Toxic Relationships

Tony

• ★ Senior Moderator

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing okay and still taking care.  

I really want to talk about this topic for the Mental Health section because it is something that affects us, and we can have depression about it. 

I’ve never been in a relationship to be honest, but I’ve known people who have been having toxic relationships and feeling so bad about it. 

Even a friend of mine tried to kill herself because of his toxic ex-boyfriend. And other friend was very toxic. 

So, I want to know if you have been through this or if you know someone whose mental health was or is affected by a toxic relationship. 

• Sad 2

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, tony said:

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing okay and still taking care.  

I really want to talk about this topic for the Mental Health section because it is something that affects us, and we can have depression about it. 

I’ve never been in a relationship to be honest, but I’ve known people who have been having toxic relationships and feeling so bad about it. 

Even a friend of mine tried to kill herself because of his toxic ex-boyfriend. And other friend was very toxic. 

So, I want to know if you have been through this or if you know someone whose mental health was or is affected by a toxic relationship. 

Oh, that topic gonna shock me up.. I was in a really toxic relationship for years..  it had take me years to feel better and I still have sequels today. It's been more then 10 years now that she left me and I never touched a woman since.

But you should ask for good relationship story instead lol , its gonna be depressing and not helping you to have hope about love lol

• ★ Senior Moderator
5 minutes ago, Adeline said:

Oh, that topic gonna shock me up.. I was in a really toxic relationship for years..  it had take me years to feel better and I still have sequels today. It's been more then 10 years now that she left me and I never touched a woman since.

But you should ask for good relationship story instead lol , its gonna be depressing and not helping you to have hope about love lol

I’m so sorry about this. I hope you can recover completely ❤️ You are strong for sharing this with us. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, tony said:

I’m so sorry about this. I hope you can recover completely ❤️ You are strong for sharing this with us. 

I dont think I really will recover. But it give me some strength in a way now because I have lived the worst.  But ilahe left me with less confidence than before and it stays.  Feeling that your not good enough and feeling depressed everytime someone rejects you some how. i could talk about this for hours lol 

Toxic relationships are so dangerous and it's difficult to recover from that. 

One of my friend was in toxic relationship, her ex-boyfriend was crazy and violent.

It was a long distance relationship but he has some influence on her. We said to her to be carefull and that he is toxic but she realised 2 years later and broke up with him. 

She is happy but still didn't totaly recover. 

1 hour ago, Adeline said:

Sending you loves and hopes 💜  I hope one day you will have a happy and healthy relationship.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Loloreanne said:

Toxic relationships are so dangerous and it's difficult to recover from that. 

One of my friend was in toxic relationship, her ex-boyfriend was crazy and violent.

It was a long distance relationship but he has some influence on her. We said to her to be carefull and that he is toxic but she realised 2 years later and broke up with him. 

She is happy but still didn't totaly recover. 

Sending you loves and hopes 💜  I hope one day you will have a happy and healthy relationship.

Thank you ❤  I dont know if I'm gonna be able to ever be in a relationship. It's to hard , I have some trust issues and a lot of anxiety I'm to afraid to meet new people.  It's not all because of my ex but she exacerbated all my initial mental issues. Being alone is safer for me, it's more peaceful but its hard sometimes 

• Love 1

• ★ Senior Moderator
7 hours ago, Adeline said:

I dont think I really will recover. But it give me some strength in a way now because I have lived the worst.  But ilahe left me with less confidence than before and it stays.  Feeling that your not good enough and feeling depressed everytime someone rejects you some how. i could talk about this for hours lol 

If you need to talk, do it. We are here for you ❤️ 

7 hours ago, Loloreanne said:

long distance relationship

Those relationships are one of the most toxic 💔😪

6 hours ago, Adeline said:

Thank you ❤  I dont know if I'm gonna be able to ever be in a relationship. It's to hard , I have some trust issues and a lot of anxiety I'm to afraid to meet new people.  It's not all because of my ex but she exacerbated all my initial mental issues. Being alone is safer for me, it's more peaceful but its hard sometimes 

That’s why I decided to open a discussion here on Mental Health. Because this topic is important.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, tony said:

If you need to talk, do it. We are here for you ❤️ That’s why I decided to open a discussion here on Mental Health. Because this topic is important.

It was a good idea 🙂 , i don't need to talk about it but I can if someone think he is in a toxic relationship and want to talk about it. 

• Love 1

• ★ Senior Moderator
20 hours ago, Adeline said:

It was a good idea 🙂 , i don't need to talk about it but I can if someone think he is in a toxic relationship and want to talk about it. 

Of course! That’s a great thing you can do ❤️

I have never been in  a toxic relationship  and i feel blessed..it can happen to anyone ..and it's so easy to be blind  refusing the bad part of our partner.. I think that sharing this with us is the hardest step  to do and you did it <3   realizing it, is already a victory. your future is ahead of you and the past is the past ..it can't be changed ...but you can start building something stronger  ...now you know . through that toxic relationship  you are getting  tougher now  . the scars will always remain ..but they will remind you that now you are Free  and the best is to come <3 i wish you  much Love much Happiness  ...handle your Life and your Heart with care they are priceless 

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, Marie-Noëlle said:

