Why Do You Think Gaga Has Been So Quiet Recently

Sechito

• ★ Senior Moderator
ipsFlex ipsFlex-ai:center'>
2 minutes ago, Sechito said:

It seems like the best solution. A 'The Fame Monster' situation would be PERFECT right now tbh

Exactly. Honestly I been saying this idea since COVID basically ruined the entire promo rollout of Chromatica. Now its just a matter of whether if Gaga/Bobby wants to do this.

And I’m not asking for much here. If Gaga dropped a Chromatica IV EP with like 3-4 new tracks. Make 2 of them a single with videos. Also do some performances, it could make up a lot more than she realizes. 

• Love 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Exactly. Honestly I been saying this idea since COVID basically ruined the entire promo rollout of Chromatica. Now its just a matter of whether if Gaga/Bobby wants to do this.

And I’m not asking for much here. If Gaga dropped a Chromatica IV EP with like 3-4 new tracks. Make 2 of them a single with videos. Also do some performances, it could make up a lot more than she realizes. 

Exactly, I think what Bobby and her team don't realise is that all Monsters want is some type of performance and some new content. We don't want anything big, we just want the bare minimum. A Chromatica EP could work like how Melanie Martinez did K-12. She released her After School EP but those new songs also became part of the K-12 album, resulting in BOTH getting high streams. If Gaga did that, both the EP and Chromatica would rise on Billboard. I hope she does something soon 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Senior Moderator
1 minute ago, Sechito said:

Exactly, I think what Bobby and her team don't realise is that all Monsters want is some type of performance and some new content. We don't want anything big, we just want the bare minimum. A Chromatica EP could work like how Melanie Martinez did K-12. She released her After School EP but those new songs also became part of the K-12 album, resulting in BOTH getting high streams. If Gaga did that, both the EP and Chromatica would rise on Billboard. I hope she does something soon 

Agreed. I think what irritated fans in regards to promo was the fact she dropped a phenomenal comeback pop album and did nothing else. 

100% understand her and the Haus frustration about promo being ruined and heavily respect her choice to be involved in BLM and the elections. But I guess watching other fanbases soak up COVID performances like Doja Cat and others shining made the Monsters a bit sad. 

I really hope Gaga takes note of this and does a mini EP to revive the era but with good promo ideas!

• Love 1
  • WIG 1

6 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Agreed. I think what irritated fans in regards to promo was the fact she dropped a phenomenal comeback pop album and did nothing else. 

100% understand her and the Haus frustration about promo being ruined and heavily respect her choice to be involved in BLM and the elections. But I guess watching other fanbases soak up COVID performances like Doja Cat and others shining made the Monsters a bit sad. 

I really hope Gaga takes note of this and does a mini EP to revive the era but with good promo ideas!

100%. It was so frustrating watching my other favourite artists like BTS, Doja Cat and more deliver amazing performances during COVID while Gaga was doing basically nothing. COVID relief and BLM were great reasons to pause the era but what was the need to be silent in November, December, July and other months. It was like she forgot or didn't care for Chromatica or her fans.

I just hope she makes up for it in this year because, let's be real, although Gaga served, 2020 was a TRAINWRECK in terms of Chromatica promotion.

• Love 1

• ★ Senior Moderator
12 minutes ago, Sechito said:

100%. It was so frustrating watching my other favourite artists like BTS, Doja Cat and more deliver amazing performances during COVID while Gaga was doing basically nothing. COVID relief and BLM were great reasons to pause the era but what was the need to be silent in November, December, July and other months. It was like she forgot or didn't care for Chromatica or her fans.

I just hope she makes up for it in this year because, let's be real, although Gaga served, 2020 was a TRAINWRECK in terms of Chromatica promotion.

Outside the election support era. I honestly thought Gaga was gonna revive the era with the VMAs performance along with 911 and its video. But then she ghosted again, which cemented fans thoughts and frustration. Then resorting to doing Oreo promo was the icing on the cake.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Outside the election support era. I honestly thought Gaga was gonna revive the era with the VMAs performance along with 911 and its video. But then she ghosted again, which cemented fans thoughts and frustration. Then resorting to doing Oreo promo was the icing on the cake.

