Did Lady Gaga save your life?

I cover this topic as mental health, since psychologically speaking, we have the power to decide to some extent how an artist influences our life. From a simple song, to taking a kind of "obsession" with the artist, I would like to know how Gaga influences your life in a positive way.

In my case, I was going through a very hard time when I discovered her music, I felt sheltered, protected and loved by her since just dance, my love and admiration grew when in Born This Way she released "Marry the night" where I understood the message that he wanted to give me... That even if they had outraged us, we should move on, not cry and that we are capable of creating our own environment and empire. Tell me your experience with Gaga, I would glad to read about it!:discurse:

• Love 4

• ★ Senior Moderator
58 minutes ago, Lola Carranza said:

I cover this topic as mental health, since psychologically speaking, we have the power to decide to some extent how an artist influences our life. From a simple song, to taking a kind of "obsession" with the artist, I would like to know how Gaga influences your life in a positive way.

In my case, I was going through a very hard time when I discovered her music, I felt sheltered, protected and loved by her since just dance, my love and admiration grew when in Born This Way she released "Marry the night" where I understood the message that he wanted to give me... That even if they had outraged us, we should move on, not cry and that we are capable of creating our own environment and empire. Tell me your experience with Gaga, I would glad to read about it!:discurse:

Bestie, this is a beautiful history 😭 thank you for sharing it with us. 

She has saved my life too. Exactly ten years ago I was listening to this magnificent album and I remember when I listened to Marry The Night for the very first time. 

• Love 2

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

Can’t say she literally “saved” my life, but she definitely help me a lot through the years, especially when I was in high school (mostly with born this way). The most important thing she taught me was not to care about what people said or thought about me. As a teen I was a bit more influenced about what people thought, and I remember keep thinking not to think about it and ignore them........a quote from Bad Kids that I love so much is “We don’t care what people say, we know the truth” and “don’t be insecure if your heart is pure”. ❤️🙏🏻 

• Love 4

this is such a beautiful story, you're so strong ❤️

she didn't save my life but she made me stronger. last year my mental health decreased a lot, but she is the reason I don't lose hope that everything will get better and I'm acceptful of myself. she was the first person I ever heard say that mental health is as important as physical health and that we shouldn't feel ashamed if our mental health isn't in the best condition and we should seek help (on the 2020 Oprah interview). also the fact that she herself had mental health issues but got better inspires me to do the same. she's had a lot of impact on me in the best way possible and I'll never be able to thank her enough ❤️

• Love 4

Yes! When I heard the 1st verse on marry the night "I'm gonna mary the night, I won't give up on my life I'm a warrior queen live passionately tonight" I was crying so much I was in such a horrible place mentally and physically i was suffering and I couldn't take it anymore but thanks to her I'm still here I owe her everything I love her so so much

• Love 4

• ★ Senior Moderator
On 6/21/2021 at 8:34 AM, Gagas_artpoptech said:

Imagine having gaga as your mother😭litterally a gift from god a blessing

I imagine Gaga as my favorite aunt 🤭

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

Saved me? Absolutely not. I don't think it's healthy to let someone I'll never meet have that much power over the narrative of my own life. 
But did her music and ideals helped me shape myself into the person I am today? Abso-f*cking-lutely. She's an incredible artist and role model, and we're really lucky to live in the same time as she does. But she did not "save" me no.

• Love 2

Indeed she did. I’ve been a little monster since 2008 and she’s definitely influenced me a lot over the years, but presently she has help me deal with things I feared would really effect me so I choose to deny it happend. I’m working on who I am are a being and even tho I can’t see myself as a human I still think it will be worked on in the future

• Love 2