Toxic Friendships

danieldubla

7 minutes ago, chimera2.0 said:

It's terrible, thank God you have overcome that toxic one.

Thank you. It really was terrible. I was made to convince another human being to stay alive for a long time when my own brain was telling me to kill myself. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Thank you. It really was terrible. I was made to convince another human being to stay alive for a long time when my own brain was telling me to kill myself. 

That shouldn't have happened to anyone. Making friends online can be easier and fun but also very risky so be careful when talking online!

On 2/14/2021 at 1:30 PM, artpopulace said:

I used to have toxic friends way back in high school who had some superiority complex due to our school's exclusivity. Whenever I called them out, they gaslight me like I'm some kind of "angel" as they say. I slowly gravitated away from them and I honestly thankful for that. Unfortunately, I also got into a toxic relationship with an ex and still in a toxic relationship with my family. Nevertheless, I try to burn bridges "peacefully," by slowly gravitating away.

Happy to see some of them still grow over the years, even though they have been toxic to me. Still wouldn't want to become friends again but we have been talking casually.

that’s the same with me about burning bridges peacefully. the easiest way out is to distance yourself slowly 

9 hours ago, chimera2.0 said:

That shouldn't have happened to anyone. Making friends online can be easier and fun but also very risky so be careful when talking online!

I totally agree. I was also a bit young back then so didn't have that much knowledge regarding this. Definitely not falling into that again.

5 hours ago, taygerm said:

omgg, I thought we were family (!) :glasses3:

💀💀💀

41 minutes ago, dafniye said:

I totally agree. I was also a bit young back then so didn't have that much knowledge regarding this. Definitely not falling into that again.

💀💀💀

Yes I see. Thank God we can all learn from the past.

2 minutes ago, chimera2.0 said:

Yes I see. Thank God we can all learn from the past.

This is exactly why I'm not in favor of kids having phones and stuff. I was a kid with a phone and it honestly fcked me up real bad. 

10 hours ago, Judas said:

That’s great that you’ll be in the same city!! At least that way you can meet up after school or inbetween class

Yes, it would be much more fun if we can go to the same city but at least we can keep in touch with each others.

6 minutes ago, dafniye said:

This is exactly why I'm not in favor of kids having phones and stuff. I was a kid with a phone and it honestly fcked me up real bad. 

I totally agree

1 minute ago, taygerm said:

I'm a phone addict too and I spend most of the day on the phone

Me too. I don't know if I should laugh at myself or get help. 

It is quite addictive, and I always have to force myself to do other tasks besides using the phone all day. 

1 minute ago, taygerm said:

we gotta get rid of this addiction! 😛

We have to work on a lot of stuff. Especially me. It's a good thing my finals are coming soon. I can say bye to my phone for some time atleast 

On 2/14/2021 at 8:30 PM, artpopulace said:

I used to have toxic friends way back in high school who had some superiority complex due to our school's exclusivity. Whenever I called them out, they gaslight me like I'm some kind of "angel" as they say. I slowly gravitated away from them and I honestly thankful for that. Unfortunately, I also got into a toxic relationship with an ex and still in a toxic relationship with my family. Nevertheless, I try to burn bridges "peacefully," by slowly gravitating away.

Happy to see some of them still grow over the years, even though they have been toxic to me. Still wouldn't want to become friends again but we have been talking casually.

If you can talk back to them it really shows that you have completely overcome it! Congrats.

8 hours ago, chimera2.0 said:

Yes, it would be much more fun if we can go to the same city but at least we can keep in touch with each others.

I totally agree

Well good luck with it! I hope it goes well :)

6 minutes ago, Judas said:

Well good luck with it! I hope it goes well :)

thank you bestie!

2 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Toxic friends are so bad, they can ruin everything that makes you happy.

True! Being with them could be extremely unhealthy and exhausted.

3 minutes ago, dafniye said:

True. It's an addiction and becomes out partial fault too for keeping them. 

It ưould be hard at first because besides all the negativity there're also many good memories with those friends. But keeping these friendship can caused us many harms. 

Just now, chimera2.0 said:

It ưould be hard at first because besides all the negativity there're also many good memories with those friends. But keeping these friendship can caused us many harms. 

Yeah it does get very hard. You also start to feel guilty, and worry about their well-being. 

3 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Yeah it does get very hard. You also start to feel guilty, and worry about their well-being. 

And sometimes after breaking off we would re-engage with them once again. Truly terrible!