Lady Gaga at Quelli Che Il Calcio in 2009

4 minutes ago, dafniye said:

10 years ago today Lady Gaga made her first appearance on Italian TV as a guest on the then popular programme Quelli Che Il Calcio.

ladygaga.nation_20210420_143624_0.jpg

ladygaga.nation_20210420_143624_1.jpg

ladygaga.nation_20210420_143624_2.jpg

Those are real memories 🥲

I remember that! I used to watch that program every Sunday afternoon with my family when I was younger. The studio of that show is only 15 mins away from my house but I didn't know Gaga back then. I became a fan in late 2009!! 😭

Anyway, you guys have no idea how ICONIC was that for Italian little monsters!!!! 

Not because of Gaga's performance, but for the presenter of the show 😂  (Italians know what I'm talking about it lol)
The woman who hosted the show LOVES Gaga, even now, and after Gaga performed, she asked her a few questions and it was pretty awkward!! Her name is Simona Ventura and she still hosts some shows on the Italian tv.
She wanted to say Gaga's Italian name but Gaga didn't want to at the time, but Simona said Gaga's name anyway and it was pretty embarassing. I honestly feel bad for both of them 😅 
Simona's English wasn't that good either, and I think she was a bit nervous talking with Gaga, so she did some mistakes and she even said words they don't even exist!!! I was really funny!
There are SO MANY memes about that!!! Simona is pretty chill so she also jokes about it! She always go to Gaga's concerts here in Italy.
Gaga's reaction was like :shook2: 🤣

PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO, IT'S SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

Simona also asks Gaga is she's going on tour like 5 times 😂 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

I remember that! I used to watch that program every Sunday afternoon with my family when I was younger. The studio of that show is only 15 mins away from my house but I didn't know Gaga back then. I became a fan in late 2009!! 😭

Anyway, you guys have no idea how ICONIC was that for Italian little monsters!!!! 

Not because of Gaga's performance, but for the presenter of the show 😂  (Italians know what I'm talking about it lol)
The woman who hosted the show LOVES Gaga, even now, and after Gaga performed, she asked her a few questions and it was pretty awkward!! Her name is Simona Ventura and she still hosts some shows on the Italian tv.
She wanted to say Gaga's Italian name but Gaga didn't want to at the time, but Simona said Gaga's name anyway and it was pretty embarassing. I honestly feel bad for both of them 😅 
Simona's English wasn't that good either, and I think she was a bit nervous talking with Gaga, so she did some mistakes and she even said words they don't even exist!!! I was really funny!
There are SO MANY memes about that!!! Simona is pretty chill so she also jokes about it! She always go to Gaga's concerts here in Italy.

Oh I have seen that. It's really funny, especially when the interviewer is asking her questions in Italian and gaga, not understanding, is just nodding 😭😭😭

Just now, dafniye said:

Oh I have seen that. It's really funny, especially when the interviewer is asking her questions in Italian and gaga, not understanding, is just nodding 😭😭😭

Haha yes because she asks her if she knows a bit of Italian and Gaga is like EEEEEH :haha:

• LMAO 1
8 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

Haha yes because she asks her if she knows a bit of Italian and Gaga is like EEEEEH :haha:

And that's when Gaga knew that with every interview, she just had to say that "I'm Italian" 

1 hour ago, Giulia Monster said:

I haven't seen this before, this is so funny.. I can't😂😭

• LMAO 1
1 hour ago, Giulia Monster said:

Ahahahahahahahah

It is 😂😂😂

Simona Ventura even posted this on her ig to remember that day! 😍

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN2tIpCj5fa/?igshid=1l3idv1repovo

ADB8FF36-1017-4F00-B979-36CA6013E5B1.jpeg

She seems like a cool person <3 Honestly, I don't quite understand her words as I don't speak Italian and the automated caption is as bad, but it's still hilarious lmao. Probably thanks to the edit and also their body language & awkwardness lol.

Even after I think it's finally done, the host still managed to say "you sweat a lot?" to the dancer.... I can't stop laughing..

54 minutes ago, Steff said:

She seems like a cool person <3 Honestly, I don't quite understand her words as I don't speak Italian and the automated caption is as bad, but it's still hilarious lmao. Probably thanks to the edit and also their body language & awkwardness lol.

Even after I think it's finally done, the host still managed to say "you sweat a lot?" to the dancer.... I can't stop laughing..

LMAOOOO!! Yes 😂😂😂 that’s one of the sentences we usually joke about!!

The closed capitions are not really in Italian nor English. It’s just how SHE pronounce them, so it’s even more funny 😂

The edit is awesome, and like you said, even if you don’t understand the words, you can kinda get what’s going on and how awkward that is 😂😂

• LMAO 1
10 minutes ago, Giulia Monster said:

LMAOOOO!! Yes 😂😂😂 that’s one of the sentences we usually joke about!!

The closed capitions are not really in Italian nor English. It’s just how SHE pronounce them, so it’s even more funny 😂

The edit is awesome, and like you said, even if you don’t understand the words, you can kinda get what’s going on and how awkward that is 😂😂

Oh I mean I tried to understand her with the youtube caption (turned out it's not helping too lol).

And wait!! So that's why when I tried to put some of the words to the translator it still didn't make sense😭😂😭 I'm so stupid, I thought this one is something I could understand...

6 hours ago, Garbage Can said:

MOLTO SDI BEH LEIBA 

Omg that video is so funny hahahahha Simona was overexcited she LOVES Gaga as you can see hahaha I'm laughing out loud with the captures 😂 Gaga must've gone backstage like "what on earth has just happened??" :eww:

I'm glad she's still happy to say that she's Italian even after that 😂 

Edited by gia
26 minutes ago, gia said:

Omg that video is so funny hahahahha Simona was overexcited she LOVES Gaga as you can see hahaha I'm laughing out loud with the captures 😂 Gaga must've gone backstage like "what on earth has just happened??" :eww:

I'm glad she's still happy to say that she's Italian even after that 😂 

Me too!!!!

Too bad that’s the only Italian tv performance/interview we ever had!! I hope she’ll do some when she’s finished filming! 🤞🏻