Nokia working on a new Smartphone with 108 megapixel camera

Tony

• ★ Senior Moderator

Nokia Smartphone With 5G, 108-Megapixel Penta Rear Camera Setup in Works; Could Be Nokia X50: Report

The purported Nokia smartphone could be launched in the third quarter of 2021.

Nokia is developing a 5G smartphone that could come with an 108-megapixel penta rear camera setup, as per a report. Additionally, the purported smartphone in question could be called Nokia X50, and may be launched in the third quarter of 2021. Furthermore, the specifications of the smartphone have also surfaced on the Internet. The phone may be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 775 SoC and may feature a display with 120Hz refresh rate. The phone may pack a large 6,000mAh battery.

As per a report by NokiaPowerUser, the alleged Nokia X50 could be a successor to Nokia 8.3 5Gand the 5G smartphone is reported to be in the works for some time. It is claimed to be powered by the yet-to-launched Qualcomm Snapdragon 775 SoC.

Read full article.

I think when love is pure you try to understand the reasons why…

• ★ Senior Moderator
16 minutes ago, dafniye said:

108 Megapixels?? Holy..... 

My phone has 25 Megapixels. I can't imagine having 108 Megapixels on my phone 😱

To me that megapixel thing is a Marketing strategy. And I feel it’s not that good. Because some phone promises you the best quality the most megapixels, the best lens and at the end of the day the pictures are not that great and the lack of quality is evident. 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

To me that megapixel thing is a Marketing strategy. And I feel it’s not that good. Because some phone promises you the best quality the most megapixels, the best lens and at the end of the day the pictures are not that great and the lack of quality is evident. 

It might be. My sister had a 40 Megapixels phone I think from Nokia too, and honestly, her results and mine are the same. Sometimes companies do exaggerate. 

• ★ Senior Moderator
4 hours ago, dafniye said:

It might be. My sister had a 40 Megapixels phone I think from Nokia too, and honestly, her results and mine are the same. Sometimes companies do exaggerate. 

Exactly. That’s what I mean about marketing strategies that are beyond exaggerated. At the end of the day we are the ones who decide which phones we’ll get. 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Exactly. That’s what I mean about marketing strategies that are beyond exaggerated. At the end of the day we are the ones who decide which phones we’ll get. 

True. I don't think it will be 108 either. Probably 50 at best, if we're being generous. 

• ★ Senior Moderator

In marketing class we talked about these types of strategies, which in the end are often misleading, since they do not fulfill the true functions of marketing and do not benefit their customers. It looks bad for a phone company to exaggerate the specifications of their products. Although there are few that do offer what they really propose and put on sale.