Born This Way is a cultural historical event for the LGBTQ+

Tony

• ★ Senior Moderator

18D20118-3898-4F98-8407-65B4D5AC4897.jpeg.2adb01c64952e94c1108e8f0771d1ecc.jpeg

The University of San Diego has published a study on the influence of the LGBTQ + community in the history of music and highlights the song "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga as a cultural historical event.

“...The song most aligned with gay pride from this span is easily “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga. Much of the songs from her monster meat-dress era pushed boundaries when concerning inclusive topics of inner strength, perseverance and acceptance. Pushed to an astronomical level, “Born This Way” encourages listeners to be comfortable in their own skin.” 

Read the full article: http://thedailyaztec.com/105614/artsandculture/a-timeline-of-lgbtq-influence-in-music/

• TEA 1

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

I detect no lies whatsoever! Back in 2011 it was still socially accepted to ridicule ppl for their sexuality and Gaga was one of the few ppl in power who kept pushing for equality when it wasn't cool yet.

No lies detected.This song was so powerful back in the days.I think it was the first song with "gay,strraight,bi" lyrics to hit #1.Also it was the first song to mention LGBTQ+ on Super Bowl.It was just iconic in every way,and still its a BOP till this day:bite:

• Tony changed the title to Born This Way is a cultural historical event for the LGBTQ+