It just hurts knowing that she could be do something to please us, her FANS, but she's doing nothing :/

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, Sechito said:

She doesn't care about charts and streams, that's not how she think and she's absolutely right.  Those numbers can't evaluate her art and talent. About doing some promotion, I think she don't feel the need to do it for some reasons,  maybe its healthy for her or maybe she thinks it's to odd during this pandemic, and chromatica is really selling well so she dont need too. But sure fore us its really frustrating,  we want more,  I dont want her to abandoned chromatica and I would appreciate some kind of interest for us, the fans ,but if she doesn't do those things she probably has a reason.

• TEA 2

1 minute ago, Adeline said:

She doesn't care about charts and streams, that's not how she think and she's absolutely right.  Those numbers can't evaluate her art and talent. About doing some promotion, I think she don't feel the need to do it for some reasons,  maybe its healthy for her or maybe she thinks it's to odd during this pandemic, and chromatica is really selling well so she dont need too. But sure fore us its really frustrating,  we want more,  I dont want her to abandoned chromatica and I would appreciate some kind of interest for us, the fans ,but if she doesn't do those things she probably has a reason.

true but i still feel bad without her :(

5 minutes ago, Sechito said:

It just hurts knowing that she could be do something to please us, her FANS, but she's doing nothing :/

Its frustrating,  but she doesn't have to please us , she just need to do what makes her happy.

• TEA 1

Just now, Adeline said:

Its frustrating,  but she doesn't have to please us , she just need to do what makes her happy.

i know that but it's been on and off for a year, i wish her team would learn to space things out better because what happens is that she'll have a month of promo and then just stay silent for 2 months. its really weird

Just now, Sechito said:

i know that but it's been on and off for a year, i wish her team would learn to space things out better because what happens is that she'll have a month of promo and then just stay silent for 2 months. its really weird

I understand that, but she's just a human being who lives her life like every one else. She's probably or busy doing something or maybe not well. So we need to be patient,  she will be here when she feels it's the time for her. I'm frustrated too of course , I want more attention from her. But imagine having millions of people waiting for you to do something , it must be overwhelming ,she needs to take care of her first before taking care of us ❤

• Love 3

• ★ Senior Moderator
2 hours ago, Sechito said:

Give her time. Knowing Gaga well enough she was properly extremely upset and depressed Chromatica’s rollout got ruined due to COVID. 

Maybe she’s making 2021 the recovery year for her fans.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

The idea with an EP is very good and something I would really enjoy.

But I have to agree with @Adeline : "she doesn't have to please us".

It's cheesy, but we have to show graditude for what we got and not focus on the things we wanted and didn't get. Otherwise we are just drowning ourselfs in unnecessary frustration.

Of course it's okay and fun to fantasize and to puzzle over "what's the next step?". But we should be cautious that our fantasy don't become our espectation. Because when, for example, a new Hauslabs product comes out and people are upset that nothing, in their eyes, "bigger" came out, it's not Gaga nor her actions what's failing them,it's their selfmade expectation.

• Love 4

I think she is just busy and probably decided to don't spend her free time on social media, which is imo a wise decision. I mean social media is sometimes even for "ordinary people" stressful and even more so for celebrities.

She's an musician, an actor, has a make-up brand and a foundation. And maybe some deals that have to be done, I mean the whole roll out plan for chromatica was already organized and could include more agreements (like with Apple, Oreo or Valenino) that have more or less strict deadlines. (pure speculation)

As long as she is as healthy and happy as her condition allows, I'm happy too.

• Love 2

• ★ Senior Moderator

We got politic tweet today. At least I’m relieved to know she’s alive. 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

• 3 weeks later...

This is something I have been thinking about for a while. I'm not going to lie, and who knows maybe I'm wrong, but I genuinely think she's been so quiet on social media because of how toxic people are on there. There is a difference between voicing frustrations and being a complete a$shole. For example, some people are like, "ugh I'm upset because Gaga hasn't promoted Chromatica as well as she should have." Which is justifiable.

Then there are a lot of people, young people, who think it's HILARIOUS to post crap like this: "fad's cancelled. traumatica flopped. even dead aunt album did better. and she will never be as popular as she was in 2013 UGH why do i stan???" (this is like legit tweets I have seen.) ...Like, that isn't as funny as they think it is. What IS funny to me though is there were people who were saying the EXACT same thing in 2013. ARTPOP was considered one of the biggest divides in the fanbases when it dropped and there were so many people that jumped on the "Im going to hate on her for clout even tho she is my fave" bandwagon. which maybe I'm being ageist but that's why I say certain younger people online are the issue because they think this is a new funny thing they're doing but it's a tired old routine. So I think she got sick of it. She already went through it when she was 27, why would she do it again at 34, almost 35? Like, she is literally going to be in her mid 30s in March.

