Chromatica Era Discussion

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and prayers 🙏

I don’t think so. Recording Gucci movie is coming and I don’t think there can be more of chromatica. I don’t believe the rumor that the Babylon video was already recorded. So this era it’s over for me. And it makes me kind of sad. The last thing I expect is a performance on BLACKPINK’s THE SHOW.    I think I’m the only one who enjoys the singles on tours 😭💔  THIS! She even said on the Apple Music Interlude that she wasn’t feeling good during recording sessions, that was bloodpop

visuals = some of her best - SL MV could've been better with outfits but still solid and loved the concept - rom and 911 flawless Album = such a fun album that i think is better listened to over speakers - I do think it could've been a lot more smoother and less noisy in places as well as sounding fresher - i think they could've released a better lead single that had a more clubby production vs. a more 80s one. critically it is one of her best, commercially will end up he rbest performing s

• 2 weeks later...

What is everyone's thoughts on the Chromatica era, this includes the rollout, album, visuals and photoshoots? It's personally one of my favourite eras but the rollout...not so much. What about everyone else?

:cheering:

visuals = some of her best - SL MV could've been better with outfits but still solid and loved the concept - rom and 911 flawless

Album = such a fun album that i think is better listened to over speakers - I do think it could've been a lot more smoother and less noisy in places as well as sounding fresher - i think they could've released a better lead single that had a more clubby production vs. a more 80s one. critically it is one of her best, commercially will end up he rbest performing since BTW... With some tweaks and of course promo it really couls've been so much better in both aspects

Rollout = we can;t fully judge because COVID did really ruin everything, but its clear they thought ROM would be enough commercially to fill out the era for as long as possible, which wasn't the case because it wasnt something that was lapped up by the GP in the same WAP or DSN was which is what i think they were going for. I think they were padding out the era with 911 MV, but they definitleu could;ve done more in october/november in terms of another MV perhaps... the album really needs another single at this point - also its a shame that ROM and SC weren't given better support off spotify in terms of staying on playlists longer and higher

photoshoots - again, flawless - love the colours. the album photoshoot is some of the best visuals sh's ever done. that's why the SL mv looking too saturated and the outfits not being the best stand out more i think

i think that covers everything, i do think promo is impossible in this climate and a lot of artists are not in person promoting - but there is a differnce with no promo and abandoning your album - there 100% could be more done to push this album... i really hope there is another single this year at least.

• Love 3
  • ★ Administrator
31 minutes ago, Abderrahmenxo said:

i'm not going to say anything haaah

Do not let me ban you on your website.

• LMAO 2

Hey is anyone else extremely confused about this era😂 do you think anything else is going to happen or should we just move on already, I just hope she’s okay and staying safe. Also if the chromatica ball doesn’t go ahead this year do y’all think she’ll just cancel it or move it again until early next year when things are safer, I know a lot of artists have moved their performances to early next year instead of cancelling. 

6 minutes ago, Ems said:

Hey is anyone else extremely confused about this era😂 do you think anything else is going to happen or should we just move on already, I just hope she’s okay and staying safe. Also if the chromatica ball doesn’t go ahead this year do y’all think she’ll just cancel it or move it again until early next year when things are safer, I know a lot of artists have moved their performances to early next year instead of cancelling. 

I'm pretty sure she had planned a lot of things and hopefully we gonna have the pleasure to see it

But when I dont know, she's gonna be busy with the movies she's doing.  But we gonna have somethi with nick knight soon I suppose, I hope is chromatica related 🤞. I'm kind of confused too, it's my first era as a little monsters so I'm a bit disappointed but it's okay I love rewatching all the thing she has done , I'm patient. 

12 minutes ago, Adeline said:

I'm pretty sure she had planned a lot of things and hopefully we gonna have the pleasure to see it

But when I dont know, she's gonna be busy with the movies she's doing.  But we gonna have somethi with nick knight soon I suppose, I hope is chromatica related 🤞. I'm kind of confused too, it's my first era as a little monsters so I'm a bit disappointed but it's okay I love rewatching all the thing she has done , I'm patient. 

