How many studio albums do you think Gaga will have?

Steff

Hi, monsters! I listen to a lot of 70s to 90s singers apart from what's fairly popular in this day and age. I notice that plenty of those older-era singers relatively have more studio albums. By 'more' I mean A LOT MORE. It is understandable because they have lived much longer than younger artists, and probably we'll have modern artists grow their discography more and more in the future. But, seriously if you take a look at some of them: 

Cher (26) | Celine Dion (27) | Dolly Parton (51) | Barbra Streisand (36) | Aretha Franklin (38) | Diana Ross (24) | Prince (39) | Elton John (30) | David Bowie (25) | Marvin Gaye (25) | Sam Cooke (15) 

and even Frank Sinatra recorded a whopping 59 studio albums, although he went way back from earlier years. However, there are also singers I listen to like Stevie Nicks (8), Anita Baker (6), Tracy Chapman (8), Macy Gray (10) who have fewer albums. I don't know the exact average number or whatever, but looking at almost yearly albums from Elton, Cher, Celine, and Dolly Parton has only made me more curious about Gaga's future albums. Dolly Parton made the most extreme case here where she recorded 6 albums between 2008-2020. I mean... it's the same number as our queen's albums on her early career, whereas Dolly did in her later years (assuming they're relatively more productive in their younger years).

I don't think that more albums necessarily mean a greater artist. But, I think it's still worth discussing lol. Moving on to the question:

Why do you think those earlier singers released so many albums than artists nowadays? Is it the tour? (like they had fewer tours back then?) Or do you think the 2000s-2020s artists will catch up eventually? And ultimately, just for fun, how many albums do you think Gaga will have her entire career? Let's discuss!

https://twitter.com/ladygaganownet/status/1395122361473589254?s=20

While I'm wondering about these production difference, I have no doubt that Gaga is already a very hard-working artist. This tweet about 'You and I' production is just another proof, we all know she's very busy with a lot of projects and social acts too. It's just crazy to have to imagine she would crush more albums in a very short time. I guess it's a great testament from the older era singers, they are legends indeed. But, still let's hear each other thought on this!

Edited by Steff

9 minutes ago, dafniye said:

I think Gaga will have around 11 studio albums maybe.

Don't know why, but 11 was the first thing that popped up in my mind lol.

Gut feelings💙. Jokes on me for thinking it could be somewhere between 18 to 21😥😭. I'm so scared of Gaga getting old, she'd do less and less tours. I guess I just like to think she would still accompany us in her music as we age together😭💞

To me, Gaga would record 5 or 6 more studio albums. Maybe a new soundtrack too. Idk. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, Steff said:

Gut feelings💙. Jokes on me for thinking it could be somewhere between 18 to 21😥😭. I'm so scared of Gaga getting old, she'd do less and less tours. I guess I just like to think she would still accompany us in her music as we age together😭💞

True. The tours already take a toll on her health. That's why a residency is beneficial for her, which Enigma serves to prove. Hopefully she can stay grounded in the future too. That's sort of unlucky for the fans who can't afford to just come to the US for a show, but her health is above all. 

7 hours ago, dafniye said:

True. The tours already take a toll on her health. That's why a residency is beneficial for her, which Enigma serves to prove. Hopefully she can stay grounded in the future too. That's sort of unlucky for the fans who can't afford to just come to the US for a show, but her health is above all. 

I would like to see Gaga do a tour like Madonna did for Madame X which was essentially a touring residency.

It is hard to tell how many albums she will release in her career, it really depends on many factors.
I think she will keep making albums like she did all this time, probably with the same frequency. But I'm sure there will be a time when she will take a "break" and dedicate her time to her future family. But I do believe that even if she's not on tour or she's not working on a specific album, she will ALWAYS write and make music.

I still remember that time when she said she will make music until she's 90 (or something like that, I don't remember the specific age she said), while she was performing at the BTWBall 😭

10 hours ago, dafniye said:

I think Gaga will have around 11 studio albums maybe.

8 hours ago, Tony said:

Gaga would record 5 or 6 more studio albums

oh no why are both saying that? That's nothing 😭 It's like her career will be over in like 10 years.

• ★ Moderator

This questions makes me sad idk why 😭 of course i hope she doesnt stop doing music and will continue to keep releasing more albums till the end of time. But by 2025 im hoping for 3 more at least 😭.

4 hours ago, Giulia Monster said:

It is hard to tell how many albums she will release in her career, it really depends on many factors.
I think she will keep making albums like she did all this time, probably with the same frequency. But I'm sure there will be a time when she will take a "break" and dedicate her time to her future family. But I do believe that even if she's not on tour or she's not working on a specific album, she will ALWAYS write and make music.

I still remember that time when she said she will make music until she's 90 (or something like that, I don't remember the specific age she said), while she was performing at the BTWBall 😭

oh no why are both saying that? That's nothing 😭 It's like her career will be over in like 10 years.

For me she won’t stop working. She will be acting for sure, and sometimes people change their mind. I’m not being negative at all.