Like.... there was a time when Gaga, the entire haus like freddie, nicola, lane and lacee (are they still on the team?), and even when tara was in it... they would ALL interact with fans on twitter and even follow them. But I genuinely believe fans being completely rude and inconsiderate online have created a divide and are the reason they don't come online as much, if at all, anymore.

And clearly I'm not saying *all* fans are that way or that it's ALL the young fans. I myself have joked about her countless times. I have even tweeted my frustrations about many things and have been critical of her, but it was never with the intent to genuinely insult her. Just, this loud group ruined it for everyone and the people who think the tweets are funny and give them attention are complicit. Replying to a genuine insult about her with "omg jfsdilfhdslfhdsklfdsh dead!!!" isnt cute either

:sip:

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Chelsea said:

This is something I have been thinking about for a while. I'm not going to lie, and who knows maybe I'm wrong, but I genuinely think she's been so quiet on social media because of how toxic people are on there. There is a difference between voicing frustrations and being a complete a$shole. For example, some people are like, "ugh I'm upset because Gaga hasn't promoted Chromatica as well as she should have." Which is justifiable.

Then there are a lot of people, young people, who think it's HILARIOUS to post crap like this: "fad's cancelled. traumatica flopped. even dead aunt album did better. and she will never be as popular as she was in 2013 UGH why do i stan???" (this is like legit tweets I have seen.) ...Like, that isn't as funny as they think it is. What IS funny to me though is there were people who were saying the EXACT same thing in 2013. ARTPOP was considered one of the biggest divides in the fanbases when it dropped and there were so many people that jumped on the "Im going to hate on her for clout even tho she is my fave" bandwagon. which maybe I'm being ageist but that's why I say certain younger people online are the issue because they think this is a new funny thing they're doing but it's a tired old routine. So I think she got sick of it. She already went through it when she was 27, why would she do it again at 34, almost 35? Like, she is literally going to be in her mid 30s in March.

Like.... there was a time when Gaga, the entire haus like freddie, nicola, lane and lacee (are they still on the team?), and even when tara was in it... they would ALL interact with fans on twitter and even follow them. But I genuinely believe fans being completely rude and inconsiderate online have created a divide and are the reason they don't come online as much, if at all, anymore.

And clearly I'm not saying *all* fans are that way or that it's ALL the young fans. I myself have joked about her countless times. I have even tweeted my frustrations about many things and have been critical of her, but it was never with the intent to genuinely insult her. Just, this loud group ruined it for everyone and the people who think the tweets are funny and give them attention are complicit. Replying to a genuine insult about her with "omg jfsdilfhdslfhdsklfdsh dead!!!" isnt cute either

:sip:

I'm totally agree with you.  It's not healthy for her to interact with us. I dont understand people who dragged her, you can be disappoint or not appreciate what she does but I dont understand the hates and the mocking.. she brings awareness about bullying and she becomes a victim of her own fans bullying her,  its sick. 

• Love 2

That f..covid has changed so many things  and it's so frustrating for her and for us too . But we have to be patient and respectful ...we don't have to judge her according to our own frustration..Things will come on time ..maybe she needs some time for herself to be happy and it seems that Love is her best med , especially now <3 ..so wait and see she is always there even if we don't see her ..we are Little Monsters ..aren't we ? 

• Love 1
  • TEA 1

I personally believe, it has nothing to do with Covid, I think there is something coming. I think so because otherwise Gaga would not miss the chance to at least tweet about the new year or thanksgiving... I think there was something going on...

I agree, I think it's nothing related with the coronavirus.

I think Gaga's grown up somehow. As in, I imagine her taking care of herself, her relationship and people around her. I don't think it's a lack of love or interest for us. I know she loves us. I also think she must be extremely busy. You guys know how she is and when she's involved into something she gives everything to make it perfect. I think she's into Gucci at the moment. Maybe she's also planning/preparing the Chromatica Ball tour (🤞🏼). I don't know, I kind of feel that she's very busy...