Don't worry, when corona is over, she's gonna give us the best experience ever, I just know it

29 minutes ago, Ems said:

i think she should just move onto focusing on promoting her upcoming movies tbh :/

53 minutes ago, Miss Musambasi said:

visuals = some of her best - SL MV could've been better with outfits but still solid and loved the concept - rom and 911 flawless

Album = such a fun album that i think is better listened to over speakers - I do think it could've been a lot more smoother and less noisy in places as well as sounding fresher - i think they could've released a better lead single that had a more clubby production vs. a more 80s one. critically it is one of her best, commercially will end up he rbest performing since BTW... With some tweaks and of course promo it really couls've been so much better in both aspects

Rollout = we can;t fully judge because COVID did really ruin everything, but its clear they thought ROM would be enough commercially to fill out the era for as long as possible, which wasn't the case because it wasnt something that was lapped up by the GP in the same WAP or DSN was which is what i think they were going for. I think they were padding out the era with 911 MV, but they definitleu could;ve done more in october/november in terms of another MV perhaps... the album really needs another single at this point - also its a shame that ROM and SC weren't given better support off spotify in terms of staying on playlists longer and higher

photoshoots - again, flawless - love the colours. the album photoshoot is some of the best visuals sh's ever done. that's why the SL mv looking too saturated and the outfits not being the best stand out more i think

i think that covers everything, i do think promo is impossible in this climate and a lot of artists are not in person promoting - but there is a differnce with no promo and abandoning your album - there 100% could be more done to push this album... i really hope there is another single this year at least.

you put everything i think about this era into words, this is it!

• Love 1
Just now, Miss Musambasi said:

i like to think i am good at doing things that people dont have the time to do (write long winded essays on forums hihi)

i mean, i didnt ask for it but thank you for it

• LMAO 1
51 minutes ago, Ems said:

Well, she did things this era. But I guess she’s focused on other things right now, that’s 100% valid. She can do what ever she wants. 

But I want sour candy as a single. XD

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

2 hours ago, Shan said:

I think they did the best they can given the situation. 

That's the thing, they 100% didn't. I'm not saying they are to blame. COVID happened, then BLM, then more COVID, the elections, etc. Plus we all know Gaga can easily spiral into a very negative place.

But that being said, she's one, if not the biggest star on the planet, and the rollout really doesn't reflect that imo. When you look at what Dua managed to do... Sure Dua is younger as a person and an artist. But you also have Kylie who also did AMAZING, while being infinity and one year into her carrer. It's so painful to see Gaga abandoning the album like that. I'm not blaming her per say, because who knows what happened behing the curtain. But I absolutely can't say they did all they could, not by a long shot. What I Can say tho, it's that the little they did was ABSOLUTELY stellar, and the album will probably end up being my favorite.

I'd love if we'd get a few crumbs before March when she'll leave for filming Gucci, but I'm not hoping for anything. Between her being probably depressed by everything, all of her plans falling apart, and now the preparation that her role will requiere, I don't see her investing energy and money on a dead project. If the tour could go ahead, maybe, but it's obviously not happening, so... 

My only hope regarding the album is that she'll include a very solid part of the album in her next tour setlist, and not just the singles.

• Love 1
  • TEA 2
  • ★ Moderator
1 hour ago, Leography said:

That's the thing, they 100% didn't. I'm not saying they are to blame. COVID happened, then BLM, then more COVID, the elections, etc. Plus we all know Gaga can easily spiral into a very negative place.

But that being said, she's one, if not the biggest star on the planet, and the rollout really doesn't reflect that imo. When you look at what Dua managed to do... Sure Dua is younger as a person and an artist. But you also have Kylie who also did AMAZING, while being infinity and one year into her carrer. It's so painful to see Gaga abandoning the album like that. I'm not blaming her per say, because who knows what happened behing the curtain. But I absolutely can't say they did all they could, not by a long shot. What I Can say tho, it's that the little they did was ABSOLUTELY stellar, and the album will probably end up being my favorite.

I'd love if we'd get a few crumbs before March when she'll leave for filming Gucci, but I'm not hoping for anything. Between her being probably depressed by everything, all of her plans falling apart, and now the preparation that her role will requiere, I don't see her investing energy and money on a dead project. If the tour could go ahead, maybe, but it's obviously not happening, so... 

