Mental health 'tsunami' to hit workplaces

Tony

• ★ Senior Moderator

Long hours and diminishing work-life balance post-shutdown are causing their own silent mental health epidemic.

Bosses and workers alike have found the last six months the most stressful since the pandemic hit our shores.

A recent survey by Employment Hero of 1000 New Zealand employers and employees found that the majority of respondents from each group were worried about their mental and physical health as well as financial wellbeing.

Recruitment agency Employment Hero's head of HR Alex Hattingh said working long hours, ongoing uncertainty about snap lockdowns and the inability to plan ahead has taken a toll on workers' mental health. 

Full article: https://www.newsroom.co.nz/mental-health-tsunami-hits-workplaces

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

On 6/13/2021 at 7:09 PM, Tony said:

Long hours and diminishing work-life balance post-shutdown are causing their own silent mental health epidemic.

Bosses and workers alike have found the last six months the most stressful since the pandemic hit our shores.

A recent survey by Employment Hero of 1000 New Zealand employers and employees found that the majority of respondents from each group were worried about their mental and physical health as well as financial wellbeing.

Recruitment agency Employment Hero's head of HR Alex Hattingh said working long hours, ongoing uncertainty about snap lockdowns and the inability to plan ahead has taken a toll on workers' mental health. 

Full article: https://www.newsroom.co.nz/mental-health-tsunami-hits-workplaces

Ain’t this the truth. My husband & I have felt it. I see it in my work place, we’ve been understaffed since the pandemic, it’s make it longer harder shifts for everyone else working.

• ★ Senior Moderator
9 minutes ago, GagaSuperfan1 said:

Ain’t this the truth. My husband & I have felt it. I see it in my work place, we’ve been understaffed since the pandemic, it’s make it longer harder shifts for everyone else working.

I hope this situation gets better during this and next year. This has been hard, but we will get better from this.

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…