US health regulators have lifted an 11-day pause on the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Covid-19 jab, but will add a warning label about the potential for extremely rare blood clots.

A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) panel earlier approved restarting US rollout of the shot.

Fifteen vaccine recipients suffered from a dangerous blood clot out of nearly eight million given the jab.

This week, Europe's drug regulator also ended restrictions on the J&J vaccine.

European regulators this month also linked similar, highly unusual blood clots to the AstraZeneca Covid-19 shot, but found the benefits of the drug outweighed any risks.

On Friday afternoon, the CDC and Food and Drug Administration swiftly followed the recommendation of the CDC advisory panel after it voted 10-4 to continue rolling out the vaccine for people 18 years of age and older in line with its original authorisation.

The decision means at least 10 million doses of the J&J vaccine, shipped from the company's factory in the Netherlands, can be deployed across the US immediately.

The health officials on Friday identified nine more cases of the blood clots, adding to six cases already identified since regulators first approved the jab as safe and effective in February.

All were women, most under the age of 50. Three died and seven remain in hospital.

About a dozen of the cases affected women aged 30-39. Seven of the women were obese, two had high blood pressure, and two were using oral contraceptives, according to health officials.

Dr Sarah Long, of Drexel University College of Medicine, was among the panel members who voted against the proposal because she thought it did not go far enough in warning women.

"This is an age group that is most at risk [of the blood clot] that is getting vaccine predominantly to save other peoples' lives and morbidity, not their own," she told AP new agency. "And I think we have a responsibility to be certain that they know this."

More on BBC

https://bbc.in/3xj3Clz

• ★ Moderator

image.jpeg.b6790cbfbbda2d89219e6b4eac274076.jpeg

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will "likely" need a third dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated.

He also said it's possible people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually.

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will "likely" need a booster dose of a Covid-19vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated. His comments were made public Thursday but were taped April 1.

Bourla said it's possible people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually.

Read full article. 

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why.

Annually? That would be difficult for the developing countries. I don't think they could afford to have the privilege of getting vaccinated every year. This situation is so sad whatsoever 

• ★ Moderator

I just hope everything will remain okay 😔 I’m very worried about this. But I really need to be vaccinated so are my parents. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I just hope everything will remain okay 😔 I’m very worried about this. But I really need to be vaccinated so are my parents. 

Try not to go for this one, so far I've heard the Pfizer is the most effective. 

• ★ Moderator
28 minutes ago, Leography said:

I would like to get ONE (1) dose for starter, we'll talk later about a third :tired:

I'm so tired of this situation. 

Me too. I need a vaccine NOW! F4128C5E-8A97-48F3-872B-A6C97A3C2FF2.jpeg.855c703a1e1bbb06fa3cf81a2ebc43c2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Leography said:

I would like to get ONE (1) dose for starter, we'll talk later about a third :tired:

I'm so tired of this situation. 

Some people in my country were caught saving the vaccines for themselves to sell later, and injecting the patients with water/oxygen (I don't remember precisely) but oh??? 😭😭

1 hour ago, dafniye said:

Some people in my country were caught saving the vaccines for themselves to sell later, and injecting the patients with water/oxygen (I don't remember precisely) but oh??? 😭😭

...they did what now?! 💀💀💀

A US state says it will offer young people a $100 (£72) savings bond if they receive a Covid-19 vaccine.

West Virginia says it hopes the payment for those aged 16 to 35 will "motivate" them to get the jab.

"Our kids today probably don't really realise just how important they are in shutting this thing down," State Governor Jim Justice said on Monday.

West Virginia had been among the top US states for vaccination rates, but progress has slowed in recent weeks.

The incentive means those who are vaccinated within the age group can retrieve the $100, plus interest, at a later date. It will also be offered to anyone aged 16 to 35 who has already been vaccinated.

West Virginia has the 16th highest rate of new coronavirus cases per person among US states, according to the New York Times.

About 52% of its 1.5 million eligible residents have received at least one dose, Governor Justice said, but he added some 40% of the population might be hesitant about getting the jab.

More on 

https://bbc.in/3gILqMc

• Love 1
  • ★ Administrator

I don't understand why people shouldn't be motivated to get a medicine that prevents people from dying lol

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I don't understand why people shouldn't be motivated to get a medicine that prevents people from dying lol

Exactly 🙄

And meanwhile in France a lot of people that age WANT to be vaccinated, but can't yet, despite of all the doses available. A whole ass mess.

Same, I really hope that the whole process is gonna get faster so we can finally get vaccinated...

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I guess there's a lot of fear because the vaccine was developed so quickly. 

And meanwhile in France a lot of people that age WANT to be vaccinated, but can't yet, despite of all the doses available. A whole ass mess.

I know right. So many people would do anything for those vaccines. Imagine getting a $100 on top of getting the vaccine. Couldn't be me 

• ★ Moderator

If my president would do that, I would be the first in line to be vaccinated. I don't understand why people are not motivated to get vaccinated. This would save many lives.

that´s kinda cool but also sad at the same that it needs money to get people to get vaccinated. 

I´m just glad that the USA will donate their vaccines to the rest of the world tbh. 3rd world countries deserve much better

33 minutes ago, Triconoutsold said:

that´s kinda cool but also sad at the same that it needs money to get people to get vaccinated. 

I´m just glad that the USA will donate their vaccines to the rest of the world tbh. 3rd world countries deserve much better

I hope they donate soon because many countries are in crisis at the moment. The vaccines should've been distributed equally around the world.

3 hours ago, dafniye said:

I hope they donate soon because many countries are in crisis at the moment. The vaccines should've been distributed equally around the world.

yes! Have you seen India? It´s really sad to see...but I also was inevidable w/ the distributionn the companies had...I wish we can already abolish this system and respect all countries the same. 

If this gets outta hand there it´s also gonna reach other countries very fast and it´s gonna get really bad for all of us. That´s why we can´t make huge classification when it comes to a GLOBAL pandemic. 

49 minutes ago, Triconoutsold said:

yes! Have you seen India? It´s really sad to see...but I also was inevidable w/ the distributionn the companies had...I wish we can already abolish this system and respect all countries the same

Yes I have. So many people are dying to the point where there's no place to store them until the cremation/burning now. It's so sad and nobody deserves that. 

You're right it is gonna reach the rest of us soon, no matter how many lockdowns we have, this seems like an endless loop now. I am forgetting a life before covid even existed. 

11 minutes ago, dafniye said:

Yes I have. So many people are dying to the point where there's no place to store them until the cremation/burning now. It's so sad and nobody deserves that. 

You're right it is gonna reach the rest of us soon, no matter how many lockdowns we have, this seems like an endless loop now. I am forgetting a life before covid even existed. 

the sad thing is that a life back to normal will be sooo hard to achiev - physically and emotionally 

2 minutes ago, Triconoutsold said:

the sad thing is that a life back to normal will be sooo hard to achiev - physically and emotionally 

I think physically, it might happen. But emotionally? No way. There will be remains of this time period in all our minds, especially for those who lost someone to this tragedy. 

• ★ Moderator

82% Of Pfizer Bought By Rich Countries... 85% Of Worlds Population Has None

Pfizer says it can produce 1.35 billion doses of the vaccine, which was shown according to Pfizer’s first formal review to be 90% effective at preventing coronavirus infection in patients who have never had the virus, by the end of 2021. More than one billion of those doses — 82% of the supply — have already been purchased by wealthy countries.

Read morehttps://truthout.org/articles/days-after-hopeful-pfizer-vaccine-news-82-of-doses-bought-by-richest-nations/?amp