Does your anxiety keep you from doing things?

Adeline

1 minute ago, Tan Nazlı said:

And when you start, do you feel like not finishing what you started... 😕

Sometimes,  but mostly I made plan to do stuff and I found an excuse not to do it eventually 

Having anxiety is hard as hell, it really used to keep me from doing even small every day things like talking on the phone with a stranger or ordering food. Thankfully, I started seeing a therapist last year and I have made some steps towards eliminating it, but it’s a long battle. The covid situation has made things harder too. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, appiause said:

Having anxiety is hard as hell, it really used to keep me from doing even small every day things like talking on the phone with a stranger or ordering food. Thankfully, I started seeing a therapist last year and I have made some steps towards eliminating it, but it’s a long battle. The covid situation has made things harder too. 

I understand that  , I always wants to order food and I never do it because I worried to say something wrong or whatever. I'm still anxious to take the bus to go see my sister for example,  although I've take it for years.  I'm always afraid I would be late or I take the wrong bus or I have the wrong schedule. It's a mess in my head lol 

It's great if your therapist help you , it's a really good thing 😁

1 hour ago, Adeline said:

I understand that  , I always wants to order food and I never do it because I worried to say something wrong or whatever. I'm still anxious to take the bus to go see my sister for example,  although I've take it for years.  I'm always afraid I would be late or I take the wrong bus or I have the wrong schedule. It's a mess in my head lol 

It's great if your therapist help you , it's a really good thing 😁

Aww I can totally relate. Therapy really helped me see things with a different perspective, I used to be anxious over literally everything. I still have major anxiety over things like driving though (even though I have my driver’s license and all). It’s a hard process but if we’re determined we can work it out. 

Being at home all the time made me anxious and the more I stay at home the more I become pessimistic I think about the things might happen (bad circumstances) and this gives me anxiety after that I loose myself in my thoughts and I can not focus on anything

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mert said:

Being at home all the time made me anxious and the more I stay at home the more I become pessimistic I think about the things might happen (bad circumstances) and this gives me anxiety after that I loose myself in my thoughts and I can not focus on anything

Whenever I get anxious, I personally listen to Chromatica... it’s such a perfect album to release negative energy. 911, Fun Tonight and Replay are my favorite songs to listen in that situation. Also some people enjoy listening to Lana Del Rey too, which I also recomend.

1 minute ago, Tan Nazlı said:

Whenever I get anxious, I personally listen to Chromatica... it’s such a perfect album to release negative energy. 911, Fun Tonight and Replay are my favorite songs to listen in that situation. Also some people enjoy listening to Lana Del Rey too, which I also recomend.

I love Chromatica the lyrics, the deep meanings etc. if I don't pop it twice a day my day passes mehhh

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, appiause said:

Aww I can totally relate. Therapy really helped me see things with a different perspective, I used to be anxious over literally everything. I still have major anxiety over things like driving though (even though I have my driver’s license and all). It’s a hard process but if we’re determined we can work it out. 

I cant drive too  ! And I have my licence lol . My shrink said it was about confidence,  you're in a car like you're in life and when I was driving I felt like I wasn't in control that it was the car who was driving not me lol

6 minutes ago, Adeline said:

I cant drive too  ! And I have my licence lol . My shrink said it was about confidence,  you're in a car like you're in life and when I was driving I felt like I wasn't in control that it was the car who was driving not me lol

Literally same omg. It’s like, I know how to drive properly and all but once I get in the car my mind goes blank. It sucks so bad because I have to rely on others to give me a ride and it’s embarrassing having to explain why I don’t simply just drive myself. 

1 minute ago, appiause said:

Literally same omg. It’s like, I know how to drive properly and all but once I get in the car my mind goes blank. It sucks so bad because I have to rely on others to give me a ride and it’s embarrassing having to explain why I don’t simply just drive myself. 

