Lady Gaga: “Don’t do it for fame, do it for impact.”

• ★ Senior Moderator

In a recent GarageBand interview, Lady Gaga said something about fame and impact, which is very different from what she said during The Fame and The Fame Monster eras. 

At the end of the interview she said “don’t do it for fame, do it for impact.”. Back in 2019, Gaga tweeted the same quote:

Also, on Fun Tonight she talks about fame; “You love the paparazzi, love the fame. Even though you know it causes me pain.” 

Gaga has evolved during her career. What do you think of her perception of fame now? Let’s discuss!

• Love 2

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

• ★ Moderator
2 minutes ago, Tony said:

In a recent GarageBand interview, Lady Gaga said something about fame and impact, which is very different from what she said during The Fame and The Fame Monster eras. 

At the end of the interview she said “don’t do it for fame, do it for impact.”. Back in 2019, Gaga tweeted the same quote:

Also, on Fun Tonight she talks about fame; “You love the paparazzi, love the fame. Even though you know it causes me pain.” 

Gaga has evolved during her career. What do you think of her perception of fame now? Let’s discuss!

I think its clear she isnt a fan of paparazzi and the spotlight that comes with the fame (or to an extent). With her fame it seems like people around her would only want her or be friends to hop along on the fame wagon (clout chasers basically) .

In Fun Tonight i think shes saying fame is not what she signed up for and it really causes her pain. She did everything cause she wanted to make an impact but fame came together with that.

Im not sure if im making sense but thats how i see it in a way from a different perspective 😵🥴

• Love 1