I have never been in  a toxic relationship  and i feel blessed..it can happen to anyone ..and it's so easy to be blind  refusing the bad part of our partner.. I think that sharing this with us is the hardest step  to do and you did it <3   realizing it, is already a victory. your future is ahead of you and the past is the past ..it can't be changed ...but you can start building something stronger  ...now you know . through that toxic relationship  you are getting  tougher now  . the scars will always remain ..but they will remind you that now you are Free  and the best is to come <3 i wish you  much Love much Happiness  ...handle your Life and your Heart with care they are priceless 

That's really touchfull 🥺 , you're so kind ❤ I learned to protect myself but yes the scars stays I learned to live with it. Yes I'm very free 😁 therapy helped me a lot to accept my responsibilities too, I let it happened in a way because I was so desperate to be loved,  so i stoped fighting and let her do wathever she wants at some point. When she left me it was hard but it was such a relieve,  I could breathe again.  It take times but we can recover with patience and help ❤

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Adeline said:

That's really touchfull 🥺 , you're so kind ❤ I learned to protect myself but yes the scars stays I learned to live with it. Yes I'm very free 😁 therapy helped me a lot to accept my responsibilities too, I let it happened in a way because I was so desperate to be loved,  so i stoped fighting and let her do wathever she wants at some point. When she left me it was hard but it was such a relieve,  I could breathe again.  It take times but we can recover with patience and help ❤

Adeline, you are on the right way and i can tell you that you are very strong  . you can be proud of you and Love , Real Love will find you I promise ..don't look for it it will come to you because you are ready <3 I am so happy  you are free and you will need time to have faith in you, to believe in you , to think  that you deserve to be loved   you are a beautiful soul  and you are Love <3 never never give up. Thank you Adeline <3 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Marie-Noëlle said:

Adeline, you are on the right way and i can tell you that you are very strong  . you can be proud of you and Love , Real Love will find you I promise ..don't look for it it will come to you because you are ready <3 I am so happy  you are free and you will need time to have faith in you, to believe in you , to think  that you deserve to be loved   you are a beautiful soul  and you are Love <3 never never give up. Thank you Adeline <3 

You're gonna make me cry 🥺, you're so sweet.. thank you so much ❤ are you French? 

Edited by Adeline

Yes ! Je vais pas trop parler français ici , cest embêtant pour les autres , mais jen profite par ce que mon anglais est pourri lol pour te remercier proprement par ce que cest vraiment touchant ce que tu m'as dit,  merci ❤ 

Yes! I'm not going to speak too much French here, it's annoying for the others, but I take this opportunity because my English is rotten lol to thank you properly because it is really touching what you said to me, thank you ❤

• Love 1

About toxic relationships... I was with this boy like 2 years ago, and we were cool and stuff (we were also in a distance relationship but we met IRL)

Also, when I wasn't on social media for about half a month because I was busy doing stuff, he literally cheated on me TWO TIMES, excusing himself that I accepted being on an open relationship (when it was a completly lie).

I already have healed all that stuff, because I was literally in a very bad place after knowing this by a lot of people (except him). Being in a toxic relationship it's one of the worst things that someone could live, and a lot of people I know doesn't even know if their relationship is toxic, so it's a little bit worring. 

@AdelineYou are so strong, and I feel happy that you could leave that dark situation. Keep going, you're doing amazing <3

• Thanks 1

Hello little monsters!

I have been through that stuff. Healing is HARD, but possible! My ex boyfriend was emotionally manipulative and mentally abusive. And I was so in love! I thought it was the person of my life. I felt ready to leave everything behind for him and move to the other side of the world. He disrespected me many times.

I was alone and very far away from my family and friends. I entered a dark tunnel and couldn't see the light anymore. I was completely dependent on his feelings. He killed me in many ways.

But you know what? I made it, by myself! And thanks to my friends that even if they were far away and we had many hours of difference, they were always there for me! I'm such a lucky person.

When you learn how to ACCEPT things as they are, you start healing.

If anybody of you is in a similar situation, please feel free to message me, even privately. You are not alone! 🤍

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, notboxes said:

About toxic relationships... I was with this boy like 2 years ago, and we were cool and stuff (we were also in a distance relationship but we met IRL)

Also, when I wasn't on social media for about half a month because I was busy doing stuff, he literally cheated on me TWO TIMES, excusing himself that I accepted being on an open relationship (when it was a completly lie).

I already have healed all that stuff, because I was literally in a very bad place after knowing this by a lot of people (except him). Being in a toxic relationship it's one of the worst things that someone could live, and a lot of people I know doesn't even know if their relationship is toxic, so it's a little bit worring. 

@AdelineYou are so strong, and I feel happy that you could leave that dark situation. Keep going, you're doing amazing <3

Thank you for sharing 😘 when they cheat on you it's so painful and you questioning everything after , " is it my fault , am I good " they should be ashamed.  I was I distance relationship too but she moved with me after a year and a half.

You're strong too , you survive it.  Use your experience to protect yourself ❤ 

10 hours ago, gia said:

Hello little monsters!

I have been through that stuff. Healing is HARD, but possible! My ex boyfriend was emotionally manipulative and mentally abusive. And I was so in love! I thought it was the person of my life.

If anybody of you is in a similar situation, please feel free to message me, even privately. You are not alone! 🤍

Thank you for sharing 😘 

I'm happy to see everyone survived their bad relationship . 

You described exactly my ex lol manipulative,  abusive she killed me too,  inside . Be proud of yourself to have had the strength to fight for your health ❤

Just now, godofchromatica said:

I have so much toxic releationships with my old friends I took it all out of my life and now I'm much happier

Like the proverb said " better to be alone than badly accompanied " . That's my leitmotiv