Hello everyone, I hope you are okay and healthy. 

I want to bring up this topic for the Mental Health section because it is something that affects a lot of us, and we can feel really sad/depressed about it. 

I've actually recently gotten out of a Toxic Friendship and it put me in a really bad place but I have now recovered and am doing ok, I also know a lot of people who have been/still are in Toxic Friendships and I can see how it effects other people.

So, I want to know if you guys have been through this or if you know someone who was/is affected by a Toxic Friendship. 

• Love 2
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to have toxic friends way back in high school who had some superiority complex due to our school's exclusivity. Whenever I called them out, they gaslight me like I'm some kind of "angel" as they say. I slowly gravitated away from them and I honestly thankful for that. Unfortunately, I also got into a toxic relationship with an ex and still in a toxic relationship with my family. Nevertheless, I try to burn bridges "peacefully," by slowly gravitating away. Happy to see some of them st

Hello everyone, I hope you are okay and healthy.    I want to bring up this topic for the Mental Health section because it is something that affects a lot of us, and we can feel really sad/depressed about it.  I've actually recently gotten out of a Toxic Friendship and it put me in a really bad place but I have now recovered and am doing ok, I also know a lot of people who have been/still are in Toxic Friendships and I can see how it effects other people.   So, I want to kn

Toxic people are the worst thing that can happen to you at school or at work. Because unfortunately we have to spend time with them there. I have many experiences with such people. Unfortunately... But you can cut yourself off from everything when the time is right.

Posted Images

Unfortunately, I think toxic friends are the first reason to ruin someone’s self esteem... That’s we should be very careful of our relationships with friends and how we present ourselves in a social group.

3 minutes ago, godofchromatica said:

I have toxic friends last year too they always make laugh with my gaga love but I took them out of my life

That’s the most annoying thing... I hate people who make other feel insecure about something they love.

8 hours ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Unfortunately, I think toxic friends are the first reason to ruin someone’s self esteem... That’s we should be very careful of our relationships with friends and how we present ourselves in a social group.

That's the best comment I read I had 2 fucking close friends who knew everything about me but in the end they both revealed my all secrets

11 minutes ago, Mert said:

That's the best comment I read I had 2 fucking close friends who knew everything about me but in the end they both revealed my all secrets

Can’t believe thiss... That must be so annoying. Be careful about your friends 🥺 They can be so helpful or they could so harmful! 

On 1/24/2021 at 11:38 AM, Tan Nazlı said:

Unfortunately, I think toxic friends are the first reason to ruin someone’s self esteem... 

Preach it. A lot of drama happened when I was in college with people I thought were my friends, but because of some nasty rumors born of jealousy and lies, I ended up all alone. (I won't get in details since lots of elements of this story are not suitable for a young audience, but it was insane) Probably the darkest time of my life. Luckily I managed to find true friends after that. I know it sounds cliché, but cherish the true friends you have, check on them often, be kind to them. They'll give it back to you and it'll go a long way. I'm nearing my 30's (jesus talk about a dinosaur lmao) and I never had so little friends, but the ones I have? I know it's a ride or die kind of friendship, and they have my back, no matter what, just like I got their. 

Life's too short to spend time, kindness, love and energy on people who don't appreciate it.

Edited by Leography

My only true friend moved on another continent,  it's not the same now. I feel so lonely it's hard for me to make friends because I have a lot of issues and I'm too much,   I feel a lot and I become needy. I have found someone on Twitter recently and she told me yesterday she doesn't want to talk to me anymore because I'm too needy and there is an imbalance.  I'm so depressed right now I'm so alone and overwhelmed I cant breath sometimes 

56 minutes ago, Leography said:

Preach it. A lot of drama happened when I was in college with people I thought were my friends, but because of some nasty rumors born of jealousy and lies, I ended up all alone. (I won't get in details since lots of elements of this story are not suitable for a young audience, but it was insane) Probably the darkest time of my life. Luckily I managed to find true friends after that. I know it sounds cliché, but cherish the true friends you have, check on them often, be kind to them. They'll give it back to you and it'll go a long way. I'm nearing my 30's (jesus talk about a dinosaur lmao) and I never had so little friends, but the ones I have? I know it's a ride or die kind of friendship, and they have my back, no matter what, just like I got their. 

Life's too short to spend time, kindness, love and energy on people who don't appreciate it.

Ending a friendship because of rumours... especially if jealousy is involved might be the biggest waste of a potential. I too experienced that once, it made me lose hope and I still feel affected by that situation.

19 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Ending a friendship because of rumours... especially if jealousy is involved might be the biggest waste of a potential. I too experienced that once, it made me lose hope and I still feel affected by that situation.

Same, it made me feel SO insecure about myself (Not that I was that much confident before, but yeah) and sometimes I'm still brought back to that negative mindset… But we have to focus on the positive on our lives! Hope you'll manage to definitively put that behind you!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Leography said:

Same, it made me feel SO insecure about myself (Not that I was that much confident before, but yeah) and sometimes I'm still brought back to that negative mindset… But we have to focus on the positive on our lives! Hope you'll manage to definitively put that behind you!

Thank you so much 🙏🏼❤️ I wish the best for both of us...

18 hours ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Can’t believe thiss... That must be so annoying. Be careful about your friends 🥺 They can be so helpful or they could so harmful! 

yeah you are right thank to god I have someone who I can trust now and this time I am sure that he will not make me sad ever 

Oh yeah, plenty of times. What I usually do when I realize that I'm starting to befriend someone who I know is not going to be good for my mental health I start detaching from them. I stop sending texts, looking for them, or any other activity. Meaning that we can still be friends but I will place my wall so that person doesn't cross it.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:40 PM, danieldubla said:

Hello everyone, I hope you are okay and healthy. 

I want to bring up this topic for the Mental Health section because it is something that affects a lot of us, and we can feel really sad/depressed about it. 

I've actually recently gotten out of a Toxic Friendship and it put me in a really bad place but I have now recovered and am doing ok, I also know a lot of people who have been/still are in Toxic Friendships and I can see how it effects other people.

So, I want to know if you guys have been through this or if you know someone who was/is affected by a Toxic Friendship

Oh lord. I’ve had some toxic and fake friendships lately. It’s hard to get out of one, because they always blackmail you with "exposing you" and telling everyone intimate things. 
Nowadays, I only have 4 real friends, three of them don’t live in the same place as me, but we are always in touch and try to see each other. 

The most recent toxic friend I left, got mad at me because I didn’t want to work with them, as we are colleges. It’s a long story to tell, but I’m just sure that it was the best decision

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Toxic people are the worst thing that can happen to you at school or at work. Because unfortunately we have to spend time with them there. I have many experiences with such people. Unfortunately... But you can cut yourself off from everything when the time is right.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, devillenter said:

I really regret knowing and spending time with toxic people it was a waste of time. But at the end of the day, it was a Lessing to learn. 

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg