Biggest Era

• ★ Senior Moderator
ipsFlex ipsFlex-ai:center'>
1 hour ago, Shan said:

What would you say was Gaga’s biggest era? In terms of the album that got her the most attention from people who aren’t necessarily fans? 

The Fame / Monster 

I would say ASIB Era, but 2009 was the year of Gaga. She was all over TV, magazines, news, everywhere. It was her peak in terms of popularity by the general public. 

• Love 1

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

30 minutes ago, tony said:

The Fame / Monster 

I would say ASIB Era, but 2009 was the year of Gaga. She was all over TV, magazines, news, everywhere. It was her peak in terms of popularity by the general public. 

I agree. Especially with the ASIB era, she was everywhere 

• Love 1

I  noticed her and im a fan since ASIB so I cant really answer but I guess it depends of the country she didn't have the same impact everywhere,  I suppose . 

But the fame seems a good answer because it's when she was noticed by the world.

• Love 1
  • ★ Senior Moderator
3 hours ago, Shan said:

I agree. Especially with the ASIB era, she was everywhere 

Yes! TF/M and ASIB eras were the most popular eras. People just loved her A LOT during those eras. 

• Love 1

I actually don't think BTW was her biggest era in terms of gaining fans. TFM, Joanne, and ASIB imo.

TFM because she already made an impact with the Fame, and this proved she wasnt a 1 hit wonder. God, The Monster Ball tour went on for more than 2 years because they just kept adding shows to it. Everyone wanted to see her. Bad Romance was on every station, she was on every network and talkshow.

BTW, and I say this with love and as a stan who has seen it firsthand and who has been on twitter for her since 2009, was the era that got built up so high and she crashed and burned from it completely. Looking at it from a decade later, it looks like a great album and an innovative time for her (which, both *are* correct). But god I remember that sh*t like it was yesterday: It got a lot of flack for the cheap Amazon sales. And the fact she was young and a bit niave and called it "the greatest album of the decade" before it was even out hyped it up so much that when it *was* released, I remember seeing the critics AND fans tear her down. Madonna and Xtina were publically being nasty to her. It was also the timespan when unfortunately every news article at the time was calling her overweight. And if I remember correctly, I think the public was a bit sick of her "gimmicks." She was fighting with Perez and dealing with him going from her best friend to a literal stalker. Boomkack wasn't helping. And then she kept trying to top herself and make each performance bigger and better and unfortunately the hip injury happened and put her out of the public eye for months.

I wouldn't say she LOST popularity at that time, but I believe it was 1 of the hardest eras for her especially since everyone kept comparing everything to Bad Romance.

And then ARTPOP happened. tbh I loved that era and I love the album, and I'm glad it's getting praised nowadays, but that was also an era that really got nasty in terms of fans tearing her down. I remember verbatim long time fans saying, "its not a good album. she rushed it." It was so messy in terms of the divide.

But when Joanne was released? It might not be the album hardcore stans love most, but between American Horror Story, Million Reasons, the National Anthem, and the Super Bowl, this was definitely the start to the general public absolutely adoring her I think. And obviously ASIB reached a wider audience.

I feel Chromatica could have been 1 of her biggest eras had we not been in a pandemic. But even with all the crap she has been through, she has definitely solidified her Icon Status and will not be going anywhere.

• ★ Senior Moderator
15 hours ago, Chelsea said:

we not been in a pandemic

And she promoted like others. We got visual, MVs.. but no promo, cookies, and just one performance.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ★ Moderator

I would say Joanne. The fandom wasnt expecting a non pop album so Joanne came and managed rake in more fans. I know a number of lms who started stanning in Joanne era. 

• TEA 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • ★ Senior Moderator

The Fame / The Fame Monster are her biggest era. The tours, the performances, the MVs, the singles.. everything was well done! 

• WIG 1

I would say BORN THIS WAY for many reasons. Lots of singles, promo, tour in every continents and so on. It was amazing! 

Speaking of getting lots of attention from people who were not really fans of her, I would say the A Star Is Born era! It was then when people really started to appreciate her and were surprised by her talent. It is definitely an era that I'll never forget!

29 minutes ago, tony said:

The Fame / The Fame Monster are her biggest era. The tours, the performances, the MVs, the singles.. everything was well done! 

This video gives me chills 😍  TFM is definitely an amazing era too. I think that album was the starting point of her career, even more than TF, and I think her Paparazzi performance at the VMAs has many TFM vibes, it was that performance that really changed everything and showed people how great she is!

Edited by Giulia Monster

On 2/16/2021 at 2:05 PM, tony said:

Sometimes I really wish I could back in time 😍