I give up driving a long time ago, I live in a big city so I can use the bus and stuff and I take train to go see my parents. Its complicated at first but it such a relief for me not to think about driving.  But if you can work on it with your psychiatrist it's better than givin up lol

1 minute ago, Adeline said:

I give up driving a long time ago, I live in a big city so I can use the bus and stuff and I take train to go see my parents. Its complicated at first but it such a relief for me not to think about driving.  But if you can work on it with your psychiatrist it's better than givin up lol

Yeah, if you don’t need it there’s no need to stress yourself about it, it’s not worth it. But for me, I like being able to go on small trips, plus I live an-hour-long drive out of town, so for me it’s a little more essential. It’s not my top priority but I would like to not give it up entirely 

22 minutes ago, appiause said:

Yeah, if you don’t need it there’s no need to stress yourself about it, it’s not worth it. But for me, I like being able to go on small trips, plus I live an-hour-long drive out of town, so for me it’s a little more essential. It’s not my top priority but I would like to not give it up entirely 

You shouldn't giving up  ! I'm a bad example lol you always should want to get better its great to be positive ❤

Sometimes… I usually try to do them anyway but sometime I just can't. During high school I was always afraid to participate in class because if I got the answers wrong then I felt that everyone would call me stupid and so on, even if I 100% knew I was right :( 

Sadly, it does. I can't focus on anything that I need to be focused. I don't know how to avoid it by myself but when I feel anxious if someone I loved or cared gives me his/her attention and love my anxiety gets better.

• ★ Senior Moderator
On 1/28/2021 at 6:18 AM, Mert said:

Sadly, it does. I can't focus on anything that I need to be focused. I don't know how to avoid it by myself but when I feel anxious if someone I loved or cared gives me his/her attention and love my anxiety gets better.

This happens to me every time. It’s so frustrating for me to be honest, I’m still trying to avoid anxiety and I hope gym helps me. 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

5 hours ago, tony said:

This happens to me every time. It’s so frustrating for me to be honest, I’m still trying to avoid anxiety and I hope gym helps me. 

Gym is a good option to use up some energy and let your toxines out. I also really enjoy meditating. It makes me happy, I feel I manage to take some time just to spend with myself.

• ★ Senior Moderator
5 hours ago, gia said:

Gym is a good option to use up some energy and let your toxines out. I also really enjoy meditating. It makes me happy, I feel I manage to take some time just to spend with myself.

My body has changed. A lot. I’ve lost 30 pounds in 3 months. Physically I feel better, but sometimes I feel so bad inside my head. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, tony said:

My body has changed. A lot. I’ve lost 30 pounds in 3 months. Physically I feel better, but sometimes I feel so bad inside my head. 

Because of your weight loss? Have you lost too much weight?

• ★ Senior Moderator
Just now, gia said:

Because of your weight loss? Have you lost too much weight?

No, it’s because of my anxiety and depression that I’m still dealing with. 

I still feel so insecure about myself. 

On 2/1/2021 at 7:12 AM, tony said:

Yeah going to gym would make me feel better but they are closed in my country because of covid but as soon as they opened I will start 

On 2/1/2021 at 12:49 PM, gia said:

After going to gym I feel tired and this makes me feel like I achieved something 

On 2/1/2021 at 6:10 PM, tony said:

Wow i am soooo happy for you congrats

On 2/1/2021 at 6:15 PM, tony said:

No, it’s because of my anxiety and depression that I’m still dealing with. 

I still feel so insecure about myself. 

oh I thought that you needed to lose some weight but as I can see it is because of anxiety I am sorry for that

• ★ Senior Moderator

Just as an update, I’m trying to control my anxiety more. I think it will be a part of me for the rest of my life, but I’m finding ways to avoid anxiety and trying to focus on being okay with my environment. 

1 hour ago, tony said:

Just as an update, I’m trying to control my anxiety more. I think it will be a part of me for the rest of my life, but I’m finding ways to avoid anxiety and trying to focus on being okay with my environment. 

I'm happy to see you're working on your anxiety,  stay strong 💛

4 hours ago, tony said:

So nice to read this! I think we all can learn how to dominate our own monsters :ghost: