My experience with ADHD

• ★ Moderator

My experience with attention deficit has been very strange to me, since it usually starts from childhood. But in my case it started from adolescence, from the eighth grade my academic performance dropped in an incredible way; I went from having high grades to failing classes.

This has also hurt my personal relationships, but it has reached a point where this problem plus my depression and anxiety become a triple threat for me.

I have never discussed this condition with anyone, since many tend to say that it is only a problem for children and that for adults it is an excuse not to do things. Actually having attention deficit has affected me a lot, that I even have a phobia of mathematics.

I know that everything I am saying may seem confusing, but having ADHD causes me to lack concentration, problems multitasking, Low tolerance for frustration, Frequent mood swings, Problems completing and completing tasks, Irascible temperament , Problems coping with stress, among others.

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why.

I'm so sorry! ADHD is a very serious condition, and I advice you to please talk to someone about it so you can get on proper medication for it. 

Don't believe the nonsense that only children can have it. There's literally no factual proof of that. Please go to a doctor soon so you can regulate your life and emotions.

You're very brave for sharing this with us. I hope it gets easier for you. 

• ★ Moderator

Actually I've been thinking of going with a psychiatrist, since I feel that it would be the most appropriate for my condition. I am very tired of not giving my best and that people think that I behave in this way on a whim or to be contrary.

Yes that would be for the good. If you can afford to and have the means to, I would suggest going as soon as possible. You deserve to live healthily and with proper care 

• ★ Moderator

Of course. I’ve been looking for some psychiatrists that can help me online. I’ve been talking with a psychologist and he’s open to help me too if I need. 

That's good to know. Right now online therapy seems to be the best choice in regards of safety. Hopefully it all works out for you! I'm proud of you for reaching out to a psychiatrist. 

• ★ Moderator

Thank you my dear. :kiss: I just talk to a friend and she said online therapy is great and convenient. So I'm more than confident to try this.

Yes my best friend takes online therapy too and she says it's the best. Better than in person therapy because you're in your own space and environment. 

I really really hope it goes well for you ❤️❤️

• ★ Moderator

Yes! Because I am very introverted in person. So I feel more comfortable with online therapy. Possibly later I could have therapy in person, but I feel that online therapy would be a good start.

It's a good way to break the ice with your therapist and get to know them better before you meet irl. Even if you don't want in person therapy after this ends, I'm sure many therapists would love to work online

• ★ Moderator

Yes, it is very convenient. In the end of the day, this is the only good thing that this pandemic left us, because as you said, it is a good way to start and break the ice.