'Gucci' Movie Discussion

• ★ Administrator

APRIL 8 2020:

The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively reported that MGM is acquiring the rights to Ridley Scott’s Gucci, a true crime drama about the murder of Maurizio Gucci who once served as the head of the iconic fashion house. The media company is said to be in talks with Lady Gaga to star in the production. MGM was given full control to develop the story over Netflix and one other streaming service, partly because it offered the possibility of a theatrical release, which was a key factor in consideration for Ridley Scott, sources say. 

Gaga would return to the silver screen as Patrizia Reggiani, Gucci's ex-wife who was arrested and convicted of arranging the killing of her husband in 1998 after she found out about an affair. The script was developed by Roberto Bentivegna around a book by Sara Gay Forden named The House of Gucci: A Sensational Story of Murder, Madness, Glamour, and Greed, and published in 2001. The book takes the audience behind the scenes of the murder, the motives behind it, the trials and the passions, the power and the complexities of one of the greatest families in fashion. Maurizio Gucci was the grandson of Guccio Gucci, the founder of the eponymous fashion house, and lead the company in a declining period in the 1980s.

The release of the movie currently is set as Nov. 24, 2021. "Nothing typifies bold, audacious originality more than a film by Ridley Scott," says De Luca in a statement. "All of us at MGM are incredibly excited to be in business with Ridley, Giannina, Kevin and the whole team at Scott Free."

DECEMBER 7 2020:

DEADLINE confirms that Jeremy Irons will join the cast. The cast also includes:  Adam Driver, Jared Leto & Al Pacino.

JANUARY 10 2021:

Production Designer of 'Gucci' is in Rome to look for locations for the Movie.

• Love 5

I wonder if she could record the theme song for the film? That would be cool! 

And while my mind is definitively still on Chromatica and I don't have any hype for this yet, I'm VERY happy that she's finally getting a challenging role! She was incredible as Ally, don't get me wrong, but they shared a lot of common ground, so I think with this role we'll finally see her whole range as an actress. But no doubt she'll pull it off just fine! 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Matt said:

If they really pick Rome as location, I'll quit my job to stalk her daily lmao

Dont forget to take pictures lol

I cant wait to see this, the role fits her so badly she's gonna be amazing. I didn't have the occasion to see asib in theater so I'm very exited about this 😁 I hope no one gonna get sick tho .. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Adeline said:

Dont forget to take pictures lol

I cant wait to see this, the role fits her so badly she's gonna be amazing. I didn't have the occasion to see asib in theater so I'm very exited about this 😁 I hope no one gonna get sick tho .. 

ikr, this is gonna be THE movie of 2021

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Leography said:

As you probably seen on social medias, Camille Cottin, an EXCELLENT French Actress will be joining Gaga on Gucci! I can't wait to see her shine internationally! 
radio_-hd49_0.jpg?itok=1YoJTxhV

Yes me too, I really like her  ! !

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Leography said:

As you probably seen on social medias, Camille Cottin, an EXCELLENT French Actress will be joining Gaga on Gucci! I can't wait to see her shine internationally! 
radio_-hd49_0.jpg?itok=1YoJTxhV

I really like her, it surprised me a lot to learn that. Can't sait to see the movie !!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Loloreanne said:

I really like her, it surprised me a lot to learn that. Can't sait to see the movie !!!

Right ? Me too I'm surprised,  but really happy  I like her she's nice. I'm sure they are gonna get along 😍

• Love 2

I am very excited to see Lady Gaga (who is Italian) in this movie. I saw a tweet that said that we should look out for dark hair when Gaga accepts her Grammy (if she wins) because it is around when she is filming the movie. I am just worried about her getting Coronavirus because she has been very careful the past year.

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Is there anyone who plans to watch the movie with fellow little monsters? There’s nothing as much fun as this... I did that when I went to ASIB, it was such a cool experience!

Oh i am really happy for you I could not had that chance for ASIB but for the Gucci movie I am soooo excited 

• Love 1

I can't wait for them to start filming! I hope Gaga will go to Italy 😍 I'll stalker her around :lol:

On 1/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, Matt said:

If they really pick Rome as location, I'll quit my job to stalk her daily lmao

Let's do that together  :hot:

5 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

Can't wait for Gaga to come to Italy :cute: I'm super excited!!! Hopefully she'll be invited in some tv programs as well! :oscar2:

You got me over excited now haha I miss our Italian babe

• Tony unpinned this topic