My only hope regarding the album is that she'll include a very solid part of the album in her next tour setlist, and not just the singles.

Gaga is more of a humanitarian than other artists. I feel like she takes things more personal and like it affects her, the record wasn’t her priority in that hell of a year we just had and I respect that. The album did good for the minimal attention she gave it. I’m not mad at it. 

Just now, Shan said:

Gaga is more of a humanitarian than other artists. I feel like she takes things more personal and like it affects her, the record wasn’t her priority in that hell of a year we just had and I respect that. The album did good for the minimal attention she gave it. I’m not mad at it. 

Dua killed it but she is still proving herself, Lady Gaga is Lady Gaga so she can put music on the back burner and help the world. Of course I hope she makes up for lost time but again, I respect it 

• Love 1
  • TEA 1
3 hours ago, Miss Musambasi said:

is more coming do you think?

I don’t think so. Recording Gucci movie is coming and I don’t think there can be more of chromatica. I don’t believe the rumor that the Babylon video was already recorded. So this era it’s over for me. And it makes me kind of sad. The last thing I expect is a performance on BLACKPINK’s THE SHOW. 

2 hours ago, Leography said:

not just the singles.

I think I’m the only one who enjoys the singles on tours 😭💔 

46 minutes ago, Shan said:

the record wasn’t her priority

THIS! She even said on the Apple Music Interlude that she wasn’t feeling good during recording sessions, that was bloodpop who encouraged her to continue. And that’s 100% valid, she’s a human and it’s totally fine if she didn’t want to record music during that time. 

48 minutes ago, Shan said:

The album did good for the minimal attention she gave it. I’m not mad at it. 

True. At least we got a dance pop album and we loved it! well, some loved it because you know, the toxic fans... 💀

I only expected more performances because the MVs from this era were perfect for me. Specially 911. 
spacer.png

• Love 2
  • TEA 1

Lady's got a killer groove, and you've got a lot to lose

7G3wb4h.thumb.jpg.1cfa3e879de23f89cf653ce739649bbb.jpg

7 hours ago, Shan said:

Dua killed it but she is still proving herself, Lady Gaga is Lady Gaga so she can put music on the back burner and help the world. Of course I hope she makes up for lost time but again, I respect it 

Yes exactly, that's why I also mentionned Kylie! She also killed it, and definitively doesn't have to prove herself anymore, but yet did it! Her Infinite Disco show was one of the best thing I've seen in years tbh! All I could think of after was "wow, Imagine the slayage if Gaga did that" :( 

What is weird is that EVERYTHING stopped, while they 100% could have released things that didn't need Gaga's involvement other than a simple validation; a remix album, lyrics videos, physical releases for 911, lyrics videos, etc etc but I guess we'll never know for sure why...

6 hours ago, tony said:

No that's not what I meant haha I love them too! (But I wouldn't be mad if she stopped playing the older ones for a while, or at least new versions, but that's another conversation haha) But I'd be really sad if when she tours her next album she only plays SL and ROM when Chromatica didn't get a tour :( 

8 hours ago, Shan said:

And alors i think for her its too important to do the things like she wanted. Her visions couldnt be respected with restrictions 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Leography said:

yes, these are my frustrations with the era as a whole </3

8 hours ago, tony said:

I don’t think so. Recording Gucci movie is coming and I don’t think there can be more of chromatica. I don’t believe the rumor that the Babylon video was already recorded. So this era it’s over for me. And it makes me kind of sad. The last thing I expect is a performance on BLACKPINK’s THE SHOW. 

THIS! She even said on the Apple Music Interlude that she wasn’t feeling good during recording sessions, that was bloodpop who encouraged her to continue. And that’s 100% valid, she’s a human and it’s totally fine if she didn’t want to record music during that time. 

True. At least we got a dance pop album and we loved it! well, some loved it because you know, the toxic fans... 💀

I only expected more performances because the MVs from this era were perfect for me. Specially 911. 
spacer.png

i really feel like gaga is the type to have a whole plan sorted out for her so that when time comes, she can follow and walk her path that she chose. corona is an unexpected situation and since gagas and her team have never faced this before, they werent sure what to do with the eras quickly fading plans.

• Matt changed the title to Chromatica Era Discussion
  • Matt pinned this topic