’s the other way around. But I feel like the joy that helping others brings, inspires me to treat myself the same way... If anyone is having a hard time, just remember that if you don’t think you matter there is always someone who is in need of your help. 

I think the same way that you think if the people around me feels happy I feel happy I feel like making other people happy is my duty 😂

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Mert said:

That's nice I am so happy for you

I think the same way that you think if the people around me feels happy I feel happy I feel like making other people happy is my duty 😂

I feel like it’s my joy rather than my duty... 

Every day I try to spend at least 1 hour with myself. Sometimes I meditate, other times I listen to music and dance by myself 😂, otherwise I have some wine... but having quality time by myself makes me feel so much better. It's nice to have some me-time and take care of oneself, don't forget to love yourselves 🤍

• Love 1

8 hours ago, gia said:

Every day I try to spend at least 1 hour with myself. Sometimes I meditate, other times I listen to music and dance by myself 😂, otherwise I have some wine... but having quality time by myself makes me feel so much better. It's nice to have some me-time and take care of oneself, don't forget to love yourselves 🤍

That' sounds nice on the other hand wine part is much nicer lol 

Being able to spend some time with yourself must be great I am so happy for you

• Love 1

I agree with @gia, alone time is the best. I know it's really bad for the planet, but my favorite way to do it is to take a warm bath. I'm constantly overthinking things ans doubting myself, but the second I'm in the water, I can turn off my brain and just focus on the sensations. Water always had that effect on me.

• Love 1

On 1/24/2021 at 11:26 PM, gia said:

Love yourself today cause baby you were born this way 💓

I do believe it is very important to give yourself a round of applause every time you start doing something you did not believe you would be able to achieve. Call it cleaning your room, talking to someone about something traumatic, etc. It is important to know that every day you are working on yourself.

• ★ Senior Moderator

If someone has ideas for acceptance, I’ll be waiting for your responses ❤️ 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

I had to work a lot on acceptance. For me, it wasn't something related to my body or my persona but to my impossibility to accept that things wouldn't go as I had planned them. I think it's ego related but somehow acceptance always is. It took me a while and it's an ongoing work but it actually got much much better. I'm very hard on myself at times but if you manage to step out of the situation and look at what's happening with objectivity, you realise that even if things aren't as you wanted them to be, there can always be something positive. Actually, sometimes what life offers to you is even better than what you wanted it to be! A friend of mine told me something like "when you are on the right path life just flows, if you aren't everything will go against you". I don't think he meant that struggle isn't necessary to accomplish things but sometimes we push ourselves towards the wrong direction.

I don't know what your acceptance is about but, believe me, if you are happy with what you are/have, you are on the right path! Society might makes you feel that there's something "wrong" that needs to be accepted but if you are happy, there's nothing wrong with it!

Sometimes when I need to get grounded I remember this Ted talk (it's short, have a look if you haven't):

As human beings from first/second-world countries we project ourselves into the future. We do everything for what will be to come. We make up our minds and we live more in our minds than in the real life made of actions. I think that acceptance also comes with actions. Once we will be able to free ourselves we will have accepted what we are and what we have 😌

On 1/27/2021 at 4:30 AM, Adrian Rosas said:

I do believe it is very important to give yourself a round of applause every time you start doing something you did not believe you would be able to achieve. Call it cleaning your room, talking to someone about something traumatic, etc. It is important to know that every day you are working on yourself.

That is such a positive approach to this. I like it a lot!

3 hours ago, devillenter said:

A long bath with candles, book and music is my idea of self care evening. Or morning. Or afternoon. It depends. 😆

I need one now! 😍😂

I'm working full time and struggling to have some me-time lately

Also, go on a date with yourself! Sometimes I would go out for a drink just by myself or I would cook something nice, put some music on and enjoy time with myself. Nowadays it's not so easy and safe to go out for dinner but you can always try to cook something and make it special anyway! You don't need anybody to open a bottle of wine (21+), set up a nice table or light a candle.

Just a reminder for anybody who would feel lonely today. Don't forget that Valentine's Day was made just by consumism! (I know, sorry couples out there, I don't want to ruin it for you) You don't need a special day to love somebody and most important thing, you should love yourself every day! Xx