J-Pop

Tony

• ★ Senior Moderator

To be honest, I just know Amuro Namie as a J-Pop artist. I’ve listened to all of her albums and she’s a great vocalist. She is the QUEEN of J-Pop. 

Also I’ve seen some of her concerts and she can dance and sing the house down. She’s incredible. 

I was sad when she announced her retirement, but when all her music was available for stream I was so happy! I really needed to listen to Wild, New Look, Fast Car, Naked, and Only You every single day!! 

I guess @Leography knows 100% who I’m talking about. Right? 

Here are some music videos from her: 

From other artists, I barely know. I just know Perfume, Kumi Koda, and Korean singer BoA who has a successful career in Japan. 

• Love 1

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

I'm honnestly not familiar witg Namie tbh haha I'm more of a J-rock/Visual-kei kind of guy! 

That being said, I love Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, and recently I've been OBSESSED with Utada Hikaru, mainly 'cause she's in charge of the Evangelion movies ending theme!

Here's a short version of my favorite one, featuring (GORGEOUS) footage of the first three movies!

Edited by Leography

• ★ Senior Moderator
5 hours ago, Matt said:

Damn...I know now Japan artist...

:street:

Heaven was produced by Zedd. 👀 

It might sound familiar to you 

4 hours ago, Leography said:

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu

YAAAASSS

• Love 1

• ★ Senior Moderator
3 hours ago, Leography said:

I saw her live back in 2014, it was SO much fun! (Even though most of it was playback or VERY strong backing vocals 💀)

I only forgive lipsync to Britney and K-Pop artists. 🤭

2 hours ago, Sechito said:

hatsune miku

Not a big fan tbh, but I love “b who i want 2 b” collaboration with Namie Amuro. And I’ve seen videos from her opening show for the artRAVE. I love how petGa introduced her ❤️

• WIG 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not into J-Pop and unfortunately don't know any of the performers. I've definitely heard a few songs from that genre, but I didn't like them. I definitely prefer K-pop, but if anyone thinks otherwise, they are 100% entitled to it :)

• Love 1
  • Clown 1

• 2 weeks later...