Lady Gaga's Dognappers Found and Arrested for Attempted Murder and Robbery

After over two months of searching, the people who shot Lady Gaga's dogwalker, Ryan Fischer, and stole her dogs back in late February have been arrested.

According to TMZ and Billboard, five people were in on the dognapping, including the woman who came forward claiming to have found Koji and Gustav tied up in an alley. Law enforcement believe the original suspects got nervous after all the attention the incident received, so they decided to back out on reselling them, but figured they could cash in on the reward, which is where the woman who "found" them came in. Police suspected that she was in on it, so they advised Gaga to not pay her the $500,000 reward she had advertised all over social media to whoever found her beloved dogs. 

lady-gaga-dogs-valleyofthedogs.jpg

The police originally thought the dognapping was a gang initiation; however, they later believed it to be a dog stealing ring because small pure bred dogs such as French Bulldogs can be resold for a lot of money.

The video taken from a neighbor's security system that caught the attack became key evidence in the case, and it helped law enforcement hunt down the criminals while Ryan fully recovered in the hospital. The five suspects were arrested April 29th for multiple charges. Three of the five were brought in for attempted murder, conspiracy to commit robbery, and second-degree robbery. 

• James Jackson, 18
  • Jaylin White, 19
  • Lafayette Whaley, 27

Additionally, Jackson faces one count each of assault with a semiautomatic firearm and a felon carrying a concealed firearm in a vehicle. White faces one count of assault by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury.

And the remaining two were arrested for accessories to attempted murder:

• Harold White, 40
  • Jennifer McBride, 50

Detectives say McBride, the woman who claimed to have found the dogs, is in a relationship with Harold White, the father of one of the three men who shot Ryan.

According to the police, the suspects were arraigned at the Foltz Criminal Justice Center on Thursday, April 29th. The defendants all pleaded Not Guilty. Their next court appearance is scheduled for May 11th. Bail was ordered at $3 million for Jackson, $1 million for Jaylin White, $1.1 million for Whaley, and $35,000 for Harold White. McBride was released without bail as long as she agreed to ankle monitoring.

“This was a brazen street crime that left a man seriously wounded,” District Attorney George Gascón said in a statement. “We have alleged very serious charges in this case and have faith that justice will be appropriately served as this case unfolds in court.”

View full article

• Love 4

I’m so relieved and happy to hear this!!!

The LAPD did a great job. That woman seemed suspicious from the beginning.

I’m happy this is over, and I can’t wait for Gaga to reunite with Ryan and her dogs.

I’m glad the people who took part in this awful crime are being held accountable. Hopefully this will bring some closure for both Ryan and Gaga. I’m so thankful both Ryan and the dogs came out of that situation alive. I pray every day for Ryan’s physical and mental healing as I know this will forever change him. I hope Gaga gets to be reunited with her babies and Ryan soon. I know that when that day does come, it will be very emotional and special for her.

This is such a relieving news! I'm so so glad those inhumane people were caught! They're 40 and 50 years old and at this age they're stealing other people's dogs. Smh hope justice serves them well! 

I'm so glad that gaga didn't give the 500k reward to them. How cunning of them to put their own woman forward. 

• ★ Moderator

I'm so relieved that they've been caught and charged. Honestly, it makes me so sick beyond belief that someone would be so horribly twisted as to pretend to have found the dogs, just in an attempt to get the money. The things people do for money these days are just absolutely disgusting and unbelievable 🤮 Serves them right to be jailed. They've attempted to kill an innocent human being, steal (and possibly injure or kill) 3 innocent little dogs (although Ik it was only Koji and Gustav that got stolen in the end), and they've also damaged the mental health of 2 innocent people (being Ryan and Gaga) because the event was so traumatic that it will be extremely difficult for them to forget... They'll never forget it. Neither will I, or I'm sure any of us for that matter. But none of us have been hurt in any way as severely as Ryan and Gaga, no matter how upset we were by the event. They must be so relieved that the criminals are locked up now... And poor Gaga already has PTSD, and I can only imagine that this horrific event must've added to it 😭💔

• Love 2
  • ★ Senior Moderator

Finally! 😭😭 I’m so so happy about this! Now Gaga can remain calmed. I just hope Ryan recovers completely as soon as possible 🙏🏻

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

That's a very great news  ! It's a relief seriously,  I hope they're gonna pay the appropriate price for what they all did. Gaga and ryan are gonna be able to moved on faster now ❤