Toxic Relationships

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing okay and still taking care.     I really want to talk about this topic for the Mental Health section because it is something that affects us, and we can have depression about it.    I’ve never been in a relationship to be honest, but I’ve known people who have been having toxic relationships and feeling so bad about it.    Even a friend of mine tried to kill herself because of his toxic ex-boyfriend. And other friend was very toxic.   

Hello little monsters! I have been through that stuff. Healing is HARD, but possible! My ex boyfriend was emotionally manipulative and mentally abusive. And I was so in love! I thought it was the person of my life. I felt ready to leave everything behind for him and move to the other side of the world. He disrespected me many times. I was alone and very far away from my family and friends. I entered a dark tunnel and couldn't see the light anymore. I was completely dependent on his fee

I don't understand people who can't accept rejection and remain pushy. I'm not talking about suggestive refusal anymore, but sometimes even "no" is not enough of a message for them, meh

4 minutes ago, godofchromatica said:

İts not easy to me 'Cause we were friends for so many years but I couldn't take them to bully me anymore

And you shouldn't accept that anyone bully you . Real friends are loving and careful 

On 1/16/2021 at 4:36 PM, Adeline said:

Oh, that topic gonna shock me up.. I was in a really toxic relationship for years..  it had take me years to feel better and I still have sequels today. It's been more then 10 years now that she left me and I never touched a woman since.

But you should ask for good relationship story instead lol , its gonna be depressing and not helping you to have hope about love lol

I think the people who will truly heal you will find you when you lost your hope... I think it’s the way the universe works... I said the same things once in my life, it hasn’t changed completely maybe but it sure got better.

1 minute ago, Tan Nazlı said:

I think the people who will truly heal you will find you when you lost your hope... I think it’s the way the universe works... I said the same things once in my life, it hasn’t changed completely maybe but it sure got better.

I dont know , I have managed to save me by myself.  I dont count on anybody to help me, I'm always disappointed by people.  I rather be alone. But if you have real people who really care about you its definitely better and easier to found happiness 

28 minutes ago, Adeline said:

I dont know , I have managed to save me by myself.  I dont count on anybody to help me, I'm always disappointed by people.  I rather be alone. But if you have real people who really care about you its definitely better and easier to found happiness 

I’m not saying you should count on others for help but I’m saying that sometimes a scar can only be healed by the one who left it... I’m sure you are doing perfectly fine on your own, but to forget is a hard things.

2 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

I’m not saying you should count on others for help but I’m saying that sometimes a scar can only be healed by the one who left it... 

Your saying that my ex can heal me?  I don't think so lol she literally destroyed me

5 minutes ago, Adeline said:

Your saying that my ex can heal me?  I don't think so lol she literally destroyed me

No what I’m saying is there are people who can fill the place your ex left behind and fix whatever damage he made.

Just now, Tan Nazlı said:

No what I’m saying is there are people who can fill the place your ex left behind and fix whatever damage he made.

Oh yeah,  maybe . I give up s long time ago about that lol

Also there are people who insist on not understanding that you can be alone totally happy... You don’t have to be in a relationship, especially if you have a partner who abuses your feelings...

12 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Also there are people who insist on not understanding that you can be alone totally happy... You don’t have to be in a relationship, especially if you have a partner who abuses your feelings...

I'm single for more than 10 years now and I'm mostly happy like that. Its hard to be alone sometimes but I'm a lonely person so it's better this way because it's to stressful for me to even think about being in a relationship 

Just now, Adeline said:

I'm single for more than 10 years now and I'm mostly happy like that. Its hard to be alone sometimes but I'm a lonely person so it's better this way because it's to stressful for me to even think about being in a relationship 

I completely understand...

1 hour ago, Adeline said:

But it's not that easy sometimes.  Not everyone has the strength to get out of a toxic relationship 

I think everyone can get out of it. It just take strenght and sometimes people around you can make the process harder. You need to choose wisely who to surround yourself with. Also, there's nothing bad about seeking professional help.

I had to hear so many offensive and humiliating things from the person I loved the most in my life. I used to think I would've never got over it but I made it!

6 minutes ago, gia said:

I think everyone can get out of it. It just take strenght and sometimes people around you can make the process harder. You need to choose wisely who to surround yourself with. Also, there's nothing bad about seeking professional help.

I had to hear so many offensive and humiliating things from the person I loved the most in my life. I used to think I would've never got over it but I made it!

Thanks for sharing this, we need people like you to tell these stories... that you can make it through. Much love ❤️🙏🏼

7 minutes ago, gia said:

Well, I couldn't get out of it, I was stuck and alone .I didn't had the strength because she destroyed me so bad that I didn't have any energy left. My luck is she was the one who left me,  I probably still be with her if she hadn't left me , or dead or in prison for harming her.  It was after she left that I found the way to take care of me and went to see a psychologist.

1 minute ago, Adeline said:

Well, I couldn't get out of it, I was stuck and alone .I didn't had the strength because she destroyed me so bad that I didn't have any energy left. My luck is she was the one who left me,  I probably still be with her if she hadn't left me , or dead or in prison for harming her.  It was after she left that I found the way to take care of me and went to see a psychologist.

I understand you. I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm proud of you that you made it 🤍

1 minute ago, gia said:

I understand you. I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm proud of you that you made it 🤍

I'm proud too lol one day something happened and it was the moment of having a choice between suicide or do something to get better.  I was at the bottom of depression and I made the right call 🙂 

I really wish I could help people if I can because it's really hard to explain what's going on in our head and to explain how someone can destroy you just with words and attitude 

Just now, Adeline said:

I'm proud too lol one day something happened and it was the moment of having a choice between suicide or do something to get better.  I was at the bottom of depression and I made the right call 🙂 

I really wish I could help people if I can because it's really hard to explain what's going on in our head and to explain how someone can destroy you just with words and attitude 

It becomes such a strong addition. I felt into a limbo.

Glad you made the right call!

Has anyone ever experienced a friendship where you get to be the person who does all the emotional sacrifice? That’s so hard, especially when you love that friend but are afraid to lose them.

Also imagine those who have abusive parents... I think it is by far the worst thing that can happen to someone. I really wish that every parent in world would put their child’s mental health first.

12 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Has anyone ever experienced a friendship where you get to be the person who does all the emotional sacrifice? That’s so hard, especially when you love that friend but are afraid to lose them.

Oh yeah that too.  I guess its because we are loving person,  we gave to much.  Personally I'm also hypersensitive. I've recently developed an addiction to someone who does not feel the same obviously and she stoped talking to me for other reasons and I feel depressed and empty even more to know that I'm pretty sure she doesn't think about me at all lol

4 minutes ago, Adeline said:

Oh yeah that too.  I guess its because we are loving person,  we gave to much.  Personally I'm also hypersensitive. I've recently developed an addiction to someone who does not feel the same obviously and she stoped talking to me for other reasons and I feel depressed and empty even more to know that I'm pretty sure she doesn't think about me at all lol

Thank you for saying that, I’m sure there are a lot of people who feel like you do... 🙏🏼 I find myself feeling the same way sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Thank you for saying that, I’m sure there are a lot of people who feel like you do... 🙏🏼 I find myself feeling the same way sometimes.

Its comforting to know we are not alone because sometimes I feel like I my brain is not working right lol